UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

R M F - October 2008

Wendbert

They played "My Heart Will Go On" by Celine Dion at my great uncle Keiths funeral as he went through the curtains. I had to cover my face with my hands because it made me laugh. Not only is it a cheesy song, Keith was incredibly cheesy so it suited him perfectly but also the heart of somebody about to be cremated does not go on so what was the point in that song?

I'm sorry, I've been a bit norty.

Good thoughts for Moo. :GroupHug:

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Cheryl :sad02: :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

Taffy :wub:

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: Melp, get yourself sorted :flowers:

I am sooooo tired :tired: Think I will got to bed now. I am helping out at an exhibition at church this week and have to act :ohmy: I am Mary :huh: I have been learning my lines and the dogs have been listening very nicely, hope the primary school kids will be as quiet as them :laugh: :laugh:

Night all :flowers:

:wacko: I've just knocked on my neighbours door to give them a parcel that the postman left with me today. My neighbours are around 30 so about my age but I can't help but come away from conversations with them just utterly like this -> :wacko:

Firstly, we get told about a party they're having in early November. She (neighbour) tells me it will involve fireworks so I then start assuming this is why I'm being told. Then I'm informed there will be sandwiches (crazy party, this!). We are welcome to go round. Oh. One of these neighbours has a MA in Science Fiction. I'm starting to get worried about the party.

Secondly, as said neighbour is cooing over one of my playful cats darting around on the driveway, I am told they are getting a cat, ideally two, but...unfortunately all the ones in rescue at the moment are black and white. Why not black and white I ask. I'm told there are too many black and white cats in the area, as she points at my Bonnie cat, and said it won't set them apart :ohmy: :unsure: :wacko:

Thirdly, in this conversation which lastest no more than four or five minutes, I'm also informed that the stress of flooding last year is still taking it's toll because they are trying for a baby and, despite trying for some time, they are having no luck. They went to the hospital and are both apparently ok so have been told it's stress-related. This is a subject where I have great empathy because of my own situation however it's not one I would be discussing with the neighbours. (Probably mostly due to them then proceeding to tell the world by posting it on a forum :rolleyes: )

I really did not need or want to know most of this :wacko:

Presumably if they do have a baby it will be something other than black or white to avoid mistakes of ownership in the park.

Cheryl, I hope you can get to the bottom of it . And I hope it was down to the child 'mishandling' her as bad as that is, at least it gives an explanation. Zara never showed any signs of a problem when she was with you so unless she is stressed or ill, there can't be much other reason. :GroupHug:

Jules, how did you get on in your meeting today? :unsure:

1-7.jpg

:bigheart3: scrummy!

Will send positive thoughts for Moo tomorrow. What time is your appointment? :GroupHug:

Healing thoughts to Moo :wub:

I am never ever sending my dogs to kennels again :mecry: I trust my kennels 100% and they are the most fab kennels ever with an acre of secure land every dog has playtime in off lead every day - but my boys do not do kennels - Toblie has red eyes, he has not been sleeping and Beenzie has lost his bark :mecry:

:GroupHug: OH keeps pushing to go on holiday. I keep stalling as there is no way I think my dogs can cope in kennels, especially Neo :( He woukd go crazy and end up with SA to add to his list of problems. I may well end up divorced before then! :rolleyes:

Shazzy, glad your FIL is picking up :flowers:

Mel, please keep on at the doc to chase the results orget you in for another MRI incase they have lost the results :rolleyes: Glad that Foodog is looking after you. I would try and set up a recorder if you can or even a webcam that you can set to record.

Presumably if they do have a baby it will be something other than black or white to avoid mistakes of ownership in the park.

:laugh:

Julia, are you dressing up too? If so we need pics of 'Mary' :biggrin:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Absolutely!

:biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Nobody wants my foster kittens Cheese and Pickle. *said in best Ali G voice* Is it cos they is black?

I knew people could be, erm, selective over dog colours and that's always baffled me but I must have been really shortsighted to think that didn't extend to cats too. I have three cats - one is black and white, one is black and t'other is white. Pure common cats :rolleyes:

Is it something that a touch of Nice 'n Easy can sort out? If so, the neighbours would prefer tabby or tortoiseshell please. Thank you.

Is it something that a touch of Nice 'n Easy can sort out? If so, the neighbours would prefer tabby or tortoiseshell please. Thank you.

I put pink food colouring on Eggs belly so I could tell him and Spam apart, maybe I could try a similar thing with Cheese & Pickle. Do you think they'd like black & pink kittens?

I have missed loads and cannot catch up now. From a quick scan it appears that Melps is planning her funeral, and Kelly and Phoebejo are conspiring to supply fake dyed kittens. :ohno02: If that's a representative sample I'm not sure I dare go back any further....

Here is a random comedy pic of me and Molls when she decided she wasn't going to walk over any more pebbles.

normal_5.jpg

Anyone know where you can get those little dog-bags for chihuahuas in greyhound sizes...? :laughingsmiley:

I have missed loads and cannot catch up now. From a quick scan it appears that Melps is planning her funeral, and Kelly and Phoebejo are conspiring to supply fake dyed kittens. :ohno02: If that's a representative sample I'm not sure I dare go back any further....

Here is a random comedy pic of me and Molls when she decided she wasn't going to walk over any more pebbles.

normal_5.jpg

Anyone know where you can get those little dog-bags for chihuahuas in greyhound sizes...? :laughingsmiley:

OMG! Molls you are pure class!! :laugh: :laugh:

Well I suppose I better head off to bed or I wont get up in the morning. :rolleyes:

Night fugees. :wavey:

can i have a few positive thoughts for Moo.

shes back to the vet tomorow-she seems abit wheezy & chesty-and although eating like a horse, digging the garden and even having a little run is quite breathless .....

shes my much beloved wonky dog who has overcome so much recently......so anything thats available to cross-can you do so tomorow?

cheers

Fee

Tons of good thoughts being sent for Moo :flowers: And a :GroupHug: for you too.

Because when ever i leave my room she invites herself in unwelcomed and you cant get rid of her. She just goes to sleep on my bed, or goes through my things

Some people don't have any sense of privacy, and don't realise that this kind of thing makes housemates feel threatened. You need a lock for your door for when you are out of the house anyway, but have you tried explaining that you need your personal space, you don't like people going through your things and if she wants to sleep you would rather she did so in her own bed? She may simply be lonely and unable to relate to people, as she is clearly missing some social skills. Or maybe she comes from a family which doesn't go in for privacy. It's difficult to confront someone over something like this, but it isn't going to go away and you are doing her no favours by letting her think it's OK.

Lots of good thoughts for Moo and everyone else in need.

All the cows, goats and turkeys arrived safely I am told, but I haven't seen any yet as out until after dark.

I went to see Mary and heard the latest about Tim. He is still on pureed food, but eating OK. His hand movements are shaky but he is communicating well by alphabet board. Carmarthen hospital want to transfer him to the rehab unit at A.N.Other hospital - which has refused to take him as he has Aspergers. They don't seem to know anything about the condition and insist it means he can't learn anything. His bro who is a doctor is going to try to enlighten them. Tim is a gifted mathematician, chess player and musician. He can do logical stuff, it's the complex and often illogical interactions between people which he can't get to grips with. He is making a real effort to work with the nurses to recover from his stroke, and it is shocking that he can't get the rehab he needs.

Why has Rolex decided to sing an aria at this time of night? :rolleyes:

I went to see Mary and heard the latest about Tim. He is still on pureed food, but eating OK. His hand movements are shaky but he is communicating well by alphabet board. Carmarthen hospital want to transfer him to the rehab unit at A.N.Other hospital - which has refused to take him as he has Aspergers. They don't seem to know anything about the condition and insist it means he can't learn anything. His bro who is a doctor is going to try to enlighten them. Tim is a gifted mathematician, chess player and musician. He can do logical stuff, it's the complex and often illogical interactions between people which he can't get to grips with. He is making a real effort to work with the nurses to recover from his stroke, and it is shocking that he can't get the rehab he needs.

Why has Rolex decided to sing an aria at this time of night? :rolleyes:

Shocking that medical peeps don't understand about Aspergers - hope Tim gets the treatment/ rehab that he so obviously deserves.

As for Rolex, serenading you to sleep :rolleyes: :laugh:

Morning :tired: Back to work after 4 days off but on the plus side, I am only in today and tomorrow and then not back in until Wednesday next week. However, I have an exam on Tuesday so the time will be spent studying, studying and then studying some more :rolleyes:

Healing thoughts for Moo :GroupHug:

I am never ever sending my dogs to kennels again :mecry: I trust my kennels 100% and they are the most fab kennels ever with an acre of secure land every dog has playtime in off lead every day - but my boys do not do kennels - Toblie has red eyes, he has not been sleeping and Beenzie has lost his bark :mecry:

Awww bless, they missed their mummy :GroupHug:

Melp, I hope the doctors get to the bottom of whatever ails you soon :flowers:

I knew people could be, erm, selective over dog colours and that's always baffled me but I must have been really shortsighted to think that didn't extend to cats too. I have three cats - one is black and white, one is black and t'other is white. Pure common cats :rolleyes:

I must be odd, because black and white is my favourite colour for both cats and dogs :wub: but then I've always been contrary.

Phebe - continued good thoughts being sent for Tim :GroupHug: