UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The 2009 Diet Thread

Wendbert

I'll be back at Slimmimg World on Monday night for my weigh in :( In August on my wedding day I weighed 11 stone eight and a half pounds. I weighed 12 stone 4llbs on Monday. I am a size 14 and want to get down to 11 stone, I'll be happy with that. I MUST NOT GET BACK UP TO 14.10!!!! The weight I was when I started at SW.

Good luck everyone

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

will get the slimming world thing typed up tomorrow if you pm me your email address!!!!

I didnt realise how much weight i had put on (Avoid scale) untill tried to put jeans on and they didnt fit!!

I know im not big but im certainly not healthy and the belly has grown.......was size 10 and up to 14 in some shops now.

also someone in old job got a fancy new phone and has pedometre on it and turns out we walked 8 miles a day whe working in kennels...... which is why i have prob pilled it on now as cant walk 2 foot :( and veg out to cure blues

turns out we walked 8 miles a day when working in kennels...... which is why i have prob piled it on now as cant walk 2 foot :( and veg out to cure blues

Know all about the not being able to exercise, vegging out and pigging out on chocolate etc to make myself feel better :(

Feel down cos you can't exercise > put on weight > depressed > eat 'nice' things > put on weight > even more depressed.................. not nice is it :unsure:

nope!!!! went to health food shop today tho and had a great chat with lady there,,,,,,she said to eat lots of turkey as it has a chemical in it which produces seratonin which is the chemical you lack when depressed and also a high protein diet helps too! so with the slimming world you can do that quite easily!!!

Oh dear, this will be me too. I weighed myself yesterday - and discovered I weigh 1lb less that I did at the beginning of 2008. Heap of reasons why I didn't lose more, but am hoping that 2009 will see fewer reasons and a healthier me!

Does that count as a good start?

And I only ate one mince pie instead of two last night.

Aiming to try to be vaguely good this week - with the idea that I start diet proper on 9th January (I like diets that start on Fridays!)

I have gained a stone in a couple of months and I was fairly hefty before that !! :( Trouble is, because of my CFS I can't get much exercise and another bad thing is that I don't actually like fruit or veg. I live on milky coffee (and lots of naughty things over xmas). So I definately need to diet. Are we putting our starting weights up :unsure: and charting our progress on here? I think that may help me because i would die of shame if eveyone lost weight and I didn't !!.x

I would love to say I'll join in, weight wise I definitely should, but I'm not sure that I have the willpower, enthusiasm or the strength right now. I'm waiting for another consultant appointment and some more tests so maybe when things are more settled I'll join in.

In the meantime I shall watch and cheer you all on :) (or sympathise :( )

I met my local CD Councillor yesterday evening when I collected my medical form (I need Dr's consent as on meds that will need monitoring :rolleyes: )

Assuming I can get an appt at the Doc's next week I shall be starting soon after :biggrin:

My mum needed her Dr's consent before she did CD last year but her Doc was happy to sign the form and she went on to lose 3 and a half stone :wink:

Good luck :flowers:

I needs to join in :rolleyes: I've no idea what I weigh and no intention of finding out, I obess too much if I know my weight, all I know is I can't fit into any of my clothes and I'm busting out of my work clothes. I'm not joining a club or going back on CD, I'm just doing a very low carb diet. I want to be back in my size 12s right now I'm squeezing into them but they are very uncomfortable.

i will be in this club next week.....but need to finish the xmas food first!!!

my thoghts are if it was made bought last yr it aint part of this years diet!!!

Think we are going to do slimming world again .

but coz of my knee injury i cant do gym or much exercise so im a bit stuck on ideas on how to stay active so ideas welcome

Heva, can you do swimming? I remember a girl at work who broke both of her legs and she used to scoot around on her bum using her arms. She was quite a hefty girl but by the time she came back to work no-one recognised her as the exercise had made her lose so much weight. So try @rsing around! :wink:

I am going back to Slimming world next Wednesday. I need to lose at least a stone, preferably 1 and a half! Since quitting smoking and not drinking vodka anymore my weight has just risen steadily. :( Even my 'fat' jeans are too tight. :mecry:

We still have loads of cake, mince pies, chocolate and crisps to eat so I am going to try and get rid of them before Wednesday.

whats CD??!?!

hehe i will try bumming it round.....lol.....i have gt a abs roller thing whcih i need ot get bck inot and yeah im going to be starting swimming soon for physio anyway so doube bonus!!!

we just threw out the last of the cakes and putting sall choc in a box and hiding somewhere......should prob give it away or something but......hmm... will think about it!!!! mikes mum just bought us a life time of muller light....we said get 6 or so when she went shops and she got 6 packs of 6....ahhhhhhh DOH

My mum needed her Dr's consent before she did CD last year but her Doc was happy to sign the form and she went on to lose 3 and a half stone :wink:

Good luck :flowers:

CD Councillor has said it shouldn't be an issue, she has never had one refused, only issue is managing to get a doctors appt (they like you to see a nurse) and whether or not they charge me for signing the forms :unsure:

In preparation I am doing a meal bar for breakfast and a slimfast shake for lunch and then having a normal evening meal :)

I am also hoping the flavours are nice, the only slimfast flavour I like is vanilla :unsure: I'm also a bit concerned that they come in packs of 21 sachets cos thats a lot of the same flavour! :unsure:

CD Councillor has said it shouldn't be an issue, she has never had one refused, only issue is managing to get a doctors appt (they like you to see a nurse) and whether or not they charge me for signing the forms :unsure:

In preparation I am doing a meal bar for breakfast and a slimfast shake for lunch and then having a normal evening meal :)

I am also hoping the flavours are nice, the only slimfast flavour I like is vanilla :unsure: I'm also a bit concerned that they come in packs of 21 sachets cos thats a lot of the same flavour! :unsure:

The sachets come in packs of 21, but your Counsellor should let you choose 21 sachets of whichever flavour you want. I've never been told to buy a whole box full :unsure:

Once you've got past the first week on sole source, you can then have a foodbar each day, plus 2 shakes or sachets. They do porridge now, which is yummy as well as the tetra packs which come in 3 flavours. I tended to stick to the same sachet flavours - chocolate, chocolate mint & raspberry :rolleyes: