UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

R M F - December 2008

Jacobean

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shazzy, I'm so sorry to hear about your Father-in-law :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

Alex that sounds a bit worrying :unsure: Did the dogs bark? I'm sure they'll have sent someone on their way pretty quick.

Melf, what a horrid thing to happen to your neighbour, hope the presents are covered on their insurance.

This morning I have been at Blackbushe market shaking tins for GG, it was a bit chilly. The thermometer in the car was reading -3 when I was on the M3. :wacko:

That's weird, I haven't thought about that place for years but mentioned it to Rob earlier when we were making lunch and then came on to read your post. I used to love going there! I was thinking about donuts and I'm sure I used to buy lots of yummy fresh, hot and sugary donuts there, which is why I had mentioned it to him! Hope you did well :)

Then we went thro the wood into a field with sheep and there were a group of people coming tuther way with two off lead dogs one of which was chasing the sheep :( I shouted to tell them to get their dogs under control as it very likely the sheep will be in lamb.They were really sulky about it all. One of them ended up running behind her dog ineffectually trying to get it to come to her. That's twice this past week I've had to tell people at this place not to let their dogs chase the sheep. What is it with people :unsure:

Muppets :angry:

Alex that sounds a bit worrying :unsure: Did the dogs bark? I'm sure they'll have sent someone on their way pretty quick.

The dogs did bark. I spoke to my next door neighbour and he said if someone was going to rob me it's unlikely they would leave their car where it could be seen, even if it was a stolen one, but he is going to mention it to our local police this week just in case someone else has had the same experience.

ETA : One Man and His Dog is on BBC2 in half an hour :biggrin:

Edited by merledogs

Had a delivery of dog fod today. I'd ordered 2 whole rabbits, expecting them to be jointed or at least skinned. Horror upon horror - they have everything they started out with! At least they were dead. The delivery man said to just chuck them to the dogs they'll soon get through them.

OMG! OMG! OMG!

Then we went thro the wood into a field with sheep and there were a group of people coming tuther way with two off lead dogs one of which was chasing the sheep :( I shouted to tell them to get their dogs under control as it very likely the sheep will be in lamb.They were really sulky about it all. One of them ended up running behind her dog ineffectually trying to get it to come to her. That's twice this past week I've had to tell people at this place not to let their dogs chase the sheep. What is it with people :unsure:
I bet they would complain if there dogs got shot though! You can't blame farmers can you, when people are that irresponsible :(

I am very excited that you got your way with the lights, looking forward to piccies :biggrin:

I have been wrapping up and labelling the pashminas for the lovely folk here who have bought them so far. I shall be posting them tomorrow. quite amazing how i ended up with 6 different sized parcels considering they all contain the same stuff :laugh:

it must be a "special" talen Di :laugh:

I am back from the Wiccaweys Christmas Party :santa:

just like last year nothing of any intrest happened and fancy dress was very dull :ninja:

You and Mr Squirrel carry on believing that......

Me, I need to change my knickers again as I am still snorting with laughter!

:biglaugh:

*No Granma Squirrels were harmed during the making of this years fancy dress competition....

However, several dogs and and one cat may be traumatised for life...*

Hello all.

RMF - its still cold. :thumbsdown_anim: Fingers refusing to work properly and Scoob refusing to walk on the grass as it is crispy and white and he'll get cold feet. :rolleyes:

Edited cos of stuck Y button and cold digits...

:wavey: Sarah - where have you been hiding then (who is Scoob????) See you've moved to the metropolis of Wellington :laugh: Fancy a walk sometime?

Have spent HOURS trying to do our first online ASDA order and it's driven me round the bend. I missed delivery today because you have to check out by 5pm the day before delivery, unlike Tesco which lets you check out until about 4am the same day, but I didn't realise until I went to check out. So then I figured we would have delivery tomorrow, so checked out and entered our payment details in time and then the website crashed and didn't put the order through, so now we can't get it until Tuesday. Grrrr. I am hoping I get used to it as the Tesco order one is generally so nice to use. Thankfully we have some food to last till Tuesday. Tis a right pain not having a car too as we can't nip off for a loaf of bread etc.

And it's dark. And cold. Time for hot chocolate and me to stop moaning :rolleyes:

If anyone wants to make mince pies for the walk at Westonbirt, that would be very good of them :wink: I shall be baking some chocolate muffins for the walk :)

Ooh choccie muffin please :biggrin:

muffins and mince pies for the walkers, biccies for the dogs :)

I have been for a Chinese & Indian buffet mmm

I've been out with Fergus. We've been out ages but I didn't feel at all cold. Some of the pavements on the road bit were icy.

Oh Cherry :wub:

You've reminded me we have rats or mice again. Heard them in the walls last night.

Edited by Jacobean