UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Chicken Thread.

phoebejo

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O, can you see him ?.........for some reason it's still showing my friends nag Misty on my comp :unsure: ................and less of the MY.......he's mine I tell you......aaaaall mine :fight:

I had intended to put up more pics, but made a complete balls up, then the chuffin' thing said I couldn't edit my own post, then I had a temper tantrum and stomped off in a huff :bigtonstuck:

Poor Cacky's not well :( have her in isolation in the back room. Poor thing wasn't quite right last night but still seemed sprightly enough, but this morning she didn't want to come out the coop or eat or drink, I'll try and get some liquid down her throat in a bit, and have ordered some Flubivet which I won't get till Monday morning, I'll also try her with natural yoghurt.....hope she doesn't pop her clogs, I've gotten rather fond of Cacky.

Please welcome Mimi Maguire, Maud & Meredith who arrived yesterday. Many thanks to Little Hen Rescue for going in yesterday to save these girls and so many others.

I tried and failed to get a good group shot!

DSC03874.jpg

Woo Hoo :biggrin: .

I have four coming from the same organisation next saturday and can't wait. How are your girls doing now?

Hope cacky is ok? :flowers:

I think Cacks will pull through, she seems much improved on this morning, eating and drinking anyway, but I want to see a decent jobie or an egg before she gets discharged by nurse Jane, she has passed a sticky, smelly, brown and white poop, which could be one of those clearing the pipes jobs, but other than that nothing, I have discovered though that she has a passion for yoghurt :biggrin:

I'm glad Cacky seems a bit better :flowers:

Can I ask a chicken newbie question please? So far, so good and my little ex-bats are pretty healthy. But if I should ever need to get some fluid down them, how do you get a chicken to open its beak for you :unsure:

RandomMundaneChickenFact: I found a fab web page with pics of all kinds of different chicken poo, with explanations. It is bookmarked as a Favourite :laugh:

I'm glad Cacky seems a bit better :flowers:

Can I ask a chicken newbie question please? So far, so good and my little ex-bats are pretty healthy. But if I should ever need to get some fluid down them, how do you get a chicken to open its beak for you :unsure:

RandomMundaneChickenFact: I found a fab web page with pics of all kinds of different chicken poo, with explanations. It is bookmarked as a Favourite :laugh:

With great difficulty, let me tell you :rolleyes: I just had Cacky on my knee and prised her beak open, then dribbled the water in with a thing like a mini turkey baster, I got a very handy wee kit that only cost about £2, it has different wee measuring cups, a couple of syringes, the mini turkey baster, a gadget for weighing grams of medicine, and a measuring spoon, I wouldn't be without it.

Could I have a link to your poop site please :flowers:

I have four coming from the same organisation next saturday and can't wait. How are your girls doing now?

They're so frightened :sad02: And they hate me :sad02: If I open their run door they refuse to come out until I've moved to the other end of the garden. Meredith barely leaves the coop at all :mecry: We were watering the grass last night so the fence dividing ex-bats from the big girls was down. Maud felt confident enough to wander over to the big girls garden. She had a peck at their pellets and they completely ignored her so I was pleased with that.

They're feathers are starting to grown back :wub:

I hope Cacky continues to improve. If I'd known this morning you needed Flubenvet I could've sent you some. I have a big tub, a lifetimes supply :laugh: If anybody wants some PM me and I'll send you a bit.