April Rmf

snow

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marge :GroupHug:

Abby :flowers:

I have had my mum on the phone in floods of tears - she popped out to do some shopping and a bloody big coach drove into the side of her and failed to stop :mad: when she went to the police station all they wanted to know was if anyone was hurt - mum said no so they told her there was nothing to report then - I hit the roof failing to stop after an accident is a bloody crime ffs - honest to god my father was a copper at that bloody station for decades he will be turning in his grave at the way my mum got fobbed off!! Add to that SAGA gave her duff advice about her insurance telling her even if it wasn't her fault because she doesnt have "legal protection" on her policy she will have to pay the excess!! NO SHE BLOODY DOESNT ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG I am so sodding SICK of car insurance companies why the HELL do we pay the stupid fuppers anything??? They couldn't find their arses with 3 effing hands!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR they then tried to tell her that her car had to go to Western Super Mare for assessment as they don't have a local garage and when mum said she would prefer the car to go to her local garage told her that would invalidate her policy so she wouldn't be covered ------------ oh yes she would you bloody morons it's not HER policy she's claiming on it's the effing bus companies!!! They also told her that if she wanted a curtesy car she could have one but that they couldnt give her an automatic despite the fact my mothers car is an automatic because she sodding disabled and cannot drive a manual!!! **** and breath**** I have quietly and calmly told my mother that when she rings and speaks to them again she is to authorise me to deal with the insurance company on her behalf - and god help them when they DO speak to me.

Mums OK very shaken up shes been driving 45 years and never had an accident so it's the shock of it thats upset her rather than any injury.

Just had a v spooky experience. I was messing about on the puter - peace and quiet as the three dogs were fast asleep when I heard someone say "hello" . The dogs jumped and started barking and then I went to the door thinking it was my daughter at the door. She usualy puts her head in the door and says hello and then closes it again so I can sort the dogs out before she comes in with the Munchkins.

There was no-one there.

The dogs spent a couple of minutes rushing around as if they were looking for someone. It was very strange! :spudnikghost: and quite spooky!

cripes that very twlight zone indeed :ninja:

sorry, I seem to be so self absorbed and woe this week, I'm not ignoring anyone, just trying to get my head round things. :flowers:

with all that crap on your plate no wonder you need time to get your head together :GroupHug:

now get that facebook page sorted and we can all join up as fans :jumpy:

Yes definitely - and take lots of lovely photos of the pub and the surrounding scenery to encourage people to visit. I would love to come up there one day :) (I think it's up :laugh: ).

Oh Snow, your poor mum :GroupHug: Hope you can get through to the insurers.

have been on the phone to Mo in Sri Lanka this morning , off to update Fugee dogs thread now :jumpy:

:jumpy:

Lottie was given some baby powder fragranced spay for when she is wet so she does not get the wet dog smell.

I tried it on my hair and it makes it lovely and soft and smell gorgous. I'm having it. I'll get some more for her..

:laugh: I bought some very expensive lotion for Muppet's coat for when he is shown that makes it straight, sleek, non greasy and smelling nice. It costs waaaay more than human stuff and I am considering using on my hair. Don't tell him :laugh:

I am having a proud moment.

My little food empire is expanding. I have just had delivered more crockery and cutlery. We had our first veg delivery today. I am going to have to buy a second fridge. Now we are doing homemade chips all the time people are being really complementary (makes us a bit more motivated about the endless peeling and chipping).

And a couple last weekend said that they came to our pub because it looked so wonderful from the outside. Quirky and interesting - like the owners really cared about it. And they based their whole Easter Sunday around ending up with us. This is particularly important to us given how minging the place looked when we took over.

I am :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Too right you should be grinning!! Any chance of finding a second hand peeler and chipper on ebay or something?

I am busy tracking my mother's side of the family. She was Canadian and her mother and grandmother were Yanks so I am like this :wacko: in my quest to follow the paper trail around north America. My great great grandparents were French Canadian's and all their bleeding records are in French. Have we any French speakers on here that might at some future point be able to translate some records for me :unsure:

My assistant is fluent in French - bung it my way and I'll see if he can help :flowers:

ooh I meant to say that I have been waiting to hear about possible start date for new work for a few weeks, the potential clients approached me via a 3rd party but today I found out that they have been turned down for the funding so I am still without work

As I am self employed I am currently paying myself a small wage from the money made last year. I was hoping to get some work even part time during summer , however I now think thats looking highly unlikely now as the ( rail ) industry is in free fall and all the projects are being put on hold or downgraded

I have had loads of people approach me this year but none of them have the funding to commission me ( I am not cheap but even if I dropped my rates it would not help as they have feck all funding anyway )

If only I would work for free I would be sooooo busy :laugh:

I think I am going to make another start on writing my book this year instead , now do you think I can get an advance from a publishor :laugh:

Evening - had a :ohmy: moment on the way home! Heading down the A24 (fast road) I noticed that the cars ahead had slowed - the reason? A little Jack Russell running up the road!!!!! I pulled off but it had already run quite a distance so I had to drive on a bit before I could circle back. Luckily I spotted it back with it's family in a field beside the road - lucky lil beastie :huh:

:GroupHug: to those having hassles with work and insurance companies.