UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Failed

taylor

Guys lets see all your failed fosters ....

and how long they were with you before you failed....

and the moment you knew they were staying ?

Obviously with pics :flowers:

Ill start you off .... I contacted chris Yorkie rescue to say I wanted to rehome chippy this week , lol, she contacted me back to say she was going to ask me to foster him :mellow: ............. :biggrin: now thats failing with style :cool:

Chips.jpg

Peg I hope you dont mind the stealing of the pics till I have the boy in the flesh :flowers:

Tilly, a RDR dog, came for Christmas and New Year as a 20 week old pup. I had lost my husband 3 weeks early so she really helped me through as well. She was the perfect pup, no trouble apart from not being house trained but she soon picked that up.

Tilly's pound picture

Tina.jpg

Arriving at my house thanks to her Aunty Bernie.

Tina_on_arrival1.jpg

Next time she saw Bernie which was several months later. I love this picture

BernieTilly.jpg

As she is now, she is about 2 years old now.

Tilly2.jpg

Ellie is another RDR dog who came for 10 days and is still here. She came into the pound with 2 large tumours and has obviously been a breeding bitch. The day her 7 days were up RDR took her to the vet to have the tumours removed and the vet has done a wonderful job, my vet had problems finding the scars when she went for her booster. I didn't want 6 dogs but Ellie had other ideas and has fitted in really well.

Ellie's pound picture.

StellaPound2.jpg

The day I picked her up from the vets to bring home.

Stella33.jpg

As she is now. Ellie is the perfect dog, never any problem and gets on with other dogs.

Stella22651.jpg

Another picture I love which shows how well she gets on with mine. Ellie is in the front, Gracie in the middle and Joe is the white dog at the end.

Sleepingbeauties.jpg

well, yyeeaaa. I have Freddie. From the moment I set eyes on him, we clicked. I was to foster him while I was looking for a GSD. I walked through the door with him, and Shadow treated him like a long lost friend. 5 years later they are still like derby and Joan lol hes on the right

DSC00127.jpg

on the left is Lissie. I got asked to pick up a blind and deaf retriever. She stayed :wub:

I don't really count Wispa as a failed foster, as I told Coryn from the start that if she and Polly took to each other and I was able to handle her OK, I would want to adopt her.

Actual failed fosters have all been small furries. Fenella bun was one of a bunch I rescued and somehow she stayed here when the rest had moved on to a small animal rescue. And the current robo hammies turned out to be so ancient that I wouldn't dream of moving them on. My first two cats, long gone to the Bridge, were each taken in as strays and kept when I couldn't find homes for them.

Kizzy came over from Ireland and my vet said that she had most of her ribs broken quite recently and a week later she gave birth to 5 puppies. The pups were weaned and given back to the rescue but Kizzy was glued to me (and still is) so she stayed. She is the jack russell in my pics. She was a nervous wreck and completely oblivious to training when she first came but now she joins my Ebbi as Mrs Perfect no 2. She has been here for 3 and a half years now and is still a mummys girl. :wub: :wub: x

Edited by ranirottie

Duke (as was) came delivered to me my the lovely Bernie, he happily plopped out of her car, got a hitch into the back of mine and by the time I'd turned round he was curled up on the front seat asleep. He came home, met the rabble with a yap and a wobble and found 'his' bed within minutes!!! :laugh:

His first day!

90093311e25c015e51590be9cb54c96f.jpg

The people I shared with laughed at him, and said he was the funniest looking foster I'd had yet!!! He messed in the house, yapped like a nutter when left and would shred Sidneys toys within seconds. But there was something about this wonky little dog that completely steals your heart, ask anyone that has met him and they will tell you, he's got a special something about him. He's wonky, he smells abit, he snaps his jaws together like a crocodile, he nicks balls and runs away with them and he steals the covers from the bed...but he's the happiest sweetest little old man in the world. If I'm honest from the moment he curled up on the front seat of the car I was smitten. It just took me a couple of months, and the offer of a good home to admit to WAW that this one wasn't going anywhere. I don't think Sidney would of forgiven me if I'd let his pal go. Of course with his new home had to come a new name and Super Duper Cooper was born!!! :laugh:

I LOVE to swim I do!!! :biggrin:

RL23.jpg

I love singing as well!!! :laugh:

of50590442-4.jpg

Edited by JACKYSIAN

dee dee. she came here and we knew that day lol

deedee002.jpg

and my monty. when i first met monty i asked mags if i could foster him but he had interest he had quite a bit of interest but nothing came of it so i did get to foster him. i knew instantly the first time i saw him if i took him home he wouldnt be going anywhere

dogs013.jpg

and this lil one i am trying to persuade my o/h with. i just love him

buster

busterandaries2004.jpg

busterandaries003.jpg

At last I have found something I’m good at - FAILER :laugh:

Molly and Hobo. Molly was OH fault.

DSC01768.jpg

Stupid Brian

DSC01778.jpg

Berni

DSC02027.jpg

Being the patient person i am I don’t think its ever decided immediately it’s more that no one shows them any interest in offering them a home in the first 24 hours of them being here so obviously their isn’t going to be any interest EVER so save everyone the work ,tear up the foster contract and sign the adoption one. :laugh:

Archie is my westie that I got through rescue (actually from Cheryl33 to be precise)

and from then on I too was asked to be a volunteer as well.

I could have failed on numerous occasions but

1) I already had 2 dogs and didnt think I could cope with a third (cliffy mini daxi being my first) and

2) all the ones i could have failed with already had homes lined up (phew)

I had just rehomed 2 boy westies that could not be separated when I got a call

to say there was an emergency and a westie bitch they had recently rehomed

Well she had just bitten the lady in question (and chipped the bone) resulting in her having

to go to hospital for a minor procedure - long story but you dont hold a welcome

home party for a newly rehomed dog that had sufffered a lot of abuse when younger with

about 25 people all crowding round to pet her.

it was left to me to rehome her and eventually I did, about 7 months after taking her in as

an emergency foster her forever home turned up - yep mine :biggrin:

So here she is, my special daddys girls Tessie pickle :wub: , (or Tessica if she is being told off, yeah right :laugh: )

Dogpics2007190.jpg

Dogpics2007188.jpg

as you can probably tell I am a sucker for westies :biggrin: