UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April Rmf

snow

I am sitting here shaking, I am beyond angry - for the first time in my adult life I have yelled at the top of my voice at some poor sod in a call center and then ended up in tears due to the anger and frustration - mind you they sure as hell have gotten the message that I am extremly pissed off!

Rob had a call at 12:30 telling us that because our car was a write off and because WE were "willfully delaying settlement of the claim" they were taking back the hire car this afternoon unless we agreed to settle for £700 in which case we could keep it for another 7 days. Needless to say I hit the roof - I ended up leaving work early in a right royal temper (having scared the heck out of the Vicar :blush: ) and driving back here ready for battle.

Rob had authorised me to act on his behlaf and indeed I HAD been the one dealing with this right up to now - but when I called them they refused to even speak to me!! So I had to drag Rob out of a meeting get him to call them and authorise me and then try again.... I am now waiting for a call back from what will be the 6th person I have spoken too in the 4th f****** department and have had to say the same effing thing each effing time and each effing time I have gotten more and more and more angry.

Today is day 1 of my period it is NOT the day to go screwing around with me :mad:

It turns out that it IS my insurers doing all this... for some strange unfuckingbeleivable reason they seem to think we are claiming off our own effing insurance!!! Why the FCUK would we do that when WE are the effing VICTIMS and the other side ADMITS FULL LIABILITY????????? THEY have written the car off and they are refusing to accept my proof of value and they have made a final offer of £800 and basically told me take it or leave it and see you in court if we leave it mean time they will be taking back the hire car!!

I have demanded an explanation as to why this is not being claimed from the 3rd party insurers, the last guy I yelled at told me I needed to speak to customer complaints and I'd get a priority call back within 24 hours - that was when I lost it completely - I'm now waiting for HIM to call me back as he is now going to try and et the hire car reinstated until the question of who we are claiming against is resolved, once thats resolved we can move on to disputing the write off...... I've made it very very clear that I wont be dropping this any time soon and WILL kick up one HELL of a stink and take this a LOT further if they do NOT get their act together!

And welcome to my world.

Snow... send me the details of the insurance company. A few phone callls from the "press" may well lubricate the wheels.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Snowball, find out the email address of your insurance companies managing director and send him an email containing everything that has gone on. This was the advice I received from the Financial Services Authority (all insurance companies are answerable to them). It worked! The MD of Swiftcover (don't ever touch with yours or even somebody elses bargepole) got his PA to be my main point of contact and she kicked arse for me, ensuring I kept the hire car until my car was fixed by their garage who had damaged it even further.

Bloody hell Snow - that is unfeckin believable :angry: I realise now how lucky I was last year when that guy reversed into me. I phoned my insurers, Sheila's Wheels, and they took the details and passed it onto a 3rd party which acts for many insurers. They made it all very easy, I got a brand new £28,000 pound Volvo estate to run round in which was charged to the other party at over a £1,000 a week and I had it for 2 and-half- weeks whilst mine was repaired. The other party's insurers, Saga, just paid up with no fuss. And I had absolutely nothing to do other than make the initial phone call to my insurer.

Can you name and shame. I know I wouldn't care to give your insurer any business in the future.

Sam we have a letter from the 3rd party insurers admiting full liability - my insurers have just rung back the hire car will be withdrawn today no matter what however if we want to we can hire another car at our own expense until we sort this all out and then we can try and recover that cost from the 3rd party insurers - which is all well and good but theres no way we can afford to pay out for a hire car for any length of time especially when they could then drag their feet on paying us back for it, especially if they havent authorised it .... so we seem to have been left with no options whatsoever but to settle this today for £800 and then raise a complaint and try for compensation... which I doubt we'd get anyway since they seem to be a bunch of incompetant theiving bastards.

Lesley - I'll name and shame publically once this is over they have already been told that I fully intend to go public and make a stink in the papers and all over the web including with watchdog but I will only do that AFTER I have received a cheque as we simply cannot afford to be without a car it means Nicks job and thats a risk I simply cannot take.

:GroupHug: Andrea - thats terrible - hope something is sorted out, and soon.

Snow :ohno02: - I can't believe this hasn't been sorted out yet. Sounds like you're kicking some ass - hope its all sorted out soon.

Sophie is back from the vet :biggrin: The tests didn't show anything, but she goes back in two weeks so they can see if anything has changed. It didn't feel right without my girly in the house.

Sam we have a letter from the 3rd party insurers admiting full liability -

long term thats got to help but I am amazed your own insurance company are acting in such a way towards you , it almost sounds as if they are processing it as a shared fault accident with the other company

have your own insurance company given you anything from them saying its the other parties fault and your no claim bonus is unaffected

not sure what else to say , is 800 enough to get another car ?

:GroupHug: to snow and safneo

I am very upset for my friend Eddie. He went and did an induction day for new job ... and was then told he is only being offered two 4 hr shifts per week, not 5 or 6 plus overtime as first promised. He can't now accept the job, as once the travel cost is deducted he would be earning less than half the jobseekers allowance. So he is back to trawling the net for a job - anywhere in UK will do.

My eyes are burning and I am shivery, think I have the flu :unsure:

Good luck for tonight, Amy and Louie :wub:

I am very upset for my friend Eddie. He went and did an induction day for new job ... and was then told he is only being offered two 4 hr shifts per week, not 5 or 6 plus overtime as first promised. He can't now accept the job, as once the travel cost is deducted he would be earning less than half the jobseekers allowance. So he is back to trawling the net for a job - anywhere in UK will do.

poor Eddie its dreadful when people want to work and they can't get employment or can only earn less than job seekers ( which is not much to start with is it )

really hope something comes up for him soon :flowers:

We had another rubbish night last night. House next door got robbed again. A gang of 5 or 6 hooded youths/men kicked the front door in and when we went out to see what was going on they threatened to 'cut' OH legs. :rolleyes: We phoned the police who didnt seem that interested as no one was in the house (we think). The gang came back a few times and proceeded to empty things from the house. I saw one of them taking something resembling a fridge or tumbler but as the 'neighbour ' doesnt actually live there (though she is supposed to as its HA) and we have to, we gave up. We were expecting to come out this morning to find our cars trashed too. :angry: I have reported to the HA today to get in touch with 'resident' as house is unsecured. They want to know why she is still not living there. :( If the house wasnt uninhabited it wouldnt keep getting broken into and we wouldnt have to keep having the bloomin stress and hassle of it! :mecry:

Saf :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

something similar happend to a guy a couple of years a go and this is what he did.

Called the police to report a break in, was told there was no one available to respond

and got the incident number from them.

He waited 5-10 minutes and called back quoting the number saying that the police

didnt need to bother now as he had shot the person in question.

10 minutes later there were 2 police cars there, the gun squad, 2 dog handlers and the helicopter overhead

with more police on the way.

when he was queried over the lack of 1), a gun, and 2), gunshot wounds he replied that he thought

there were no police available (whilst pointing out all the manpower currently on show).

Snow :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

im sorry for the problems you are going through. Its just not fair that the victims lose out, whatevers happened.

well, been to the doctors about the xray results in my neck, ive got the start of spondalosis. i know what that looks like coz my dog has got it I said. she didnt find it funny lol

Saf :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

something similar happend to a guy a couple of years a go and this is what he did.

Called the police to report a break in, was told there was no one available to respond

and got the incident number from them.

He waited 5-10 minutes and called back quoting the number saying that the police

didnt need to bother now as he had shot the person in question.

10 minutes later there were 2 police cars there, the gun squad, 2 dog handlers and the helicopter overhead

with more police on the way.

when he was queried over the lack of 1), a gun, and 2), gunshot wounds he replied that he thought

there were no police available (whilst pointing out all the manpower currently on show).

I promise to stop monopolising the police so there is more to go around.

Snow :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

:GroupHug: to snow and safneo

My eyes are burning and I am shivery, think I have the flu :unsure:

You sounded odd when I spoke to you earlier. I thought you may have been visiting that pub you mentioned last night.

Would your friend like a milking job ?

Hello :)

Not been around for a couple of day as I am a poorly person,I have tonsillitis and feel blinking horrible.I've given in today and come home early and slept this afternoon and finally got some antibiotics.

I am fed up with feeling like I've swallowed a mouthful of razor blades :( It 'urts.

I've accepted their offer - in fact I got another £50 out of them as I was clearly "genuine and very very upset" - thats an understatement :rolleyes: I spoke to the recovery dept they will be recovering it all from the 3rd party and it "shouldn't" affect our no claims - tho I want that in writing and I am not dropping the complaint. As for the hire car we are now entitled to keep it for 7 days after the day we receive the cheque and the lady there told me that the cheques can take up to a week to even be sent out so we have the hire car for at least another 10 days or so which keeps Nick on the road for work and means we can go look for a replacement car. I now have to phone round the grans and see if we can persuade them to volunteer a donation to the pot so we can find something decent to buy. :wacko: :mecry: