UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

R M F - December 2008

Jacobean

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so in shock, just when you think that things can't get any worse, I get an email from a friend I haven't see for a while

Hello Laura & Mark,

Jenny was diagnosed with lung cancer with an associated brain tumour in July, she had an operation at Kings in early August and unfortunately had a big stroke while in recovery, this has lead to her being paralysed down the left side and a wheelchair user. She had a course of a new cancer treatment that did not work, the cancer has now spread and is classed as aggressive. She has had some radiotherapy treatment at St.Thomas's but this will only (hopefully) control it for a while, they have told us that they can't cure her, we don't know how long we have left, but will do our best to make it a happy time. Flat no good because of stairs and tiny loo etc, hence trying to be re-housed.

I am sorry that I did not let you know earlier, if you want to catch up you can

I reckon that at this stage, if you leave it a bit later you'll probably find it's quieter. Or can you go somewhere that isn't a huge supermarket so won't be such a magnet for crowds?

I'm going out in a bit to get some petfood and a few bits and pieces: I'm going to the local small Co-op, and the greengrocer. I'm thinking it will probably be fairly quiet because everyone will have driven off miles away to the big tescoses and sainburrurieses to pile things into trollies.

:GroupHug: to all that might need them and if anyone has any spare good wishes please send them to my friend Lucy and her family. Her dad has cancer very badly but was struggling along and due to go into the psychiatric hospital to spend Xmas day with his wife (who also has other health problems), but yesterday he collapsed and seems to have multiple organ failure :mecry: Lucy is coping really well but its been a rough year for her.

Lots of good thoughts for Lucy and her family. :GroupHug:

:GroupHug: CT

Love the labs on the sofa :wub:

:GroupHug: mr H

:GroupHug: Wendy

Thank you for my card Julia :flowers:

:GroupHug: laura

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: for all the poorly fugees I have missed.

I had some good news this morning, so I might have to go out later and buy a certain Spikey boy a Christmas present. :wub:

Edited by houndzrus

Good thoughts being sent for Wendy's neighbours Dad and Lucy and her family :GroupHug:

Laura that is so sad :GroupHug:

My turkey hasn't arrived yet :mecry:

Billy has pulled every single toy out of the toy box and thinks that if he barks at them they will miraculously thrown themselves for him :rolleyes: :laugh: Toblie and Beenzie are just lay on the sofa watching him with that 'what on earth' sort of expression :laugh:

Wails from daughters room this morning. One of the cats [i suspect Murderous Bob] has killed and dismembered a mouse on daughters dressing gown.

Sam says it serves her right for leaving it on the floor. :rolleyes:

Oops! I bet Bob left the gall bladder behind, they taste gross apparently :sick01:

Sainsburys wasn't too bad. Got everything I needed apart from mascarpone so will try Budgens tonight when I go to work. Planning on taking all the presents that need wrapping with me to get that done. All I need to do then is clean out the chooks and the fridge and we'll be all ready :biggrin:

My turkey hasn't arrived yet :mecry:

I thought you were tracking it on line. :unsure:

All the rest of us are on the Norad site tracking Santa. :wink: :D

My house is like a ruddy bomb site. Am cooking loads of stuff for tomorrow, plus I have realised I forgot bread rolls. I forsee Dave going to SAainsburys tomorrow to get them. No way in hell am I going :laugh:

My turkey is here :partytime:

When I ordered it back in September I thought there may be a few here for Xmas day - in fact it will be just me and OH - there is a note inside saying since the birds grew exceptionally well this year they have sent me a bigger bird at no extra cost :) I'm now wondering how long it will take the two of us to eat a 6.5kg turkey :wacko: :laugh:

My turkey is here :partytime:

When I ordered it back in September I thought there may be a few here for Xmas day - in fact it will be just me and OH - there is a note inside saying since the birds grew exceptionally well this year they have sent me a bigger bird at no extra cost :) I'm now wondering how long it will take the two of us to eat a 6.5kg turkey :wacko: :laugh:

ummm 2 of you plus 2 labs :laugh: not very long at all i should imagine :laugh: