UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

For All Those Having Relationship Troubles.

Kathyw

When I was nearly sixteen my boyfriend Kerry dumped me, I was heartbroken and went in and straight to bed sobbing.

My Dad came up and sat and talked to me.

He said Look I beleive that there is someone special for everyone, your Mum is my special one and I am hers.'

You are very special and unique - therer is only one of you in the whole wide world (yes I know but I was upset and believed it)

If Kerry doesn't realise just how special you are, then he must be stupid and do you really want a boyfriend that thick?

I was still very hurt and upset but it helped no end.

Then a few months later Dad had another talk.

He said 'carrying on from before (I didn't know what he meant as there had been a few 'talks' usually about my behaviour :rolleyes: )

anyway he said that he wanted me to promise him something - we took promises seriously in our house - I agreed without thinking and am sooo glad I did.

The promise I made was to never allow anyone to treat me in any way that made me feel bad or upset. He said you are precious and knowing you I assume you will go out with many pillocks but you can tell after one date if they see you as precious or not. If they do not then do not see them again and you will never have your heart broken again.

You know what - it worked.

I never went out with anyone a second time unless they treated me nice. I had the 'wrongun' and didn't want another.

If you value yourself then others value you. If you allow someone to be rude/hurtful/disrespectful to you - then you are saying kit's ok to treat you that way - it's not every ok. However much it hurts walk away.

I am not talking about long gterm couples here- you will have alreaady worked out your own way of going on.

I am speaking of the fairly new relationships.

Ray - from the day we met- treated me as if I was precious and apart from the last few years when illness has sometimes changed his personality, he still treats me that way - just makes the bad times harder to deal with but I still wouldn't have it any other way.

I am special - I am unique - there is only one of me.

And the same goes for all of you.

I believe out there, everybody as a very special person waiting for them, it's just sometimes you don't find them and sometimes you find them after a long long search. I also believe that true love, stays in our hearts for ever and it never goes away, it just sometimes we also have to be understanding :) :)

I believe that being unique and special and being treated right is a two way thing, if you expect it you should give the same in return. I have met far too many people, male and female, who know exactly what they deserve and how they should be treated but it hasn't crossed their mind that anyone else should be afforded the same behaviour by them.

I believe in the existence of more than one special person for everyone :) though some of them may be living in Tasmania, in a monastery or married to someone else :unsure:

:laugh: :laugh:

Thanks for that Owl

And thank you Kathy as this is a virtual hug of the best kind :)

Edited by babsc71

I believe that being unique and special and being treated right is a two way thing, if you expect it you should give the same in return. I have met far too many people, male and female, who know exactly what they deserve and how they should be treated but it hasn't crossed their mind that anyone else should be afforded the same behaviour by them.

I totally agree with you CT :flowers:

I always believed there was a special person out there for everyone, and however long it took to find them it was worth waiting, and I think I just have :blush02:

Just met a guy where I never thought I would, we are both currently a little scared about how quickly we have got to feel so strongly about each other, but I know he thinks I'm special and I certainly think he is :wub: