UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Max Is Poorly Again

merledogs

:mecry: I'm so sorry to hear that Max isnt well again. :GroupHug:

Alex, is it possible that Max could have banged his eye and been frightened somehow causing him to be poorly? I know what sensitive souls they can be. :GroupHug: Sending all positive 'Dont be poorly' thoughts for Max. :wub:

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He could have had an itchy eye and caught it with his claw. Lots of love sent to you both x
Alex, is it possible that Max could have banged his eye and been frightened somehow causing him to be poorly?

I am hoping it is something like that, but the vet did say that there was no blood or anything else in the eye.

Have spoken to another vet on the phone and she said the fact his eye has gone back to normal is a good thing but even if it was lymphoma the eye could still change, so I should definitely still go to Liverpool (which I am going to do anyway).

I also mentioned about the dire-rear and the fact that all my dogs now appear to have it. She said they are seeing a lot of it at the moment as there are various bugs going round, so I am not too worried about that side of it.

Otherwise he is fine, we have just been out for the best part of two hours and he was running about as usual, even at the end of the walk :wub:

Just wondering, but do you know if Max could also have had PRA? Reason I'm mentioning it is because if you remember, Bumpy's eye changed. The lense kind of inverted itself but because he couldn't see anyway, it didn't actually make any difference, just meant that some days the lense would be sort of floating around :unsure:

Not sure whether it was related to the PRA, but as the retina gets detached, maybe something similar has happened to Max? :wub:

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

The scratches in his eye look a bit like pigment that has come off the iris - in hoomans this is pigment dispersion syndrome, which can in some cases lead to closed angle glaucoma as it blocks the meshwork for the fluids inside the eye to drain away. This isn't there all the time though, and usually presents with a mid dilated pupil like what Max had. Dunno whether it's the same in dogs though :unsure:

Just wondering, but do you know if Max could also have had PRA?

Not sure whether it was related to the PRA, but as the retina gets detached, maybe something similar has happened to Max? :wub:

He does have PRA so maybe it is related. The vet he saw was the one who diagnosed his PRA/CEA so he was aware of that. He did mention the retina may become detached and possible eye removal, but said that lymphoma was more likely given Max's recent history. Obviously I am hoping it's just coincidence.

Unfortunately they don't have an opthalmologist at Liverpool Uni, so if it is something like that then he will probably need to go back to my own vet and then may need to be referred on somewhere else.

I will see what Liverpool say this week :flowers:

Thanks for that Jayne, something else to look into :flowers:

Max seems fine in himself this morning, although he hasn't had a poo since our walk yesterday morning but that might be the drugs the vet gave him.