UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Chocolate Pudding

Wendbert

As most of you will know, I was heartbroken to lose Dolly last year, especially after having lost Poppy less than a year before. After coming to the conclusion that life just wasn't the same without a Choccie girl here in the Wendbert household, I met Katie at Lizzies Barn and fell in love with her.

Katie is mum to one big pup, Orca, but it was never a done deal that Katie would come here as she is only 20 months old and might not be happy with my life, ie me being at work etc. Also, although she was a first time mum, she wasn't from the same background as Poppy & Dolly, so might not turn out to be the mummy's girl that I missed so much.

However, weekend before last, Fi called me to tell me that she had some new Labs in at the Barn. They'd come from the same place as Katie - a choccie girl and a yellow girl, Katie's sisters and a 3.5 year old Choccie girl - Katie's mum, Pudding.

Pudding was originally from a puppy farmer and Fi described her as "a little lost soul" and said that when she first met her, she straight away thought "Pudding's a Wendy kind of dog". As I had always been keeping an open mind with regards to Katie, I had a long chat with Fi and made plans to go and visit. Due to the bad weather last week, it was agreed that I would go and visit Pudding this week, so yesterday, Wiggle and I went for a little trip across the Severn bridge to Wales.

When I first saw Pudding, I could see why Fi thought I would like her - she's shy, unsure of herself and very dinky. Pudding has never had a human of her own.

Last night, Pudding came home with Wiggle and I.

Pudding2.jpg

Pudding4.jpg

Pudding5.jpg

At the moment, Pudding is here on a foster basis. She's younger than previous dogs who've shared my home and having not lived in a house, we've no idea how she will take to this new environment. So far, she's been clean indoors and currently is fast asleep on the sofa. Last night she didn't settle well, unsure whether to follow me upstairs or stay down here with the boys.

Obviously I need to take into account Wiggle and Sir H. Wiggle has become much closer to me since we lost Dolly and Sir H hasn't really taken much notice of the new girl :rolleyes:

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic