UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The 2009 Diet Thread

Wendbert

I was wondering Sam.

Do they suggest/allow/recommend you to eat other foods as well?

Just thinking fruit and veggies mainly (think I am a fruit, salad and vegaholic to be honest!)

And a drop of milk for my afternoon tea?

Can't see anything on their website, and suspect it is hidden into the instructions they send out with your food!

yes you can have milk and add veggies and salad , the little booklet is fairly flexable and covers having days off etc so its not a rigrid system but I think the closer you stick to it the better the results . I think you could easily have your 5 a day in the limits they set ( I have )

in short its limited calories ( about 1200 daily ) and low GI so you don't feel hungry

the big find for me has been the Granola breakie cereal and I am going to buy some in waitrose for next week ( am going to try and do my own version of Diet chef for a week ) I have had 40g each morning , some plain yogurt and fruit and it has filled me up

the lunchtime soups are fantastic and taste homemade, I am rather good at soups so I am going to make my own next week along the same lines but if I am working away from home I would buy some and take with me

I am going to buy some of the Nairn oat biscuits as a my treats and then all thats left for me to do is a low cal low GI dinner which I am sure I can do

This week has really got me eating well and thinking about portion control , I would have put at least twice as much cereal in my bowl if it had not been pre measured but I have found I am full on a lot less than I thought

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They also do a vegetable curry and a chickpea tagine in the veggie options. you need to go to the select a hamper and then select meals options to see the full list. The veg curry is lovely but the chickpea tagine is new so I havent tried it yet (have two in my new hamper to come this week though)

They recommend 2 portions of fruit and one of vegetables per day plus 120ml semi skimmed milk as a daily add on to come under the 1200 calories a day but I am sure that adding extra fruit/veg in moderation is going to be OK. All the meals have a good amount of veg in anyway so that would help with the 5 a day.

At this mornings weigh in I had lost 2.5 lbs, my daughter (within 3 lbs of goal) put on 1 lb

and my OH (at goal) sts.

We have now lost 54, 36 & 37 lbs respectively, a total loss since 10th January of 127lbs, I am really proud of my family who really only joined to keep me company.

I have another 30lbs to go to goal.

Somehow it all seems do able now

Thank you all for all your inspirational posts.

PS

Our leader asked if we'd be willing to do some PR for WW this morning - Imagine!

Unbelieveable times :)

Aly

At this mornings weigh in I had lost 2.5 lbs, my daughter (within 3 lbs of goal) put on 1 lb

and my OH (at goal) sts.

We have now lost 54, 36 & 37 lbs respectively, a total loss since 10th January of 127lbs, I am really proud of my family who really only joined to keep me company.

I have another 30lbs to go to goal.

Somehow it all seems do able now

Thank you all for all your inspirational posts.

PS

Our leader asked if we'd be willing to do some PR for WW this morning - Imagine!

Unbelieveable times :)

Aly

Well I'm sure tjhat she recognises the wonderful commitment and achievment made by you and you family. You deserve the recognitin. :flowers:

I am not doing very well at the moment :rolleyes: Heads not in the right place.

Its too near the wine and the cakes at the moment!

:laugh:

I am hoping that the two walks tomorrow (one being the Waseley fugee walk) and then walking the other one of my two, then the trial of a keep fit class later will work off a pound or two before weigh in on Monday.

That's extremely concientious of you, I've only just started exercising as i wanted to know how much I could lose through food alone and last week was the first week I had sts so I obviously need something else now.

Exercise can help you tone too and makes you feel better too. :biggrin: I just had to find a class that I can do that I enjoy. Had to give up step aerobics (which I loved) because it was agony on my ankles. I am going to a Shake and Wobble class :laugh:

Exercise can help you tone too and makes you feel better too. :biggrin: I just had to find a class that I can do that I enjoy. Had to give up step aerobics (which I loved) because it was agony on my ankles. I am going to a Shake and Wobble class :laugh:

whats a shake and wobble class ? I can shake and my bits wobble so I would fit right in

my back and now chest/breast muscle problem is making exercise rather bloody hard actually and I have been in consist pain for around 3 weeks now , I am doing light yoga but I can't swim at all or box on the wii fit which were my 2 fav things

Well done Sam. And Aramanth - you continue to amaze me with all the hard work you have put in - and what a result.

For various reasons to do with my “head†I am more than sure that my weigh in tomorrow is unlikely to show a loss. I have been chatting to my head on and off all week, but it is having the sort of wibbly times that it hasn’t had for the last six months, and is definitely slightly fragile at the moment, so I’m having to take things as they come, and quietly try to deal with a few issues. I promise to be honest about where I am.

Apart from that though ………. I am having serious clothes issues! I bought myself some work clothes a couple of months ago (unusual occurrence at the best of times), which have now emerged from the cupboard as they are “summer clothesâ€. Unfortunately, these hardly fit me, being baggy and loose and generally annoying me greatly, as I am not tall enough, and am definitely too well endowed, to do baggy at the best of times.. :ohmy: As I still reckon I have at least a stone to lose, I don’t think I dare buy anything else for now. Meanwhile, my attempt to buy new dog walking jeans yesterday, ended up with me buying two sizes smaller than normal – which is very encouraging, but means that I am absolutely certain that shop sizes are a load of twaddle, as there’s no way I’m the size my jeans say I am – especially when compared to what the tape measure says!

please do :jumpy:

it sounds mad in a fun type of way

It is pretty much step aerobics BUT the step is a square pad about 10 inches deep that vibrates. When you stand on it, it vibrates everthing......... and I mean everytihing! :laugh: I has controls on much like a running machine so you can turn it up to a higher setting. I think you can buy them from various places. Called Wobble boards I think? Anyway, 20 minutes exercise using it is supposed to be equal to hour and half class. Suffice it to say two days later I couldnt walk and was in agony! :laugh: But glutton for punishment I am going again after work tonight. :biggrin:

Well done Sam. And Aramanth - you continue to amaze me with all the hard work you have put in - and what a result.

For various reasons to do with my “head†I am more than sure that my weigh in tomorrow is unlikely to show a loss. I have been chatting to my head on and off all week, but it is having the sort of wibbly times that it hasn’t had for the last six months, and is definitely slightly fragile at the moment, so I’m having to take things as they come, and quietly try to deal with a few issues. I promise to be honest about where I am.

Apart from that though ………. I am having serious clothes issues! I bought myself some work clothes a couple of months ago (unusual occurrence at the best of times), which have now emerged from the cupboard as they are “summer clothesâ€. Unfortunately, these hardly fit me, being baggy and loose and generally annoying me greatly, as I am not tall enough, and am definitely too well endowed, to do baggy at the best of times.. :ohmy: As I still reckon I have at least a stone to lose, I don’t think I dare buy anything else for now. Meanwhile, my attempt to buy new dog walking jeans yesterday, ended up with me buying two sizes smaller than normal – which is very encouraging, but means that I am absolutely certain that shop sizes are a load of twaddle, as there’s no way I’m the size my jeans say I am – especially when compared to what the tape measure says!

Wow, two sizes smaller! That must have been a boost for you. :flowers: :biggrin:

And Sam, brilliant well done! 3lbs! What have you been doing to get that much off? Is it just the diet chef?