UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

R M F - December 2008

Jacobean

Hello everyone :)

I hope everyone is well however I'm sure some people will need a :GroupHug: or :( or :laugh: or :ohmy: or :biggrin: .

I don't seem to have had much time to myself for ages and I've got so many things going on so haven't been in here for ages.

Poor Pixie has got a bad case of cystitis at the moment so is on antibiotics to pick her up. She was really sad over the weekend but seems to be feeling a bit better now. Hopefully she'll be back to normal soon.

I found a dog on Sunday, when I was running late for an event. He ran out in front of my car and Steve shouted 'DOOOOOOOOOOOOG!!!' at the top of his voice. Hard emergency stop, swift about turn, slammed the handbrake on, whipped the slip lead from the back of the car and ran off to find said dog. Fergie, as he was called, had a number on his collar but it was unobtainable. I was just about to call my brother, Mr Plod, and tell him to let the kennels know I was on my way when a little lad came along looking for him. With a stern face, I took Fergie and the lad home to explain to their Mum (who was getting out of bed and looking hungover at lunchtime!) that it would be a good idea to deal with the hole in her hedge before Fergie got properly run over or cost her a fair bit of cash to get out of the pound :angry:

Had a nicer day today as I met a had a chat with a couple of homeless people in Oxford and gave their dogs some sample packs of food that we had stored in the garage. Dogs were in great condition, all considered, and were lovely to meet. Their owners seemed very pleased that someone stopped for a chat too :biggrin:

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am happy today! Found out that clinic has been cancelled Christmas Eve so instead of having to drive down to London on Christmas Eve I can go down Tues night instead!

I also had my 20 week scan today and everything seems fine so I might start buying stuff in preparation for when baby is here.

Tomorrow I am doing GP surgeries all day. I'm not getting my flu jab until next week and it takes 10 days to kick in and at the moment there is a huge number of people in Merseyside with flu (both in hospital and going to the GP) so I'd appreciate lots of 'no catching flu' thoughts until the jab kicks in! Flu when pregnant can be risky as death is up to 9 times more likely ( although still not that likely) and your immune system is weaker so symptoms tend to be worse and you're more at risk of complications like pneumonia. And all you can take is paracetamol!

Accidentally clicked on Sarah's transport thread here http://www.therefuge.org.uk/forums/index.p...c=44410&hl= (accidentally as it's miles from me so no point my even looking) and am :axehead: :grrr: at people who would expect 2 declawed (ie, disabled) cats to be able to hack it as normal indoor/outdoor cats, and then decide to offload them when they express themselves unhappy, as cats will. These cats have NO FINGERS, poor little sods, no wonder they aren't ready for life outdoors. Some people do not deserve cats.

Edited by cycas

I feel very out of touch :worried_anim:

I have jsut read back loads of RMF but my brain must be full cos I can't remember any of it :mecry:

If you need one please have a :GroupHug: from me. Maybe sometime in the New Year I will get some down time :rolleyes: pub's been quiet this week and I'm still running around manically :rolleyes:

*sigh*

I seem to have fallen foul of the cretins that are play.com. I cancelled an order yesterday after two weeks of waiting, as it needed posting today - ordered from amazon, and then tried to cancel the play order...using the cancel button that doesn't exist on their site despite them telling you it does. their alternative is to email their terms department and cancel that way, without penalty. so they say. a quick google shows this theory doesn't work and play actually rip you off, take your money and send the order when it arrives eventually. Still, i needed the dvd today for posting, so stuck with the amazon one (which arrived) and tried the email theory.

Tonight, I get an email from play saying they've taken my money and posted my order. Oh coincidence...

So i email terms again and say, politely, you didn't reply, i've already cancelled and don't send it. I get this stupid standard reply.

Thank you for your email.

We aim to have all email enquiries answered within 24 hours. Please be aware that over our busy Christmas period this may take a little longer.

If you have a query regarding our Christmas delivery policy our help desk may be able to answer your query:

http://www.play.com/HOME/HOME/6-/Help.html?page=helpdesk

You may also find the helpdesk useful if you are attempting to return an item:

http://www.play.com/HOME/HOME/6-/Help.html?page=retn

or if you have not received an item:

http://www.play.com/HOME/HOME/6-/Help.html?page=received

Additionally you may find the helpdesk can help you resolve a number of other queries, including:

- Questions regarding shipping

- Product specifics,

- Queries about PlayTrade,

- Getting help with your account

- Many other frequently asked questions.

Thank you for shopping with Play.com.

Kind Regards

I *may* have lost it by that point. I tried to be polite

Thank you for your email. I am very busy over this Christmas period and may take a little longer to find my patience than usual. I aim to be as helpful with my reply as possible.

Please note I cancelled this order yesterday, as reported to you yesterday under your terms and conditions and this cancellation was not acknowledged. This order was cancelled as, despite your company saying my item was in stock, it plainly was not and as it was needed to be posted by today latest, I cancelled, as clearly I am entitled to do via your terms and conditions, to this email address. I have ordered from a rival company who delivered today.

I have no further queries, I don't need any help regarding your deliveries nor do I wish to waste further time calling your helpdesk to repeat everything I have told you twice already.

I haven't received the item yet so looking at your help page regarding this is rather wasteful of my busy Christmas time and unless you cancelled the item yesterday, when I requested you did, perhaps I can hope my busy Christmas won't be made even more busy by doing so in the future.

Similarly, I really don't think I have time to consider asking the helpdesk any of the other possible queries I might have about play or playtrade or my account, or in answer to any other frequently asked questions, unless they can of course perhaps answer why I have received a standard response to a complaint email about my original email (which still isn't answered) being cancelled and why the order is still being posted, although I suspect that it doesn't really come under the heading of a frequently asked question, but you never know, being the season of goodwill, I may be pleasantly surprised.

Thank you for responding to Denise Ford, Merry Christmas.

Kind Regards

Denise

:biglaugh: I don't actually care now if I get the order, I enjoyed letting rip.

:GroupHug: to all who need it