UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

If You Have Collar/lead From Me

elricc

I have just had rather a nasty email (NOT from anyone on here) who had bought a collar from a rescue I donated to (NOT a rescue on here)

Basically the email tells me in no uncertain terms that my collar is crap, it has frayed, colour has run and dyed the dog etc and it hints that I must be raking it in.

I am composing a dignified response and am offering money back/ replacement etc profuse apologies, the rescue directed them to me.

So please if you have had a collar etc from me can you let me know if it is meeting your expectations, or has it frayed etc really quickly dyed your dog.

None of my dogs have experienced this with there collars.

I am really upset, and what with peoplenot paying I think I will be stopping, this is not a commercial enterprise, I haven't made a penny, nor do I wish to

Edited by elricc

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: that is appalling! You can see that they are good quality fabric and not for 'rough wear'. The exact reason I havent purchased one for my two who like to rag each other by the collar. :rolleyes: I did however want to purchase one for my friends new pointy and still do!

I am disappointed for you that the rescue took this stance rather than refer it back to you themselves re a replacement etc :(

So sorry that you have had yet more hassle with something that should have been for the good of rescue.

Well I can certainly state in no uncertain terms that none of the collars I've had from you have frayed, run or dyed my dogs!!!! And as 2 of my dogs spend a unproportionable amount of time in the sea for any collar to last more than 2 months in my house is a miracle, and the lovely little slip collars I've had from you are still going strong!

Laura I am sorry you have this crap to deal with. You can please some of the people some of the time........

Archie's collar is beautifully made as are the leads and collars you donated for the Trailie show. Lucy's mum was so delighted with the one I got Luce she ordered another. She is always being asked where she gets the beautiful collars from.

We don't let Archie wear his everyday as it is just too gorjuss and sumptious for him to gunk it up. Because of this I do tend to look on all your collars as something special for "high days and holidays".

I can't believe that someone buying something from a rescue goes back to complain in the style of the complaint passed onto you. If it was a commercial enterprise and found wanting yes I would complain but not when I know the money has gone to rescue funds. And why should you refund the money if you had given the collars free to the rescue - or am I missing something :unsure:

Have a big :GroupHug: from me and another from Archie for his lovely collar :GroupHug:

The collars I have had from you have been fantastic, the hounds are out in all weathers with them on and we have had no problems at all with them fraying/colour running or anything else - in fact they are still in amazingly good condition compared to other collars I have had. So much so that I was going to ask you to do a collar for my new boy, but I totally understand if this has made you decide to stop doing the collars.

Well done for all the hard work you have put in, and the fabulous collars you have sent out.

I haven't bought a collar precisely because I know my dogs would ruin them, but the ones I've seen on here are beautiful. I think it's shocking that someone would send such a rude email and personally I would not be sending profuse apologies etc., because they haven't approached you in a courteous manner.

I also can't believe people don't pay you when they've had a collar - you should name and shame them.

I haven't bought a collar precisely because I know my dogs would ruin them, but the ones I've seen on here are beautiful. I think it's shocking that someone would send such a rude email and personally I would not be sending profuse apologies etc., because they haven't approached you in a courteous manner.

I also can't believe people don't pay you when they've had a collar - you should name and shame them.

Ditto :(

:GroupHug: :GroupHug:

I've had no problems with Sky's collar. No freying or colour running problems, and its stood up to a fairly rough scrubbing as he bled all over it. He's worn it tramping round in the brambles a fair few time as well. I accept that collars won't stand up long to that sort of treatment, but the collar from you looks as good as new so I am well impressed.

:GroupHug: for you - sorry that you've had to put up with this sh*te.

I'm so sorry someoneran. i thing these people are chancers who didn't take care w has put you through this. :angry: :( I have had three collars two of which are worn daily by Spike and Cherry. They go out in all weathers, and even when Cherry went mud wresting with Jed, not one thread frayed nor colour ran. I think these people are chancers who damaged theirs through misuse and just want someone to blame. How sad. :(

I also think the rescue is passing the buck by not defending you, or finding out what happened to the collar. Lots of :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

Sorry that you have had to have this rubbish to put up with Laura, my 2 collars have been on the boys since they arrived and are still in fantastic condition. :flowers:

I have bought collars from the shop that haven't worn as well as these have :rolleyes:

As for those that haven't paid - beyond contempt :angry:

I'm sorry you had an email like that Laura, it's just rude!

Pixie is not a very ladylike greyhound and Alfie is a tearaway. Both collars are doing very, very well. In fact, they don't look any different from the day they arrived. They wear them all day everyday. Alfie plays by grabbing Pixie by the neck and she likes to roll in anything she can find - usually duck poo coated grass! There's nothing wrong at all with the collars. They're as good as new.

Marge is right - chancers! :angry:

Laura - if you haven't already sent your email to them, ask for them to return the collar to you if they take you up on replacement / refund - then you will be abe to know for sure what condition it is in.

Try not to take this to heart, there are scummy people about and there are some who are just never satisfied - so many people are completely happy with your collars, this one will just be a small blip.

:flowers:

Mine have to hold 16 stone of dog and the other 7 stone of dog, your collars are still as beautiful today as they were when we got them, and yes we do use them, all the time. In fact I can often be found drooling over new pictures of your collars and would love some more, and at some point will put another order in, when Barry isnt looking!

Sorry you are getting this when all you want to do is help :flowers: :flowers:

I'm sorry you've received such an unpleasant message Laura :GroupHug:

Not that I am defending rudeness but I wonder if the person that contacted you realised you were an individual making dog collars and leads in your spare time to help rescue, without profiting yourself? Although I haven't experienced the problems they've mentioned at all.

I've only had your collars for Minnie-Moo so far and am really pleased with them. The cherry one was only replaced because she's grown out of the first one and apart from it looking a bit grubby (what you'd expect with a pup and entirely nothing to do with the collar) it is in great shape :flowers: She's been wearing it since I bought it and I only put the new one on this weekend, so the original one has put up with lots of puppy charging around and play times :) The other collar I will keep more for "best" because of the material involved.

I've not bought this sort of collar before as my boys in particular like to find manky things such as fox poo to roll in, but I'm really pleased with the quality of them :flowers: and love the new luxury materials you have.

I'm disgusted that people have taken advantage and not paid up either, that's just so totally wrong :(

Kiera was given one as a pressie - thanks Ellie! :flowers: - a little while ago. Kiera is a tomboy: she runs around, goes into undergrowth, swims in the river, in the muck, whatever is available and does rough n tumble with a 12+ stone GSD who hangs off her collar. Apart from the inevitable stains that you will see on a very light coloured one, the collar is still in the same condition, stitching etc still immaculately intact, and every time I wash it (now makes me wonder if mr/mrs nasty has stuck it in a hot wash and dry!) it comes out as new. The only thing that's stopped me ordering collars from you myself so far is my indecision on what design I'd want. I really really hope that it's not too late after this nasty email! :(

I agree with who's said that you should ask for the collar back. Did you not say that there was someone out there copy catting you? Who's to say a) that it is one of your collars, b) that they haven't stuck it in a 90C wash - no collar will stay on at those temperatures! - and c) that they're not trying to pull you a leg; their dogs might have ripped it pulling at it and they're trying to blag a freebie out of you.

Unfortunately there are some nasty people about, but please don't let the nasty minority stop you Laura! :flowers: :GroupHug:

I saw some collars at this dog show we were at yesterday and they weren't half as nice. What would we do without your collars!!?? :mecry: