UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

R M F - December 2008

Jacobean

Oh Alex, hope Max is home soon

Michelle sounds like you need another check up, have you had a blood test recently?

I have just made Nigellas christmas rocky road, I now have to wait an hour and a half for it to set in the fridge, I can see this afternoon is going to drag!!!!

I have just eaten a pices of said chocolate slab, it should last ages, very sweet and sickly if you try more than one piece but stay at one piece and very yummy!!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RMF: I am off to have snuggles with a 70kg puppy. Hes dense as wood which makes it even more funny when he flings himself around :wub:

cant imagine how anyone could sleep knowing their kennels wernt heated. I used to have gas heaters and oil filled radiators all the way up the kennels before i put the radiators in and although it was pleasantly warm, its positively toasty in there now. All the dogs have big fleecy vet beds in a raised bed too so no draughts while they sleep. If i couldnt heat the kennels id have to shut through the winter

The central heating in our main blocks gets a bit too hot! Poor doglets think its tropical weather! The skinny things and elderly things wear coats during the day but at night they need to be removed because of the heat! New kennels have individual heat lamps which warm the inside kennel area to a warm and cosy temp

Yama Bungle and Mollydog are lying in front of the fire together with their paws all together in a big pile of paws. It's very cute.

Is there a photo somewhere? :unsure: :wink:

Max has reacted to the blood transfusion so they've had to stop it and keep him in :(

Oh Alex, I'm so sorry :( :GroupHug:

The boys' mum now believes I do indeed have a very norty dog!

Tut :glare: Fancy making up such a story about that angel of a girl just to try and make us believe that she's norty. Shocking it is, just shocking :D

I can't remember if I said happy birthday to the birthday people earlier or not :wacko: If not, Happy Birthday to Sam and Mr Mindy :partytime:

I know that I'm nagging about it lots, but there are still 8 Fugee Secret Santas who need to confirm visits to the post office and tomorrow is the day that we'd requested be final posting day to avoid lots of last minute wibbling about whether parcels were going to arrive on time (for the receivers and us elves :wink: ). Please please please if you still have parcels to post, can you do it tomorrow? :flowers:

Sorry to hear about Robs uncle :GroupHug:

For KathyM :GroupHug:

For Alex and Max :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

Hugs to those in need, and happy birthdays to those whose birthdays it is

I have just made Nigellas christmas rocky road, I now have to wait an hour and a half for it to set in the fridge, I can see this afternoon is going to drag!!!!

mmmmmm, chocolatey goodness! :laugh:

I had a bit of a wibble last night when I got a christmas card from my Dad, signed just 'love Dad' , seemed so strange without the Mum :mecry: Anyways I've done a 'chin up' to myself this morning and am now :biggrin:

:GroupHug: :GroupHug:

I've decided to get a new address book after doing Christmas cards last night and it seemed every page I came to in the book had someone on it who is no longer with us. I don't cross them out - can't bear to do that and seeing their names made me feel v sad. :mecry: :mecry:

I had a bit of a wibble last night when I got a christmas card from my Dad, signed just 'love Dad' , seemed so strange without the Mum :mecry: Anyways I've done a 'chin up' to myself this morning and am now :biggrin:

So sorry Mindy I missed this last night , it is hard adjusting to changes in whats always been normal is'nt it :GroupHug: and first significant dates like christmas and birthdays bring stuff back

sam x

Just got in from an open afternoon at the local Community drugs team office. Lots of interesting stuff about the work they do, but I also sat in on a talk about Acupuncture and Reiki. This has been used quite successfully with some of their clients. I volunteered to sit while the chap demonstrated the Reiki and I also came home with an acupunture needle in each ear to help through stressful times for the next week. :unsure:

Haven't read back yet, so shall come back later :flowers:

:GroupHug: :GroupHug:

I've decided to get a new address book after doing Christmas cards last night and it seemed every page I came to in the book had someone on it who is no longer with us. I don't cross them out - can't bear to do that and seeing their names made me feel v sad. :mecry: :mecry:

I still have my friend Jacquelines number on my mobile and she passed away 2003, I can't bring myself to delete it :(

Oh Alex :( :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

Hope you get things sorted Melp :flowers:

Lesley, is the rocky road stuff nice? I make Nigella's Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes and they are just gorgeous.

Hope you're ok Michelle :GroupHug:

I don't tend to use an address book anymore but I've always had to copy over the details of those that have gone too, I know what you mean, it doesn't seem right somehow to leave them out.

We've a fire lit and Cassie is lying right in front of it with part of her shoulder resting on the hearth. I shall have to check she doesn't burn herself. She loves the heat. Which reminds me, Rob asked me to put some coal on about 20 mins ago. Ooops. Edit, I was thinking she couldn't get any closer to the fire but now she's got her head resting on the hearth. I think I had better move her before she sets fire to her jumper :unsure:

Evening. I have done a days hard labour today and everytime ive read Refuge and tried to reply, the phone has gone, a customer has come, the staff have wanted me etc. God knows how many times I have tried to quote and been called away again.

:GroupHug: snow

:GroupHug: Alex

:GroupHug: Everyone who is missing someone special

happy birthday mels son and someone elses OH who ive forgot

For anyone and everyone else who has posted who I have missed, sorry Im being a crap fugee today :wacko:

RMF I have totted up every dog and cat meal required for the next 18 days, and made a list of everything I need on site. The staff now get to go and count everything we have and give me a list of everything i need. I foresee my Jeep groaning under the weight on monday when I go to the wholesalers :laugh: