UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Prince Edward Takes A Stick To His Dogs

merledogs

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always thought he looked like a greasy wee oik, what a f****** b******, you can clearly see the dog cowering how I would love to do the same thing to the snivelling sh**bag. Being as who his family is I bet he gets away with it, if enough people e-mail the rspca and say that to them perhaps they will think of prosecuting, he should also be banned from keeping any animal for life. I have no love for the royal family in my eyes they are a bunch of parasites..

Terri

Arsewipe :angry:

Thing is he won't even be the one who rears or looks after the dogs, that will be some one else, someone else will have a bond or care about that dog and have to put right the damage he's caused, how willing will that dog be to bring back any birds now ?, especially if the person has a stick in their hand, arse knows nothing about dogs, hope his willy drops off.

hmmmm ever since I logged on this morning and saw the yahoo headline this has annoyed me - the source is the Daily Mail that alone makes me very very reluctant to take anything it says as the whole truth ...then I read the article and noted just how VERY carefully it was worded it has clearly been run past lawyers before publishing, and it very clearly says "appears to show" it at no point says he hit the dogs in fact no article I can find anywhere says he hit the dogs. What it does say is that two dogs were fighting and he ran towards them to break up the fight... now fair play here guys reguardless of peoples opinions of bloodsports or the royals, I have read plenty of posts on this forum and many other animal forums over the years where dog loving caring welfare minded people have posted that they had to take extreme measures to break up dog fights or to get another dog off their own dog after it was attacked by another - if a photographer happened to be following those people around at that exact moment what might those photos look like would they also not show dogs cringing away? Now I am no supporter of Prince Edward in fact I cannot stand him but I'm no fan of this kind of journalism either ...

The source is not only the Daily Mail. There was a Press Association press release and the Daily Mail then presumably picked up the story, along with the Express and various other websites.

In the Sunday Express article it does say that he hit the dog. The statement from Buckingham Palace from that article says :

“It has not been determined that he did strike the dog and it is unlikely that he has.â€

Hardly an emphatic denial is it? :(

Having read the Press Association release....no where does it say that anyone saw him hit the dogs...all they are looking at are pictures...and are being angry at *images*

Animal charities have accused Prince Edward of setting a "sickening example" as pictures showed him apparently hitting his dog.

But animal rights campaigners spoke of their fury at images which they believed showed Edward apparently striking one of the dogs.

it doesn't sound like a very impartial piece of reporting from anyone.

Edited by murtle

I'm not defending him Alex ... but I don't know if he did or didn't hit the dogs and neither does anyone else I read all the reports including the press association one which the articles are based on which says "Buckingham Palace said Edward waved his stick in a bid to break up a fight between his animals over a dead pheasant at the Queen's Sandringham estate, Norfolk." No one has confirmed whether he hit a dog or not the Express goes into more detail but those are not the same details as reported in the associated press story... none of the photos show the dogs being hit ... I dislike tabloid journalism with a passion and I am deeply mistrustful of stories like this which appear to be attempting to play to peoples emotions rather than focussing on the facts which are basically that he was out shooting, the dogs started fighting & he waved a stick around which might or might not have hit the dog... and for that we have screaming headlines "EDWARD’S VICIOUS ATTACK ON HIS DOG" which is somewhat different to the original bannerline "Prince accused of 'hitting his dog'" ...

Ah, The Daily Mail and The Daily Express. Bastions of journalistic integrity.

What would you prefer? That he had allowed the dogs to continue fighting?

So the big story is: - a member of the royal family out in the countryside may or may not have used a stick to break up a fight between two of his dogs.

Good grief.

I'm dubious too. If the photographer had got a picture of the stick actually connecting with the dog, surely they would have used it.

And is that dog cowering and really seriously scared? He could be - but I've got a photo of Mark playing with Az yesterday where Az is showing just that body language: the next photo in my sequence is a play-bow. It's quite hard to judge body language from still photos, I think. The newspapers do have a bit of an interest in playing up this sort of thing.