UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

R M F - December 2008

Jacobean

I know what you're saying Sam but from the other perspective I've no doubt that other work persons have to go about their business on the premises of undertakers all the time.I'm thinking people like electricians,people that might mend the fridges,other technical type bods and things like that.They are run primarily as a business and whilst that business is care of the dead they have to have maintenance of the property and other neccesary stuff and buying and selling of the business is part of that.Anyone looking to buy the business will no doubt be going to view it as a going concern and any one really could pose as a buyer.I dread to think who could really.

I've laid people out in the middle of visiting hours in less than ideal conditions.We've had so many dead bodies in A&E at times that they end up in the most obscure places being stored until they can go to the morgue.

It might not sit well with the general public but this is the reality I'm afraid.I would say respect for the dead is always 100% there but what people might imagine as the reality and what happens may not quite match up.

my point is simply that if there is a requirement for a trades person or non staff member to be in the funeral home for a reason other than visiting their own freinds/familiy members I don't see why the other deceased cannot be covered so they are not on show and thats the point here that I understood the staff were telling Dee they would not cover bodies or stop work and that to my mind is not right

Edited to add: this is all getting too deep and gloomly for RMF sorry all :flowers:

Edited by Happylittlegreensquirrel

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phebe, he's not put it down since last night :rolleyes: He's sat at his computer now playing games AND the ukelele at the same time :wacko:

Chi used to do that kind of thing so the ukelele will feel very much at home. The rest of you may need earplugs.

Is it the pointer man? Is it is it is it?? :unsure:

No, my luffly pointery friend not only has a pack of German wirehaired pointers and a schnauzer, he has a very nice German wife as well :laugh:

@Abby, if you are getting a new radiator, consider an oil-free one. I have just got a Dimplex Cadiz which costs more than an oil-filled one to buy but belts out an incredible amount of heat for less electricity. I have it to warm the bedroom at a low setting at night when the central heating has gone off.

LOL shall we be all sweetness and light? I'm sure it won't be as I fear but in case it is I just wanted to be prepared. Sam, I totally agree, whilst I can understand tradespeople have to attend, I had anticipated that dignity would be offered - but tbh I just don't know, I've never ever been inside a funeral parlour.

Anyway... Owl you have given far too little detail in your last post :laugh: :flowers:

my point is simply that if there is a requirement for a trades person or non staff member to be in the funeral home for a reason other than visiting their own freinds/familiy members I don't see why the other deceased cannot be covered so they are not on show and thats the point here that I understood the staff were telling Dee they would not cover bodies or stop work and that to my mind is not right

Wouldn't bother me, I must say. For me they could stack 'em 10 deep, including all my dead relatives and friends (now there's an image...). They are only bodies, there's nobody in there to be offended, and as long as the right corpses turn up at the right funerals looking decent and not offending the grieving relatives, that seems like the main thing. Bit tough on the tradespeople that aren't used to such sights I suppose.

though to me there isn't much to choose between an old fashioned butcher with a pig on a hook and the meat counter at Sainsbury's so perhaps I am lacking discrimination...

Chi used to do that kind of thing so the ukelele will feel very much at home. The rest of you may need earplugs.

No, my luffly pointery friend not only has a pack of German wirehaired pointers and a schnauzer, he has a very nice German wife as well :laugh:

1. For the moment, it's fine as it's a novelty :wink:

2. If it's not German Pointer man, who is it? :unsure:

3. Can you please PM me your email address? :flowers:

Alex - I meant to say earlier that I hope the test results come back improved and that if he needs the transfusion tomorrow, that it makes him feel as well as it has done this week :wub: Max :wub:

Now going to post LOTS of photos :wacko:

ahh yes indeed I did get a packet this morning thank you :flowers:

Fab, just wanted to make sure it got to you in time to go to Sri Lanka :wink:

Marion Yantan, you are very norty, but thank you :flowers: I shall keep the wrapped up item safe for the next two weeks :santa:

RMF: We walked to the shop and back. Sir H is sulking as I wouldn't let him sniff one blade of grass for ages before deciding that it wasn't actually the exact place he wanted to pee :rolleyes: He's such a faffer :laugh:

Anyone know any Arabs that want to buy some sand or Eskimos after some snow? :laugh:

I managed to 'chug' a 'chugger' today :laugh:

We had a chugger (Charity mugger) at work today trying to get people to sign up to donate direct from payroll to a charity. I insisted on showing her 'Postpals' and 'Dogstar' before signing up! She ended up emailing the links to all her colleagues and her boss and said she'd email all her friends the links too! :biggrin:

I did have a lot of charities to choose from including a few animal ones. But decided on The National Missing Persons Helpline. The chugger then said that she'd not had anyone else sign up for them since she'd been doing it. I wonder if people consider some less worthy than others :unsure:

Anyone know any Arabs that want to buy some sand or Eskimos after some snow? :laugh:

I managed to 'chug' a 'chugger' today :laugh:

We had a chugger (Charity mugger) at work today trying to get people to sign up to donate direct from payroll to a charity. I insisted on showing her 'Postpals' and 'Dogstar' before signing up! She ended up emailing the links to all her colleagues and her boss and said she'd email all her friends the links too! :biggrin:

I did have a lot of charities to choose from including a few animal ones. But decided on The National Missing Persons Helpline. The chugger then said that she'd not had anyone else sign up for them since she'd been doing it. I wonder if people consider some less worthy than others :unsure:

well done on your chugging and thanks for sharing our link ( and postpals who I also think are great )

I do think some of the large charities are more popular and some others do get overlooked which is a shame as so many charities in the UK are really filling a need that should be state provided anyway and they all need help

@Abby, if you are getting a new radiator, consider an oil-free one. I have just got a Dimplex Cadiz which costs more than an oil-filled one to buy but belts out an incredible amount of heat for less electricity. I have it to warm the bedroom at a low setting at night when the central heating has gone off.

I am confuddled :unsure: I thought oil filled ones were more efficient :unsure:

We are very quiet so I have my laptop down in the bar.

I may be eating crisps

I am confuddled :unsure: I thought oil filled ones were more efficient :unsure:

We are very quiet so I have my laptop down in the bar.

I may be eating crisps

Oil-filled ones are more efficient than the old convector kind, but the new oil-free ones are different.

I am feeling like I have made a difference today, both to dogs and people, so I am a happy camper.

Vena ate some peanut butter on toast from Marks hand, which is a first.

Riley let me cut a couple of claws.

Alfie is playing and yodelling

Josh is still my perfect boy

Pegs is being her usual princess self

Benj is eating coal :wacko: he steals tiny little bits and then he balances them on his front leg and nibbles them with his front teeth.

It is bitter cold here, thank goodness we are warm and cosy, thinking of dogs in cold kennels :mecry: