UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The 2009 Diet Thread

Wendbert

I'm convinced you're right about getting used to eating larger portions v easily. I've done it over the recent past.

I've spent the last few days working on improving what I'm eating - no more weetabix for lunch and more salad (green salad especially) and greater variety of veg and trying to remember to drink more water.

I've also been watching Paul McKenna and thinking about following what he suggests.

And using smaller plates helps too. Its physcological. Seeing your usual plate only half full makes you feel like you are eating less, using a slightly smaller plate that is full helps this. :wink:

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear, we've sunk to page 3 - I was beginning to think the thread had vanished. :biggrin:

Well, just getting around to reporting that last week I gained nothing but lost nothing - but I have been pandering to my stinky cold, which after just over two weeks has now GONE.

So onwards and downwards (I hope).

Although I have just realised that I have a business lunch the day before weigh-in day this week. :rolleyes:

Ooops, I haven't posted either.

I lost 2.5lbs this week Total 51.5lbs, that's 3 Stones 91/2lbs so another 4 1/2 lbs and I'll be 2/3rds of the way to my 6 Stone target loss - I am really pleased.

I'm now a comfy size 14 from my Christmas size 20 which is great, the downside is my cleavage is no more :(

I am going to have to save up for a new pair I think. :biggrin:

I lost 2.5lbs this week Total 51.5lbs, that's 3 Stones 91/2lbs so another 4 1/2 lbs and I'll be 2/3rds of the way to my 6 Stone target loss - I am really pleased.

I'm now a comfy size 14 from my Christmas size 20 which is great, the downside is my cleavage is no more :(

That's impressive and in such a short time! :elefant: :elefant:

There is always a down side! :laugh: Mine has gone too. :rolleyes: Well done on your loss so far. You are doing brilliantly!

I lost a pound last week very surprisingly as it was my birthday week and I ate out three times. I found it again this week! :laugh:

Very impressive - although if you're down to size 14 already will there be anything left of you if you lose another 2 and a bit stones? :worried_anim:

I have to say that I have the "reverse" problem of you and Safneo. :biggrin: I have not lost very much cleavage at all, but proportionally much more around the waist and hips (I'm definitely not the English pear, absolutely the reverse). So the result is that tops are kind of hanging off the top part, and bagging hideously around the waist.

So that's none of us satisfied then. :biggrin:

And very well done to you too Sandra.

Meanwhile, I've found a website which I've enjoyed playing around with today.

www.fitday.com

It's basically a site where you can record weight loss, keep records of meals and stuff - as I'm dieting without a club or anything, I found it quite good to put in all my weigh in records and create a nice motivating graph of my downward trend. :) And, as one of the things I am trying hard to work on is creating a healthy eating habit overall, I can play at putting meals and things in to get an idea of whether I'm balancing them as well as I think. The downside is that it is American, so ingredients are slightly different - but you do have the option of creating your own food records.

Anyway, just in case anyone's interested - you just have to create a user name and password, and then you have your own area - which no-one else sees.

Edited by Mrs B

Very impressive - although if you're down to size 14 already will there be anything left of you if you lose another 2 and a bit stones? :worried_anim:

I have to say that I have the "reverse" problem of you and Safneo. :biggrin: I have not lost very much cleavage at all, but proportionally much more around the waist and hips (I'm definitely not the English pear, absolutely the reverse). So the result is that tops are kind of hanging off the top part, and bagging hideously around the waist.

So that's none of us satisfied then. :biggrin:

And very well done to you too Sandra.

Meanwhile, I've found a website which I've enjoyed playing around with today.

www.fitday.com

It's basically a site where you can record weight loss, keep records of meals and stuff - as I'm dieting without a club or anything, I found it quite good to put in all my weigh in records and create a nice motivating graph of my downward trend. :) And, as one of the things I am trying hard to work on is creating a healthy eating habit overall, I can play at putting meals and things in to get an idea of whether I'm balancing them as well as I think. The downside is that it is American, so ingredients are slightly different - but you do have the option of creating your own food records.

Anyway, just in case anyone's interested - you just have to create a user name and password, and then you have your own area - which no-one else sees.

That looks interesting - thank you :)

You should buy lots of those wide belts that are so fashionable just now - they'd show off your new proportions!

There is always a down side! :laugh: Mine has gone too. :rolleyes: Well done on your loss so far. You are doing brilliantly!

I lost a pound last week very surprisingly as it was my birthday week and I ate out three times. I found it again this week! :laugh:

Happy Belated Birthday :) Well done on your loss so far :flowers:

I am down a pound :biggrin: which is good , I reckon thats a result of squirrel flu but hey a pounds a pound

I have been faffing around and not eating right for the last few months , I have not been exercising ( mainly because of my back/neck problem ) but I have allowed that to be an excuse for not doing other stuff that I could have done ( gentle yoga )

its meant I have been gaining and losing the same 4 pounds for months and making myself miserable

if I look for excuses I will always find them and I to want to do this and put in the hard yard rather than sit on the side watching everyone else get skinny

sooooo..........

I have done 25 mins of yoga today

I am seeing the Osteopath in the morning ( my back and neck is fecked again ) and will work with him to plan what I can do and accept what I can't

I have a 3 body wrap things that I got last year ( vouchers ) so I am going to book the buggers ( for a boost rather than weightloss )

I have ordered a weeks worth of Diet Chef meals to see if they are edible , if they are I am going to do them for the next month before I go back to Sri Lanka

so thats me fat squiggs signing up again :wavey:

I have ordered a weeks worth of Diet Chef meals to see if they are edible , if they are I am going to do them for the next month before I go back to Sri Lanka

They are yummy Sam. 3 weeks into it and lost 9 pounds so far. The soups are gorgeous. Everything really does taste home made and from "real" ingredients. Nothing remotely fake or chemical and all just a few minutes in the microwave. Am actually eating a very tasty vegetable curry whilst typing :)

They are yummy Sam. 3 weeks into it and lost 9 pounds so far. The soups are gorgeous. Everything really does taste home made and from "real" ingredients. Nothing remotely fake or chemical and all just a few minutes in the microwave. Am actually eating a very tasty vegetable curry whilst typing :)

fantastic, all the reviews on the internet say the same :jumpy:

I need to eat real food but right now I need to have some portion control and this seems a great option

You should buy lots of those wide belts that are so fashionable just now - they'd show off your new proportions!

I know I am going to sound negative again ...................... but there's not enough "room" between my top half and my bottom half to fit a big belt in - I just look kind of trussed up.

Now narrower belts are definitely assisting - today it's a blouse with a ribbon belt. :biggrin:

Hello Squirrel-Sam. I'd never heard of "Diet Chef" - so I've been for a look-see now. So it's all your fault that I'm now drooling (especially as I'm waiting for a visitor so I can go get lunch, and he's been taken off to look at very large engines, which appear to be more interesting than my hot dinner, cause he's not come back yet!)

And Rachel - think I've missed seeing you somehow. :flowers:

Looks like there's a few more folks battling on with me again. :biggrin:

Another weigh in day for me tomorrow. :closedeyes: