UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Good Thoughts For Sham Please

Jasmine

Sham was a bit lethargic last night but had eaten her tea and gone for walkies etc. Just late on we noticed she didn't seem herself. She was the same this morning and wouldn't eat her breakfast. Now when Sham is off her food something Must be wrong, she loves it so much. She just seemed very lethargic and her back legs were a bit wobbly.

I rang the vets straight away and had her there within an hour, we have a new lady vet who felt her tummy and said she thought she had a bad tummy. Her temperature was normal and her heart was okay so she gave her anti inflammatory and antibiotic injections. She said not to feed her today and if she doesn't improve to bring her straight back.

That was 11. 30 ish this morning and except for having a wee when we got back has been sleeping on the couch (I lifted her on) and now she's in her bed and hasn't moved for some time.

We'll see how she goes overnight I think and if no improvement take her back tomorrow morning. The only good thing was when I got back from Costco with a cooked chicken she got up to come and have a smell at that.

So please send Sham some healing thoughts for a speedy recovery. :wub:

PS: A saying that I hate which I got told a lot when I lost my mum at 84.

"Well she was a good age" Now with Sham "She's a good age for a Irish Setter, she is old you know"

Oh, that's okay then, it will be much easier now I know that. I know people mean well but I just hate it when they say that.

Thanks everyone :GroupHug:

Well Bernie you can come round with those treats, Sham is eating again now but still isn't herself. She seems to be very hunched up round the back end and her back right leg is stiff. I managed to give her a little toot on the heath today while she did her ministrations but she just wanted to go back home afterwards.

She's snuggled up in her big cuddly bed snoozing, I'll see how she goes and if no better will give my vet a ring on Monday morning re the leg problem. With her not moving as much she is wee'ing herself more too so it's constant washing of beds and bottoms, good job I have lots of spare beds. Bought some baby wipes so I can wipe her down between her bottom washes.

It's like Animal Hospital here, what with all Rosie's problems too, and dashing back and too to the hospital at the moment as well. Thankfully Ruby and Lindy are fine, they just keep trying to pinch the snuggliest beds I make up for Sham. :rolleyes:

Thanks again for all your good thoughts, off to give her a cuddle now. :wub: