UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Britain's Got Talent

ReikiAnge

Good post Snow :flowers:

When you consider that Susan lead a somewhat reclusive life prior to all this in a very small community (where some of the children shouted cruel things at her like "Susie simple" & "Susie Sambo") it's hardly surprising that she doesn't really understand that her over exuberance can be seen as a bit embarrassing. I must admit I cringed a bit at it but it doesn't put me off supporting her.

I read that her priest had said that due to her learning difficulties she sometimes exhibited inappropriate behaviour and others who know her have said she is "eccentric".

I can't stand the child acts. Let them have their childhood for goodness sake. They have all their lives in front of them to succeed - this is Susan's last chance so I'll be voting as often as I can for her in the final - I don't care if she sings off-key all the way through and shows us her knickers at the end.

Loved Stavros Flately last night. They have a great bond.

Edited coz I missed out a word :rolleyes:

Edited by Yantan

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm afraid I've been voting for Susan I think she's very good, she's said in the papers yesterday that she's had a cold I don't know if that would have affected her performance, I agree about her antics though they are cringe worthy, it was reported here when she first went on the programme that she has learning difficulties due to being slightly brain damaged at birth.

Terri

I know - that's why I feel someone should be keeping an eye on her. If she continues to behave 'inappropriately', no-one will want to employ her, and I really hope she gets the chance to find work. She has a family - if she were my sister, I'd be telling her to curb the antics. She didn't come on to the stage jumping around - it looked as though she'd been advised how to walk on, so I imagine a gentle word in her ear would do the trick. Poor lassie - I hope this doesn't turn out to be a blight on her future happiness. She is even less prepared for "fame" - or rejection - than most, and we all know how fickle the public can be.

I have to say I'm a tiny bit concerned for Susan Boyle - in a bio I read about her right back when this all started it made some reference to her having learning difficulties, we have a nasty habit here of building people up to be heros then shooting them down in flames, last night Lily flipping Allens comments about her made the News at 10 ffs. The way she reacted when she'd won thru to the semis was a tad uncomfortable to watch but entirely consistant with someone behaving in a way which they thought people on TV should act in those cirumstances. She lives alone, appears to have had a very sheltered upbringing and I seriously doubt she will have been prepared or even have expected all this attention - I hope she doesn't end up getting hurt.

I don't watch the show but have seen the clip on you tube and I will be honest and say I think she is going to be used and exploited like the vast majority of people on these shows are ,and If she were my friend or family I would be getting very worried about her long term well being

I don't like the twee kids acts either

I wish people would leave Susan Boyle alone. So what if she doesn't conform to so called "normal" standards of behaviour? Some people might say that's part of her charm. She is not a worldly woman and she may be a bit socially inept sometimes, but so are a lot of people, myself included.

I wish people would leave Susan Boyle alone. So what if she doesn't conform to so called "normal" standards of behaviour? Some people might say that's part of her charm. She is not a worldly woman and she may be a bit socially inept sometimes, but so are a lot of people, myself included.

but people are not going to leave her alone given that she is on a TV reality talent show getting huge exposure, my concern is that people on these shows generally are used to make a quick buck for the TV Company etc and disposed off when they are no longer useful

like I say if she were my sister or my friend I would be concerned for her because she does in the limited TV time I have seen her seem more vulnerable than the average contestant and even the clued up contestants can find the whole process hard

I was delighted that Julian Smith got through - he is awesome, a fantastic saxophonist and seems a genuinely nice guy. I must confess that the girl & grandad did bring a tear to my eye, but I hoped that 12 year old Callum would get through. He was excellent, such a lovely smile, and a great performer. I can see him in a West End Show.

Why oh why did the bloke who "breakdances" get through to the semi finals?

My thoughts precisely - and the grandad and his grandaughter made me cringe as well :rolleyes:

Really pleased Julian went through, you can see how desperately he wants it.