UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

R M F - October 2008

Wendbert

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am feeling very fed up. 13 weeks tomorrow and for the last 9 weeks I've felt nauseous constantly (other than for about 15-20 mins after eating) and have been sick once or twice a day. It's beginning to get me down a bit now and as I'm eating that often I'm worried about putting 3 stone on like my sister did in her 1st pregnancy and she's now got 3 kids and is heavier than ever!! It's like having a constant hangover! I fell asleep at work yesterday on the sofa on my lunch break, oops! I'm hoping the sickness and nausea improves soon but some people have it all the way through aggghh!

:wavey:

Love the greyhound-y stocking  :wub:

This morning's walk took a bit of a  :wacko: turn when we encountered a couple out taking their CATS for a walk in one of the main dog walking parks in the area  :ohmy:  Thankfully Sophie and Morse were off in the bushes so didn't see, and Sky and Smudge were on lead, but what sort of stupidity results in someone taking their cats for a walk (on lead) somewhere where there are many, many off lead dogs wondering around?!?

Oh doG, is this the new fashion or wot!??? Having just survived the scallies with their snarling, bad mannered dogs, whilst taking my two out in the park, another dog owner fortunately happily pointed out that there was indeed someone walking their snow white cat on an extension lead! :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: I might have yelled at Kiera at the top of my lungs to bring her ball here now!!! which,stupidly enough, always causes her to have a look round to see what the commotion is about :rolleyes:

Fortunately she didn't see the C.A.T. and brought her ball back like a good girl :wub: This was at 5 in the afternoon though, doggie rush hour! I wonder what on earth that guy was playing at or if he was completely oblivious to the factthat the park is frequented predominantly by canines, not felines??? :unsure:

Hate to tell you this Alexis but I had it all the way through with my first. You really need to rest as much as you can, even if that means powernapping through the day. Aren't you a GP? LISTEN TO YOUR OWN ADVICE WOMAN! :laugh:

Seriously, hope it passes soon, it really is horrible and you can't enjoy being preggers.

This morning's walk took a bit of a  :wacko: turn when we encountered a couple out taking their CATS for a walk in one of the main dog walking parks in the area  :ohmy:  Thankfully Sophie and Morse were off in the bushes so didn't see, and Sky and Smudge were on lead, but what sort of stupidity results in someone taking their cats for a walk (on lead) somewhere where there are many, many off lead dogs wondering around?!?

:ohmy: this would be hell for me.If Daisy saw it she would attack it without a shadow of doubt,and I'm not sure I would be able to stop her :( I'm an expert at spotting cats from a distance and calling her back - but if she spots one she'll give chase,fortunately the areas we walk have plenty of trees or they escape over a fence or hedge,but on lead - no way and it would be a nightmare if the owner picked it up because she'd attack them in order to get to it.

I am feeling very fed up. 13 weeks tomorrow and for the last 9 weeks I've felt nauseous constantly (other than for about 15-20 mins after eating) and have been sick once or twice a day. It's beginning to get me down a bit now and as I'm eating that often I'm worried about putting 3 stone on like my sister did in her 1st pregnancy and she's now got 3 kids and is heavier than ever!! It's like having a constant hangover! I fell asleep at work yesterday on the sofa on my lunch break, oops! I'm hoping the sickness and nausea improves soon but some people have it all the way through aggghh!

I've had 4 children, and was very sick for the first trimester each time - I also put on a lot of weight each time (2.5 stones with 3, and 3 stones with the fourth. :blush02:). I wasn't eating junk, either - just felt very hungry after the sickness stopped. My babies were large - between 9lbs 2oz and 11lbs 3oz - but that doesn't explain the huge gain, of course.

If it's any comfort, I found that breast-feeding and pram-pushing quickly got rid of the weight. :) In fact, at my 6-week check after my first, I was back to normal (under 8 st from 10.5 st) so it doesn't have stay on, as long as you keep really active.

Take care. :GroupHug:

Hate to tell you this Alexis but I had it all the way through with my first. You really need to rest as much as you can, even if that means powernapping through the day. Aren't you a GP? LISTEN TO YOUR OWN ADVICE WOMAN! :laugh:

Seriously, hope it passes soon, it really is horrible and you can't enjoy being preggers.

I hope it improves soon! I'm a trainee GP and currently doing obs and gynae which doesn't help. Am working 9am-9.30pm Fri , Sat and Sunday unfortunately! At least I've got Monday off! I am looking forward to a GP job from Dec until maternity leave in April so at least those hours will be better as bump grows!