UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The 2009 Diet Thread

Wendbert

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can i join this thread please? I lost nearly 2 stone last year for RDR and have put it all and more back on so i'm starting again today with a vengeance.

Weighed in this morning at 17st 2lb - my target is to lose at least 3 stone but hopefully more.

Needs loads of encouragement.

Dawnie, you have come to the right place for encouragment :flowers:

Aly, those after pics are amazing! You cant have much to go surely. There will be nothing left of you :laugh: Wow! :flowers: :biggrin:

I have fallen off the wagon over the last few weeks. Really havent got my head in the right place. (its in the fridge and next to a wine glass most of the time!) :laugh:

I really need to get my @rse in gear and make an effort! How hard can it be to eat sensibly and say no! :rolleyes:

You're very welcome here Dawnie. Looking forward to hearing all about how your'e getting on - the only 'rule' is that I have to confess my ups and failings, as well as my successes.

Starting is always the hardest I think.

Safneo ....... you know you'd like the end result. :)

Can i join this thread please? I lost nearly 2 stone last year for RDR and have put it all and more back on so i'm starting again today with a vengeance.

Weighed in this morning at 17st 2lb - my target is to lose at least 3 stone but hopefully more.

Needs loads of encouragement.

I weighed 16 stone 5 lbs when I started WW on January 10th, it's taken me 29 Weeks to lose 68.5 lbs and I currently weigh 11 stones 7.5 lbs, my target is 10 stones 6 lbs.

I have not significantly increased my exercise yet and I have have not used any pills, potions or gimmicks just done WW.

I am no saint - I have not reduced my Alcohol intake particularly but I do only drink Gin and diet mixers now, I have chip shop Fish and chips on Saturday (every Saturday)and I'm not strong willed enough to give up Smoking.

I have discovered a few life saving snacks.

I love Pink and Whites (1/2 point each), Kallo Milk Chocolate Chip Rice cakes (1 point) and WW toffee bars (1.5). I buy big flat Mushrooms and spray a couple filled with very low fat cheese and chives(1/3rd tub) with oil and roast them in the oven for 10 minutes (2points for 2).

I Make huge stir frys for tiny amounts of points with chicken and Home made sauces, I roast baking trays of Squash/Red Onions/Peppers/Mushrooms to accompany main meals for everyone.

I haven't eaten a non WW Chocolate Bar, I don't have any sort of dairy type spread on sandwiches (just the filling) and I could count the number of Potatoes I've eaten on the fingers of one hand.

Mostly though - I don't actually feel that I've missed out or been deprived of anything and now I really believe that I'm going to do it and it feels rather wonderful!

It cannot be done without online and real support though - thanks to all :)

Aly

Ah Aly that's fab. I looked at joining WW but to be honest i'm struggling to find enough money to feed me let alone give it to a WW meeting. Last year i followed the Slimming World plan - slimming world chips are a god send.

I never ever have bread in my house - i just don't eat it, i don't drink alcohol or smoke so my biggest sin is chocolate. Last year i bought a bag of treat size Mars Bars and allowed myself one per day if i was really flagging. I found myself having mostly green days as i don't eat a lot of meat. Its the first couple of weeks that's the hardest i think. I have 3 dogs and have been really out of breath walking them recently (just moved and there's a massive field with a steep incline) so as i'm asthmatic i need to get my fitness sorted out too.

Ok, here's me sneaking back in again, having put on 1/2 stone :blush:

On the positive I am still 1 stone lighter than 6 months ago, I have joined the gym and feel stronger and fitter and am going to be rejoining the diet wagon when I go back to work for the new term.

I'm also 15.5 stone lighter from useless man-fat, and thats making me biggrin.gif

I want to lose another 2 stone really, but anything is good.

weeeefit tells me I lost another 3lbs in Sri Lanka so thats good and fab and funky and means I did not put the weight I lost with diet chef straight back on

everyone seems to be doing so well here , I will make an effort to join in and try and be a loser as well :laugh:

Ah Aly that's fab. I looked at joining WW but to be honest i'm struggling to find enough money to feed me let alone give it to a WW meeting. Last year i followed the Slimming World plan - slimming world chips are a god send.

I never ever have bread in my house - i just don't eat it, i don't drink alcohol or smoke so my biggest sin is chocolate. Last year i bought a bag of treat size Mars Bars and allowed myself one per day if i was really flagging. I found myself having mostly green days as i don't eat a lot of meat. Its the first couple of weeks that's the hardest i think. I have 3 dogs and have been really out of breath walking them recently (just moved and there's a massive field with a steep incline) so as i'm asthmatic i need to get my fitness sorted out too.

Dawnie I have some WW stuff here that someone gave me that you are very welcome to have if you PM me your address,

Go to your GP - they can give you vouchers so you can do WW for free until you get to a healthy BMI.

Ah thanks i'm due to go next week anyway so will talk to them as according to docs my BMI says i'm obese!!

weeeefit tells me I lost another 3lbs in Sri Lanka so thats good and fab and funky and means I did not put the weight I lost with diet chef straight back on

everyone seems to be doing so well here , I will make an effort to join in and try and be a loser as well :laugh:

Dawnie I have some WW stuff here that someone gave me that you are very welcome to have if you PM me your address,

Thank you have pm'd ya

I am still trying to resist weighing myself too often - I know I lost loads of water over the weekend at the triathlon, but since I was drinking like a fish and eating lots to recover I don't want to know! This week is a light training week so trying to eat a bit less, and will weigh myself after hols. My weight seems to bounce around by up to 4lbs at a time which just seems wrong??

Hoping that a combination of taking swimsuit and running shoes, plus planning some long walks on holiday, and no longer eating most of the junk food I used to indulge in should make for a slimming holiday :rolleyes:

I am still trying to resist weighing myself too often - I know I lost loads of water over the weekend at the triathlon, but since I was drinking like a fish and eating lots to recover I don't want to know! This week is a light training week so trying to eat a bit less, and will weigh myself after hols. My weight seems to bounce around by up to 4lbs at a time which just seems wrong??

Hoping that a combination of taking swimsuit and running shoes, plus planning some long walks on holiday, and no longer eating most of the junk food I used to indulge in should make for a slimming holiday :rolleyes:

Mog, have you tried measuring yourself - as in with a tape measure. Now the amount of exercise you are doing has increased so dramatically, perhaps you are slimming away with out realising it.

If you haven't, try taking the usual bust, waist hips, plus top of arms, wrists, thighs and calves - and for all those take left and right measurements, as they will almost certainly be different. :)

Meanwhile, I am not telling anyone here how I am or am not doing. :)

For those of you who have seen this -

Rowing for Wiccaweys and Dogstar

you will know that I am keen not to give anyone any information which will lead to them having an unfair advantage when it comes to guessing the time.

I will be reporting back for duties on 25th September though.