UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Camping Weekend?

ranirottie

I'm coming on my own though... Can anyone book an extra pitch with their booking for me if they don't need three themselves. thank you. How big do they class a pitch? Not bought tent yet but been looking a 3-4 person tents so there is plenty of room for me and all the dogs as don't like feeling claustrophobic. Would that still be one pitch or would I need to look at a smaller tent?

We took our 6 berth tent last year and there was plenty of room so you should be fine on one pitch

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm coming on my own though... Can anyone book an extra pitch with their booking for me if they don't need three themselves. thank you. How big do they class a pitch? Not bought tent yet but been looking a 3-4 person tents so there is plenty of room for me and all the dogs as don't like feeling claustrophobic. Would that still be one pitch or would I need to look at a smaller tent?

You'd just need the one pitch - they're big.

The booking in threes is just so that we can at least have groups of us together - we're teaming up in threes, that's all - was gonna say pairing up but that would be wrong :rolleyes:

Hi All,

Especially Claire,

We would like to come and don't know anyone so if we pair with Claire for the booking then we just need someone else to be our threesome lol!

We have a Caravan, 2 kids & our own dog but might have a foster as well by then!

Claire P Posted Today, 05:39 PM

Claire, I went on my own last year and had a 3 person tent:

camp1.jpg

There was plenty of room for me and 3 Labrador's :wink: I'm intending on getting a bigger tent though as I'd like to be able to stand up :laugh:

Hi All,

Especially Claire,

We would like to come and don't know anyone so if we pair with Claire for the booking then we just need someone else to be our threesome lol!

We have a Caravan, 2 kids & our own dog but might have a foster as well by then!

Thanks Caroline. The kids can help keep Cooper amused then too. He loves kids and will play ball ALL day. This will be my first camping trip ever - can you tell!?! Getting very excited about meeting everyone at last now too. I've inked the date in my diary now so it's a def from us. Don't know how many dogs I will have then myself it all depends on how many fee lets me have tee hee :laugh: :wacko: :D

What's the need to stand up when you can drink as much as we did? :unsure: :laughingsmiley:

Erm.... you are giving the new laydees the impression that Wendy (we are not included you understand) is a drunkard! :D

I think i may splash out this year and get an airbed. Sleeping on the ground last year was an experience :laugh:

Well, I would hope that you make Louie' bed as comfortable as possible. :laugh: Make sure you get either an electric pump (about £12) that uses your cigarette lighter or a self-inflating bed. :wink: Though if you are near us again you can borrow our pump.

If I don't have to pay upfront I'll book a B & B room tomorrow. I haven't discussed it with Martyn yet but I'm sure it will be ok.

It would be lovely to meet you at last. :biggrin:

I am quite excited now! :)

Should we post this on Refuge forum too for those that done visit Oldies very often?