UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February R M F

Wendbert

I oculd be guilty of watching it in a slightly pervy type style also. There are a few frenchmen who i could happily rub down at full time :laugh:

I could fit in one or two now if substitutions required before full time :D

RMF Can you watch any sports (apart from perhaps darts and bowls) in anything but a slightly pervy stylee :rolleyes:

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have watched the rugby and done my perving.I may have chortled slightly at the thought of a painted and pizzed Snow shouting at her TV cos the Welsh lost :laugh: :unsure:

They were beaten by the better team on the night.

I am going to bed - my grotty feelings over the past few days seem to be developing into a fully fledged snotty cold. Can't be arsed to eat tonight so hope a good sleep followed by a big brekkie will sort me out. NN fuggles :flowers:

Tis not self-indulgent :GroupHug: Diet is really important with skin, getting Vits C & E especially which are antioxidants, and drinking plenty of water - this can help reduce puffiness and dryness. I favour a very simple approach to skin care as I don't like putting loads of different products on my skin (well, I can't anyway - the good side to me being forced to take care of my skin is that people always think I have perfect skin - if only they knew :rolleyes: ).

A good simple moisturiser (ie not one stuffed with perfumes or fancypants technology) used everyday is a very good idea, some people say definitely get one with sunblock included if you are out alot, though I prefer to let my skin make vit D when I'm out and about. Dependent on your age (sorry, :blush02: can't remember your age bracket) you might want to get a cream with vits added specifically for putting around the eyes at night - it should help those rings.

Dunno about cleansers and toners as I've never seen the need but...and don't all be horrified...I hardly ever wash my face :unsure: Soap only ever goes near it is I am actually visibly dirty and water only when I'm careless in the shower. Water dries my skin out so I am careful about this. Every now and again when I'm at a friend's house I snaffle their cleanser and I never get any dirt off my skin. It does help, I will admit, now I live in an area with very clean air, but even when I was working in a city everyday it was only my legs that got dirty (car fumes mainly). So, be stingy with water and soap, soap is very drying - I use Dove

on my must clean areas

cos it's simple and has moisturisers in it.

This is a fairly good article which talks about the different stages of skin care throughout life though it's a bit too heavy on different products for me.

Hope that helps and you don't all think I am a minger now for not washing :laugh:

Oooh also I forgot. When you put your moisturiser on, it really does make a difference if you take a moment to massage it in. Make your strokes more upwards than down (helps plump up the skin and stop it sliding south) and make them longer and smoother. Don't just slap it on. Is a nice self-indulgent little moment as well.

Thanks Abby, I am in the 40's age bracket :( , I will give that article a read

Loobie, I was going to suggest looking at diet etc. too. If you haven't been feeling great then it's understandable your skin would suffer. Do you drink enough water? If you smoke that probably won't help but you would probably like to slap me for saying that :laugh:

thanks Ange, I do drink plenty of water, and have cut unhealthy things out of my diet but yes I do smoke :rolleyes:

Loobie, I've bought stuff from here and I've been pleased with it Solace Aromatherapy- eye

Alicia the stuff on there looks really nice, do you mind me asking what you have tried?

I am allergic to alot of creams and stuff, the only products I have found myself able to use is Clinique but I am not in a position to buy that :laugh: :laugh: everything else I have tried in the past have made my eyes bright red and v v puffy. I also wear contact lenses but dont think that makes any difference :laugh:

Hope Lewis gets the flat sorted

Good luck to Nick and Vicky in their first home

Not even going to mention the game this evening :mecry:

Alicia the stuff on there looks really nice, do you mind me asking what you have tried?

I've had an oil preparation as I have very dry sensitive skin (can't use anything with lanolin in + other things) also had some Immortelle eye stuff (haven't been very good at using it though), although I have black rims to my eyes my main problem is how deep set they are :unsure:

I have watched the rugby and done my perving.I may have chortled slightly at the thought of a painted and pizzed Snow shouting at her TV cos the Welsh lost :laugh: :unsure:

Nope no shouting - just utter stoney silence.

The swearing began when Austin Healy started his crap about England tho lol I think about 50% of Welsh viewers complained the week before last about the biased pundits and coverage, after tonight methinks there will be even more complaints - yes we lost, it happens, France played better than us tonight, but for the pundits to suddenly decide that we are now out of the competition and the only possible winners now are England completely overlooking the little fact that at the moment Ireland are unbeaten and now the only ones capable of the Grand Slam is just disgraceful - it's not The English Broadcasting Corporation it's the BRITISH broadcasting corporation and the last I heard was that Britain just so happens to be made up of 3 other nations as well as England.

Morning.

Fee - healing thoughts for your mum :GroupHug:

I have slid down into the pit of depression again and it's as bad as it ever was. I'm not sure I have the energy to try and climb out of it or even if I can be bothered to try this time :(

Healing thoughts for your mum from me as well, Fee :flowers:

Alex :GroupHug: - been there, done that and I know how rotten it feels. You WILL get out of it mate, honestly.

I know if I try too hard it only makes it worse, but if I let myself be 'woes is me' for however long it takes and do the minimum that is needed to keep my guys happy and me in a job, then after a while I get fed up with myself and I know it's time to climb back out again. If you ever want to rant or just chat just PM me okay?

RMF: I've not been able to sleep properly last night, as my neighbour from across the road, who is a carpenter, has said that he can put a false floor in me van and (how sad is this!) I've created a design for a false boot in it!! It looks good on paper, but how it will work out in practice is anyone's guess - I ain't no techie :unsure:

And last night I ran into another woman who walks her dogs in the park, and she gave me some beautiful tips on how to insulate the van (tried and tested in her to-die-for jeep!), which don't involve ply lining, just materials from B&Q. That means I can do it myself, for about a third of the cost, with the insulation also being a fraction of the weight which will then save me fuel - how good is that!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: B&Q here I come!!!

Oh, and me lurgy has all but gone - to anyone suffering from it: it took me about 5 days to get rid of it, and I promise I've not posted it to any of yu lovverly Fugee peeps! :flowers: :wink:

I have slid down into the pit of depression again and it's as bad as it ever was. I'm not sure I have the energy to try and climb out of it or even if I can be bothered to try this time :(

I can remember a couple of years ago now that I used to come on the Refuge and look for your posts on RMF in particular because the way you just seemed to 'face life' and get through with amazing energy was so inspiring to me when I'd lost motivation. I hope you'll soon be feeling better Alex :GroupHug:

lewis is sitting in the firms office wanting to be moved (I dont know where he gets it from :rolleyes: )

They have suddenly found someone who wants a roommate, and some flats down the road.

he doesnt start working there till monday, I bet they wonder who they have taken on pmsl

Hope Lewis gets himself into somewhere habitable asap - nice that his workmates are helpful.

Alex, my thoughts are with you. It's horrible feeling like that. Is it the work thing which has brought it back? One does climb out of the pit. I thinks it's the fear of being depressed again which makes it even worse.

Have you tried EMF (Emotional Freedom Technique)? It has had useful results with many people. I've found it helpful for something slightly different, but it's good for depression.