UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Chicken Thread.

phoebejo

OMG OMG OMG!!! My new Silkies chicks are due on Thursday and her owner says if I want to I can take her and all the chicks free of charge so that he has more space for another broody he's got. They're Brahma eggs she's sat on! If I do get her chicks aswell then I'm going to have to do a bit of re-arranging of coops..........

What a lovely surprise!

How exciting :pinkie:

So either Cora is now Top Chick after her adventure, or she will realise what happened and drop dead later on!

Fingers crossed for the first option :ohmy: Good boy, Jed :wub:

I candle eggs using the light on my phone. I have just discovered that if I shove my phone down my bra, pull my cardi over my head and shove eggs up my t-shirt I can candle during daylight hours.

Waaaaahahahahaha!!!!!!!! :biglaugh: :mecry: :biglaugh: I think we need photographic/video evidence of this event :biglaugh:

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I candle eggs using the light on my phone. I have just discovered that if I shove my phone down my bra, pull my cardi over my head and shove eggs up my t-shirt I can candle during daylight hours :biglaugh: :biglaugh: I've just seen Poland and Houdan chicks waving at me :wub:

Dems is boy chicks then :laugh:

Good boy Jed (I think) and lucky Cora

I candle eggs using the light on my phone. I have just discovered that if I shove my phone down my bra, pull my cardi over my head and shove eggs up my t-shirt I can candle during daylight hours :biglaugh: :biglaugh: I've just seen Poland and Houdan chicks waving at me :wub:

:biglaugh:

The mind boggles at what you were up to that you discovered such an unusual use of a mobile phone and your cleavage :comic19:

I've been candling properly, in the dark! I think I've lost a Houdan, it looked blood ringed but I've put it to one side in the incubator and I'll check in a few days before removing it. The good news is that I saw two Wyandottes alive :pinkie: So as it stands I think I've got 4 Orps, 4 Houdans, 6 Polands, 3 Aracaunas, 5 Dorkings & 2 Wyandottes :pinkie:

And maybe some surprise Brahmas :biglaugh:

Awwwwww, wee things ...............when can we see, when can we see ?

Poor Emily, hope she's not too poorly :GroupHug:

I've eaten my own eggs for the first time tonight :biggrin: amazed at the difference, not just taste but that the egg doesn't spread out all over the place, but stays in a neat little dollop..........remarkable.