UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April Rmf

snow

I'm glad it's sunny today but I don't think it'll last! I should be cleaning but am sitting here with a cup of tea and some biscuits. Baby is due tomorrow but is most likely going to be late, we'll see! I do have a washing line full of baby clothes and washable nappies at the moment tho which looks cute!

Must get on and do some ironing and finish cleaning the fridge!

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad it's sunny today but I don't think it'll last! I should be cleaning but am sitting here with a cup of tea and some biscuits. Baby is due tomorrow but is most likely going to be late, we'll see! I do have a washing line full of baby clothes and washable nappies at the moment tho which looks cute!

Must get on and do some ironing and finish cleaning the fridge!

dont bother with ironing and fridge cleaning, enjoy the peace and quiet while you have it! :biggrin:

Was at the park with the usual gang this morning when we saw a notice pinned on the board by a local action group, saying that dog control orders are coming soon to Carmarthenshire, and giving an evening number to call. The control order will mean that dogs have to be on lead in all public places in Carmarthenshire with automatic fines for anyone with an offlead dog.

That's a phenomenally shortsighted attitude for a tourist area that gets as much rain as South Wales. If it seems to be going ahead, perhaps we could have a 'dog owners that won't be holidaying in Carmarthenshire now' campaign as well as whatever action is organised locally? I'll write or sign or whatever.

That's scary Barb, very glad everyone is ok :GroupHug: Have some Rescue Remedy if you have some! :flowers:

Was at the park with the usual gang this morning when we saw a notice pinned on the board by a local action group, saying that dog control orders are coming soon to Carmarthenshire, and giving an evening number to call. The control order will mean that dogs have to be on lead in all public places in Carmarthenshire with automatic fines for anyone with an offlead dog.

I don't think this is Chinese whispers, as a council officer in the park office made a comment to someone reporting a lost dog (not gone far and quickly found) that very soon no one would be able to lose a dog. I'm going to call the number this evening to get all the facts and evidence, and if this is indeed the case I will start a separate thread.

Good thing we got the number, as shortly afterwards a council officer removed the notice.

OMG seriously?! :ohmy: :mad: :( Phebe, do get in touch with the Kennel Dog scheme people if you haven't already. I know the KC doesn't have the best of reputations for many things but they do seem to be worth involving in this sort of thing. I'll look for the link in a mo if you don't have it already - though you probably do. They've been involved in lots of "dog control orders".

Phebe - KC Dog: http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/item/295/

Aargh, barb! Thank goodness your house wasn't affected, but it must have been very scary.

I don't think this is Chinese whispers, as a council officer in the park office made a comment to someone reporting a lost dog (not gone far and quickly found) that very soon no one would be able to lose a dog. I'm going to call the number this evening to get all the facts and evidence, and if this is indeed the case I will start a separate thread.

Good thing we got the number, as shortly afterwards a council officer removed the notice.

I've been supporting Ottery Dogs in Devon over the same thing. They have had an amazing campaign and caused lots of media attention. However the legal wranglings in the council are still ongoing so if anyone wants to see how this sort of campaign should be run, I recommend contacting them.

Ottery Dogs click here

They have had to call on the Data Protection Act and the Freedon of Information Act to get the whole thing dealt with fairly but even so, so far it hasn't stopped it, but the fight goes on.

dibs

I am waiting to get facts and evidence together before doing anything at all. Will see what info the chook has from Fi, and what the people who put the notice up have to say, which won't be until this eve. Will post as soon as I know what is going on.

If it is true, then action will commence, with a vast number of residents and holiday visitor up in arms. If it is not true, I will be relieved but will want to know why the notice was put up.

:ohmy: Barb - I hope that the council get it sorted quickly :GroupHug:

Phebe - I've just spoken to Fi and she's told me about this. I'll drop you a PM :err:

There was a petition in Pets at home abot this but I cannot remember the details :angry:

Morning :wavey:

Phebe - that's really worrying about the potential dog control orders. Like Cycas says, considering Wales promotes itself as a dog friendly holiday destination it is also incredibly stupid. I will support any campaign you need if it turns out to go ahead.

Had a carp night;'s sleep so am zombified which is a shame cos I'm also really busy :rolleyes:

Roll on autumn............

dont bother with ironing and fridge cleaning, enjoy the peace and quiet while you have it! :biggrin:

Couldn't have put that better myself :biggrin: Take it easy, alexis :flowers:

Will leave computer online to get your PM, chook.

Sent :flowers:

OMG seriously?! :ohmy: :mad: :( Phebe, do get in touch with the Kennel Dog scheme people if you haven't already. I know the KC doesn't have the best of reputations for many things but they do seem to be worth involving in this sort of thing. I'll look for the link in a mo if you don't have it already - though you probably do. They've been involved in lots of "dog control orders".

KC have already posted about it :err: It was all being prepared on the quiet last summer, by the looks of it :angry:

I am waiting to get facts and evidence together before doing anything at all. Will see what info the chook has from Fi, and what the people who put the notice up have to say, which won't be until this eve. Will post as soon as I know what is going on.

If it is true, then action will commence, with a vast number of residents and holiday visitor up in arms. If it is not true, I will be relieved but will want to know why the notice was put up.

Just shout when you need me :flowers:

It is gloriously sunny here - and warm! I have been sitting in the garden with fresh coffee and pains aux chocolat watching my fruitbat lab chase around with a football in his gob :wacko: :biggrin:

RMF: I will be very glad when the thread about Jeremiah the hamster is no longer showing on the front page of t'Refuge because it makes me sing Jeremiah was a Bullfrog every single time I see it :rolleyes: (I've just realised that I *always* read Rufus The Wonderdog to the tune of Champion The Wonder Horse as well :wacko: )

Edited by dirtychicken

Urgh :stun: Yesterday I felt slightly better than I had done all week. Today I've gone downhill again :rolleyes: I didn't do much yesterday but obviously my body thinks otherwise. When I came back from work last night I couldn't stop coughing or scratching my eyes. I was awake much of the night doing that too and this morning my eyes were all gooey again :sick01: I'm fed up with being ill now :sad02:

Baby is due tomorrow but is most likely going to be late, we'll see! I do have a washing line full of baby clothes and washable nappies at the moment tho which looks cute!

Oooh, I loved that stage. How exciting. :biggrin: It's so sweet to see all those little things hanging on the line. :wub:

If you're feeling energetic, a little bit of housework is good, as I'm sure you know. Nice healthy nesting sign, and your baby may decide to be prompt. :flowers:

(I managed to induce two of mine by scrubbing floors and marching up and down hills - not simultaneously. :laugh: )