UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March R M F

Wendbert

I have chucked a load of assorted veggy fings and grains into the slow cooker hoping for once the result won't taste like medieval peasant nosh. I didn't put any turnips in, which may help to keep supper out of the 14th century.

No such luck. It was doubtless very nutritious and full of vits but just tasted like stuff eaten by a slighter better class of peasant than usual. I have an ulcer on my tongue so couldn't even put curry powder in to vibe it up. In the end I sloshed some tomato ketchup into it which helped a bit. Good thing I found a bottle of Shloer fizzy white grape, which I have taken to bed with me. For a non-alco drink it's quite cheering, and has nearly taken away the taste of supper.

Mags, does your OH fancy a working holiday in Wales? :D

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fab items by the way and all listed now, I predict that Mr Green will be bidding on a few of them :ninja:

That's OK - but tell Mr HLGS that I'll sell him a box of his favourite pilchard and garlic treats any time he likes.

:laugh:

Hmmm, I'm only up coz of work :wacko:

Cheryl - if your bint of a boss can text you with a load of work for you to do over the weekend then surely there is nothing to stop you to text her when you know for sure that you won't be coming back on Monday morning? You owe her absolutely nothing, look back at your posts over the last month love, she's not done you any favours whatsoever! If you do want to tell her face to face, just remember that you're telling her you're out of there - what's she gonna do? Fire you? You're telling her you're leaving so there ain't much point! Good luck, I hope you get that job you want, you bloody well deserve it! :wink:

I'm up....

Cheryl, you dont owe her anything other than the truth :wink:

Jules, thinking of you today :GroupHug:

Bless MummyBert :laugh:

I toook the guys out last night in their Puplights and attracted a lot of attention from the footballing teenagers (after Tilli nicked the ball) cos they'd 'Neva sin dawgs in 'edlights b'for.... cool, innit?' :rolleyes:

I toook the guys out last night in their Puplights and attracted a lot of attention from the footballing teenagers (after Tilli nicked the ball) cos they'd 'Neva sin dawgs in 'edlights b'for.... cool, innit?' :rolleyes:

:laugh:

We usually get comments from people when I walk the hounds in the evening and they're wearing their lights :rolleyes:

Good luck Jules :flowers:

Morning :wavey:

I'm up, put some washing in, made OH coffee, and I'm waiting ............

I'm on holiday, OH has planned in "taking the van for a service first thing this morning" (even better, taking the car in for service first thing tomorrow morning), he's decided we should "have breakfast together this morning" - which IS great as we never work the same hours, so only ever have breakfast together when we're away normally. However, there is currently no sign of OH. And I was up too late last night .......... and I'm hungry! I also think we need to leave the house at 8 o'clock as we have to drive the other side of town ................ through the rush hour traffic.

The dogs have gone back to bed ...............

Grump.

Jules, all the very best for this afternoon. Some years ago now I found unexpectedly found myself in a really rubbish situation at work. The Union helped me tremendously, and in the end the full time rep (Amicus) had to come in. All in all, if it hadn't been for them, I would have been well and truly in the mire through no fault of mine. I'm sure you will anyway, but take good care to listen to how your Rep tells you to 'play' things - they've seen all this before - and here's hoping that justice prevails.