UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

An Update On Feebee

silke

gallery_3473_140_35068.jpg

As the year is coming to an end, I thought it's time to post another update on how FeeBee, our Oldies Club Sponsor Dog, has been doing. The auto-immune disease she was suffering from seems to have gone into remission, and she has now been off steroids for almost half a year and doing very well indeed. Please check out a recent video we've taken of her at Portobello beach here in Edinburgh:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=B-JRbdG42dc&fmt=18

(If the video doesn't play well, click on the "watch in normal quality" link underneath)

As you can see, she's enjoying life to the full, and we sometimes have to remind her that she's 15 years old and not a puppy any more! We think she is the most amazing creature on earth - despite everything she has been through (losing her beloved elderly owner last year, moving almost 500 miles to her foster home, and then falling so ill), she is such a happy girl, who always has a twinkle in her eye and a smile on her face!

Thank you so much to all the kind people who are sponsoring this beautiful girl - we hope you can see how much your help is appreciated :flowers:

Awww, beautiful FeeBee, after all her health problems and being so ill it's fabulous to see her looking well and happy :wub:

Thank you, Silke, for giving her a wonderful permanent foster home. I hope she's with you for a good long time to come :flowers:

She's gorgeous :wub: . I was kinda dumbstruck when I saw Portobello written and then seeing that you come from Edinburgh, where abouts are you, I'm just along the road from there in Leith.

As someone who is new to this bit of the forum can I ask what her story is and can I use it at the meet and greet in pets at home in January., or you could always come along with her if you have some time to spare :biggrin: .

:) Aaaw i watched that with a silly grin on my face and a tear in my eye..she is looking so happy, a real tribute to the love and devotion she is getting from you.... :)

She is every bit a gorgeous girl :wub:

Video brought back memories too....i used to travel throught to Edinburgh a lot when i was younger and spent time on the beach with my elderly Aunt and her dogs :)

Stay well Feebee :GroupHug:

Thanks everyone :flowers: And thanks also from FeeBee, who is snoozing in her basket behind me at the moment. I work from home part of the month, and I think she just loves being in my study with me all day, curled up in her basket (sometimes I'm a bit jealous actually - wish I could go back to bed too :biggrin: ) The other part of the month Fee goes to one of our neighbours for a few hours a day when there's no one at home, as she still doesn't want to stay alone in the house and will start howling, poor thing :( Who can blame her, she's probably never been left, living with her elderly owner! We're very grateful to our neighbours for helping out, they all love and spoil her when she's with them :)

I was kinda dumbstruck when I saw Portobello written and then seeing that you come from Edinburgh, where abouts are you, I'm just along the road from there in Leith.

We're in Stockbridge (colonies), by the Water of Leith, but FeeBee loves the beach so we sometimes go to Portobello on a Sunday :) We'd love to join you for the M&G in January, it's on the 25th isn't it?

I wonder if it is possible for us to get these videos put on a DVD so we can use them at meet and greets. I shall have mutterings with the other RC's

Not a problem, will PM you about this :)

My neices and nephews are getting sponsorship of FeeBee for their Christmas pressies this year

Oh, that's lovely, thank you so much!! :flowers: