UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Bucket List

Mrs B

A group I belong to is going to discuss this tomorrow night, and I'm currently trying to get my cold filled brain to work this one out.

The idea is to put a list together of ten things you'd like to do before you die - I guess money is supposedly no object ............ otherwise I will be very limited.

I have one or two things on my list, (well, about five actually) and have realised that some things I wanted to do at 18 I've either achieved, or have become impossible, or I no longer have any inclination for.

So, jumping out of an aeroplane (preferably with a parachute) at one time was a positive dream - now I just think "why"?

Owning a dog is a dream fulfilled. :)

Going water skiing - been there, done that, I was useless.

Having children

- not going to happen

Anyone want to share their Bucket List? I'll let you know what mine is before I go out tomorrow night.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Visiting certain countries.

Having my own business and working from home.

I used to want to abseil but now I'm older I seem to have lost my bottle.

I also fancied rock climbing and am no longer sure due to the same reason.

I would like to learn to horse ride.

I probably have loads of others .......

To see animal suffering disappear for ever.

To take my Mum to Sotland.

To swim (in shallow water) with Dolphins.

Visit a friend in Cape Town and ride the Blue Train.

To go on the Orient Express.

To have all the people who have made me happy at a party and give them each something that they desire but would never buy themselves.

To visit Orangutan Island.

To be able to get my home straight (still have lots of Mum's stuff here).

To have land enough so that people who have dogs who hate other dogs could have fields to run offlead with no danger.

To visit Monkey World.

I always wanted to do a Foo gig in America and I'm 3 days away from doing it :biggrin: Twice :pinkie:

Aw thats fantastic, jammy git :biggrin:

My Bucket List would be

Shag Brandon Flowers

Shag Sean Bean

Shag Anthony Keidis

Shag Jonathan Rhys Meyers

...........you get the picture :laugh:

When I've got round that little lot I'd love to have enough land (and money) to have rescue kennels and a dog behavior centre that would be a place to learn and heal and would have top-notch trainers and behaviorists........actually I wouldn't limit it to just dogs, anything would be welcome.

Fly over a desert in a hot air balloon

Go to Scara Brae

See the Northern Lights (a visit to the Ice Motel while I'm there would't go amiss)

See the Taj Mahal

See Ayres Rock

See The Kremlin

See the Great Wall of China

Ditto The Pyramids (although Mac Donalds and all the retail stuff would be knocked down for my visit)

However, I am very lucky to be able to say, I have seen New York, ridden in a horse drawn carriage in Central Park, seen Ground Zero, Times Square, Statue of Liberty, been to the top of the Empire States Building AND swam with dolphins (although it was dissapointingly 'sanitised' by H & S)

I have also learnt to ride, seen Monty Roberts in 'action' and seen Ian Dunbar lecture, so if I should die tomorrow, I wouldn't be too dissapointed (although it would mean not seeing my sons grow up :( )

I would love to go to New York

Do all the big roller coasters around the world

Go to Australia and New Zealand

Spend a fortnight on a horse doing a ranch holiday somewhere hot

marry someone who works on oil rigs, so he works away for 3 months, comes home for a weekend of rampant sex and tax free earnings and then buggers off again for another 3 months :laugh:

About 5 years ago I wrote a list of things I wanted to do. I had just suffered a mega breakdown and decided that for the next few years I was going to do things I wanted and be quite selfish about it. (I'd had several years of a very demanding job in terms of time, commitment, emotion plus some extremely difficult situations in my family). Well that's enough of why I did the list but here it is and I've done quite a lot of it.

Typically I can't find my list but these are the things I can remember:

Buy a smart car

Get a male Spinone

Swim with dolphins

Walk the coastal path of Britain

Learn to sing

Swim 10 lengths front crawl without stopping