UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Max Is Poorly Again

merledogs

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Heva and Moonboots - I will see what my vet says. The Oncologist I saw today did say he would write to my vet giving some recommendations for opthalmologists as well but it's always nice to have recommendations :flowers:

Edited by merledogs

Just had a call back from the vet I saw this morning with the results of Max's blood tests. Max's PCV is now approaching normal - it's 33 so it's gone up even from Friday when my vet did the tests (when it was 29.7) and is still regenerative :biggrin:

His white cell count is normal and all the other tests they did re kidney, liver, etc are all within the normal range so my baby boy is healthy apart from something re his eye. The vet said that it may be something (unpronounceable) whereby the iris sticks to the lens and the marks in his eye are the 'footprint' that the iris has left on the lens.

He has recommended Sue Manning at Rutland House in St Helens - does anyone know of her? :flowers:

Was Rutland House the place my friend had heard good things about? I can't remember now.Yes I've checked the website and it is,she said she'd heard good things about it.I think Di knows of them too.

Yes it is, as soon as he said the name, I thought it was the one you had suggested :flowers:

Synichiae is the thing where the iris sticks to the lens, he might need drops to keep his pupil dilated so it doesn't happen again. Will write more details later if you want - am on blackberry at the month and typing is painfully slow!

That's it, thanks Jayne. Will have a google as well :flowers: