UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February R M F

Wendbert

I am all :mecry: :biggrin: :mecry: :biggrin:

One of our newer regulars has just said the people he brought to eat here last weekend were 'blown away' by the place and the food. And he said we should be really proud of what we've done here and they felt privileged to have us down the road.

:pinkie:

In my mind we are still a crumbly pub, but that's made me smile a lot

Aww thatd fab

Can we come and visit? :biggrin:

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michele good luck with the job.Abby that's a ondeful recommendation,well done.Took the Ds out at 9.00,it's horrid out - sleet with quite a lot of snow.If we don't go to the park we walk round quite a large block,there's a little alleyway which cuts this walk almost in half - both of them turned down the alleyway to come back home :laugh:

Was lovely to speak to you too Mindy. Though not so nice for me to hear Neo as he was next to me barking his head off at the door! :rolleyes: :laugh:

I am looking forward to the heavy snow that has been predicted. :elefant:

I met up with Nathalie and Purdie earlier for a walk and we had the whole of her local park to ourselves so stayed there rather than going for usual walk. Neo and Purdie had a brilliant run around together and spent the whole time off lead playing chase and scooping up snow in their muzzles! :laugh: :rolleyes:

I so love to watch my boy play with Purdie as he doesnt do 'playing with dogs' except at home with Saffy. :wub:

:laugh: @ the D's!

Abby that's wonderful - well done :biggrin: :flowers: I hope that makes all your hard work worthwhile :) I wish you were down the road from here. Or we were down the road from you :laugh:

But....but...you can be :unsure: your outhouse awaits you :wub:

Can we have pics of your crumbly

wonderful

pub Abby. :biggrin:

I have to take some new ones so, maybe, though it still looks crumbly really :rolleyes:

Aww thatd fab

Can we come and visit? :biggrin:

Yes please yes please yes please :pinkie:

We have just opened a bottle of 'Merlyn' which is a Welsh cream liquer. For a customer I hasten to add :wink: Tis gorgeous and to my mind has a little more kick to it than Baileys. Yum.

Do you serve cowl Abby? Not sure if that's how you spell it. Very well done that you're getting such good praise but boy have you earned it. :flowers: Not sure how far you are from me.

Bracken is staring intently at my mug. I think he could be wondering why a dog is wearing glasses. :laugh: Thanks for the good lucks.

I don't know what to believe one guy said the wood is knackered and the whole thing needs replacing another said the wood is fine some idiot just put it up with nails and quoted £120 another guy said the wood is fine but wants £250 to replacing the guttering :wacko:

If the wood IS knackered then the new guttering will have to come down eventually to replace it. As the guttering fell off it may well be the wood that is knackered.

You can get council grants to do it but most guttering companies view grants like a crucafix to a vampire cos there is no profit in it.

You are best off with an old git up a ladder to supplement his pension. But do get refs from people who have had work done.

I would lend you usefull Pete but he is chopping logs to keep us warm.

Do you serve cowl Abby? Not sure if that's how you spell it. Very well done that you're getting such good praise but boy have you earned it. :flowers: Not sure how far you are from me.

Bracken is staring intently at my mug. I think he could be wondering why a dog is wearing glasses. :laugh: Thanks for the good lucks.

Funnily enough, cowl is on my list of dishes for spring, when the lamb is good again.

Can I add my good luck for your job, I forgot earlier in my excitement :rolleyes: :flowers:

Michelle Good luck with the job :)

Abby Well done, you deserve that success, you have worked so hard :flowers:

Wendy Sleep well. Hope Sir H has forgiven you in the morning :rolleyes:

Kazz Sorry to hear that Tia is still poorly :( :GroupHug: for you all

Sure I've forgotten lots of other news that's been posted so please excuse me if I've missed you out and have a :flowers: :( :) :laugh: :GroupHug: as appropriate.

Well I'm waiting for all this snow they keep promising for our area. I like the snow :jumpy:

With all the cold weather I've been putting out extra bird feed and I've loved watching the variety of birds coming into the garden - must be getting sad in my old age :rolleyes:

At least the birdwatching is something I can still do :(

Take care everyone.

Night :wavey:

:flowers: good luck with the job Michelle.

Abby,thats a really nice compliment,you are obniously doing a good job.

I love watching the birds too Val but most of mine disappeared towards the end of summer and I ended up with blackbirds,pigeons and magpies. No little ones at all,even my robin vanished. :mecry:

I am gradually getting swollen glands,it feels as tho i have swallowed two golf balls. I will probably look like a hamster tomorrow. :laugh:

I am off to bed. Sleep well everyone x

Henry hates me :rolleyes: For the last two weeks I have been putting ear drops in and he hates his ears being touched. So he loves Adam, but hates me. He is sulking in bed cos I have just cornered him in the kitchen to clean loads of dry, smelly wax out. Looks like he wll be getting his ears drained soon :rolleyes:

Cheryl have you tried using Thornit powder instead? Melf recommended it to me when Nog had his bad ear infections, he had them deep cleaned but it kept coming back and he got really really upset with me trying to clean them, I switched to the Thornit and now all I have to do is pick up the little tub and he dives over to sit in front of me and groans with pleasure when I massage it all in, he'd sit there all day and let me do it :rolleyes: :laugh: it cleared his ears up lovely and keeps them all clear too. I get mine off ebay, very fast delivery and very economical a little tub goes a long long way.

Well I'm waiting for all this snow they keep promising for our area. I like the snow :jumpy:

Your wish may well be granted - it's snowing heavily here at the moment with absolutely no sign of it stopping, and we aren't that far from you.

Cheryl have you tried using Thornit powder instead? Melf recommended it to me when Nog had his bad ear infections, he had them deep cleaned but it kept coming back and he got really really upset with me trying to clean them, I switched to the Thornit and now all I have to do is pick up the little tub and he dives over to sit in front of me and groans with pleasure when I massage it all in, he'd sit there all day and let me do it :rolleyes: :laugh: it cleared his ears up lovely and keeps them all clear too. I get mine off ebay, very fast delivery and very economical a little tub goes a long long way.

I've been using Thornit for years and I think it's great. Like Tracy said, I find the dogs are fine about it - Max knows he will get a treat afterwards and I swear he sits by the cupboard asking me to do it sometimes (the treats are in the fridge but he sits by the cupboard).

I have heard some Thornit products aren't genuine, not sure if that's true or not, I've bought mine from pet product sort of companies and it really does last for ages and is very cheap. Strangely the vets don't seem to like it :wink:

Ooooo have to make sure we don't let Weeze see that :laugh: :laugh: I was thinking of starting my letter, Dear Robbie, now that we are close neighbours I thought you might like to pop over for a cup of tea and a chat, I can introduce you to all the right people and tell you the best places to do your shopping etc. oh and btw we're having an auction on this forum I belong to so if you could bring a signed photo or 2 with you to donate that would be fab, lots of love ... me :biggrin:

i was gonna write dear robbie fancy a s**g or do you think thatd scare him :laugh: