UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Unwanted Hair

ClazUK

Blame the thread on Joe/BoosBoss cos he reminded me.....

I had a depressing realisation the other day that I spend aaaages plucking

eyebrows

and waxing

moustache

and shaving

legs and underarms

and sculpting

lady garden

And I wondered if I was normal, obsessed or just very hairy :blush02: :bonjeur: :hairy: :handlebars:

And I was wondering if anyone here could share their experiences of more permanent methods of getting rid of unwanted hair (I'm thinking lazer but I might be behind the times).

Yours hirsutely........

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe I'm disappointed. I thought you would have all the answers given your experience of the laydees and their gardens.

Erm I think you're normal Claire. In fact you're doing well if your not mentioning hairs elsewhere. Not that I have any of those either you understand but I have noticed other personages what have an abundance of other fluffy stuff.

I pluck my moustachio hairs out.

As I have baby fine hair all over - not just on my head - this has never been a problem for me and while I bemoan my fine hair, I am grateful when I read things like this. I only have my eyebrows plucked - not neccessary elsewhere. :rolleyes: :laugh:

Yours quite baldy from Islington. :laugh:

A large magnifying mirror (horrifying experience!) and tweezers here. I know on that programme Embarrassing Illnesses, there was a woman who really was hairy, poor soul...they sent her for laser treatment and it got rid of all of it. They said it works best on dark, strong hair rather than fair fine, and it may need more than one treatment to get rid of it all but once gone, its gone for good. It was exxpensive..but maybe in the long run it would pay for itself?

Eyebrows OK

Leg hair doesn't grow anymore after waxing for donkey's years

Shave armpits

But face - :mecry:

Thanks to the menopuase, I started to sprout a beard, tache and a hairy neck :grrr:

I got so miserable plucking that I eventually tried electrolysis and it's the bestest thing I've done. It's taken a while to kill off the horrid, black bristles but after 18 months I'm now down to maintenance visits every 6 weeks.

Lady garden is redundant so don't bother with it

:rolleyes:

Eyebrows-pluck

Armpits-shave

Legs-shave

Lady lawn-shave. After rather hideous experiments with wax, veet and plucking I resorted to razors again. Did buy one of those Phillips toot hair removal jobbies but don't like it. The epilator rips the hairs out by the roots and bluddy hurts, the trimmer bits aren't robust enough and don't give a smooth enough finish.

My legs and pits aren't very hairy so don't need doing that often but my toot is like the Amazon rain forest, hair grows like crazy there including up my bum crack :( I'd like laser treatment but worry that the hair will eventually stop growing and I'll be a bald chuffed pensioner. :dry:

Getting older I have noticed nasal hair needs plucking more [ouch] and a mole on my neck sprouts a couple of thick black hairs too, which get plucked.

I'd like laser treatment but worry that the hair will eventually stop growing and I'll be a bald chuffed pensioner. :dry:

Not to worry you , but that could happen anyway. My gran went bald as a coot down there in old age... :laugh: Still, think of the savings on razorblades!

I am hairy and I don't care. Well OK, I do shave my armpits because otherwise they prickle.

Lists of menopause symptoms don't mention the lessening of hair in one's intimate regions but the growing of extra bristles in the facial area. One day it feels like a tiny bristle or two on the cheek, chin or lip and the next day it's run away to join the circus time. The only answer is eternal vigilance backed up by a magnifying mirror and extra strong tweezers.

As for hairy parts of a more intimate nature - what can I say? Fast disappearing!!

Please tell me you are referring to your eyebrows here. :unsure:

Mostly eyebrows, but stray bristles on the chin too :biggrin: no way would I be attacking my lady bits with tweezers!

My friend who is a year younger than me says her lady garden is now a desert...it all fell out. My OH says oh good he's looking forward to that happening :rolleyes:

I know its good to be able to talk about things to your relatives, but knowing your Gran is bald down there..isn't that a bit too much information? :wacko:

Forgot to say I think.

Shave my pits and legs with a razor blade.

Shave my lady garden with an electric razor and scissors. Rather liking the thought that I won't need to worry about this in old age, especially as my eyesight is likely to get a lot worse.

I'm fair skinned with black hairs.

I tried an epilator on my legs but it didnt do a very good job. So I shave armpits and legs. Eyebrows resemble slugs but who cares! Lady garden just sprouts a few weeds here and there but no mowing necessary. :rolleyes: I am an old lady who rarely dresses up so I dont feel the need to be pruned and mowed very often. x :laugh: