UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The 2009 Diet Thread

Wendbert

Excellent, well done :flowers:

I've managed to work out what I am supposed to be eating on SW - thanks for summing it up succinctly for me Safneo :flowers:

I 'feel' fat though as I feel like I'm eating loads :rolleyes:

Eating loads is good as long as its the right food. :wink: Thats why SW is good. You dont have to feel hungry. :biggrin:

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to hear you are all still doing well :flowers:

I have now hit my goal weight and have lost 5 stone 3lbs in total :ohmy:

Wow Annie! Fantastic achievement. Do we get before and after pics?

well done both of you :biggrin: :biggrin:

And how did your 'weigh in' go this week Mrs S?

*sigh* I am eating well, exercising lots regularly and not binging and have been doing all of the above for about 6 weeks. I may have lost about 2-3lb in total, some of which is bodyfat. I am very unimpressed by the scales :angry:

I know I am losing weight because I can see my body shape starting to change (though my main goal is fitness), trousers that were tight previously now fit comfortably and as of this morning I need to buy a new sports bra coz there's too much movement. So why no weight loss??? Its not like I'm putting on that much muscle either.

oh well, shall continue as I am for a bit longer and then re-evaluate.

But huge :partytime: for everyone who is doing so well! :fugeerock:

And how did your 'weigh in' go this week Mrs S?

Saturday is weigh in day. I won't be here, so will have to do it on Monday, or possibly Friday .Probably Friday, I am impatient! :rolleyes:

*sigh* I am eating well, exercising lots regularly and not binging and have been doing all of the above for about 6 weeks. I may have lost about 2-3lb in total, some of which is bodyfat. I am very unimpressed by the scales :angry:

I know I am losing weight because I can see my body shape starting to change (though my main goal is fitness), trousers that were tight previously now fit comfortably and as of this morning I need to buy a new sports bra coz there's too much movement. So why no weight loss??? Its not like I'm putting on that much muscle either.

oh well, shall continue as I am for a bit longer and then re-evaluate.

It can be very disheartening, but you ar going in the right direction. :flowers:

it can be very disheartening, but you ar going in the right direction. :flowers:

hmmmm just put in today's food and exercise into fitnesspal and I'm still averaging between a 100 and 300 calorie deficit on most days, which is about right so I have the energy to keep training, hmmmmmm

• 2 weeks later...

Today was my 26th weigh in since starting WW on 10th January and I'd lost 4.5lbs (having had a few weeks of one on one off etc.) I've now lost 65 lbs, that's 4 stones 8 pounds and I am soooooooooo thrilled!!

I now have 19lbs to go to goal

Thanks to everyone for all your inspiration and support - you've been fantastic.

Aly

Today was my 26th weigh in since starting WW on 10th January and I'd lost 4.5lbs (having had a few weeks of one on one off etc.) I've now lost 65 lbs, that's 4 stones 8 pounds and I am soooooooooo thrilled!!

I now have 19lbs to go to goal

Thanks to everyone for all your inspiration and support - you've been fantastic.

Aly

Fabulous! Puts me to shame really as you started around the same time as me and I have only lost just over a stone! :laugh:

Well done!

Annie - major congratulations on reaching your goal weight. Before and after photos would definitely be good.

Aramanth - well done on another loss - and I feel really guilty 'cause I went away just as you wrote your long piece on your story so far, so I haven't commented - and I was the one saying you should do it - and it's a fantastic piece. Whenever I write anything like that it takes me ages to get the wording just so I am happy with it, so either you have a great gift of writing, or you spent a long time getting it just right. Do let us know if it is published one day ............. oh, and I don't think you should take anything out - what you think is unimportant, could be just the inspiration someone else needs.

Think I have missed some more major achievements while I have been away - so sorry if I haven't congratulated you - but "well done" all round.

And Godin, those photos - wow, you have achieved so much. Absolutely fabulous, and keep us updated as you carry on.

Well, for me a holiday has not been the best dieting friend. Lots of excuses, but nothing very reasonable!

Have decided that on Friday I will "declare" where I am, but am still intending to carry on trying. Oh, and I was back in the Gym tonight for the first time in a while - stupid really as I enjoy it - and, I really can't eat "badly" and exercise - I soon start to suffer. So I'm hoping some exercise will help with some toning and keep the metabolism going.

• 2 weeks later...

1/2 lb last week and 1/2lb this week. 19lbs to go seems quite a long way at this rate!

Ah, but it's a long way worth aiming for isn't it. :)

Well done, that's still 1lb - couple of packs of butter you don't have to carry any more.

Any chance of you doing some new sort of exercise to help boost your metabolism perhaps. (Not saying you should compete with your kick boxers!)

Something you'd enjoy - swimming, dancing, golf, cycling, water skiing ........ ?