UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

For All Those Having Relationship Troubles.

Kathyw

He was Brenda but sometimes I didn't heed his advice and later regretted it.

When I first started going out with boys that he knew about (when he thought I was old enough that is) and they came to get me, he would tell them he expected them to bring me home on time and not to get drunk or they would answer to him. He said if they are drunk how can they take care of you?

When he no longer did that I sort of carried it on.

I never stayed on the date with a bloke who got drunk, I left. I never got drunk when out on a date. I knew how to behave myself.

I got drunk and misbehaved when I was with my mates. :laugh:

My friends did the same.

Ray turned up for a date once straight from work a bit worse for wear (instead of going home and getting ready, he showered at the studios and then went into the bar with his mates) but I didn't realise at first, not until we were in the restaurant and he was talking quite loud. It got worse as we had drinks at the restaurant and I asked if he had been drinking, he said yes quite a bit and off I went home. I said he should have called me to cancel the date and stayed with his mates, that wouldn't have bothered me at all.

I wouldn't have dreamed of getting pie eyed before he was taking me out and didn't expect him to either.

Ray has been drunk and so have I since we were married, though not at the same times, but only when we were staying where we were and not travelling home.