UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

I Just Need To Ramble...

wendywoo1972

Wendy, my heart is breaking for you too as I lost a very special dog at exactly the same age, and it is the most horrendous thing to go through. But you do survive, especially if you have to keep going for other family members, and it takes a long time but you do eventually get to a point where you remember all the good things as much as the loss. Sending love and strength to you all :GroupHug:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:GroupHug: I can only echo what others have said. I lost my first dog to cancer on 15.12.06. He'd just had his 11 th birthday in October. I felt cheated of the time we had left. Frodo was a young lad & you have been cheated. You will blame yourself despite your own common sense telling you that you couldn't have done anything else to save him.

You will find yourself crying for days, but Frodo will find a way to let you know he's ok-you will understand that it's ok for him to go & leave you to cope without him. I found two white feathers the day after I lost Glenn, more tears but I knew he was ok.

It's the special bond that makes loosing them so hard but the memories can never be taken away. We bought a digital photo frame & put all our pictures onto it, we now have a constant show of our days together.

I hope you soon can smile at your happy memories, & know that your little lad is at the bridge with our other loved friends. :GroupHug:

If I was closer I would give you a :GroupHug: . My heart is breaking for you and your family. :GroupHug:

Be gentle with yourself and in time, very gradually, you will remember his funny little ways and smile.

A candle is lit here. Only a plain one. But it is lit with love and good thoughts. :GroupHug:

Wendy :GroupHug: to you all.

I lost my Jakey (first dog as an adult) when he died of a heart attack in kennels age 7, cos I was getting a new kitchen fitted :wacko: and I too have experienced the middle of the night rush to the vet with bloat :flowers:

Take all the time you need, you have had a dreadful dreadful shock, and anyone who has had a dog suffer bloat regardless of the outcome will have read your posts last night and felt the same awful dread, I know I did. :GroupHug:

It's dreadful losing a pal so unexpectedly, and a truly awful shock, I can empathise with you there.

Very best wishes to you and all of your family :flowers:

I'm in bits after reading your post :mecry:

/quote]

Me too, and my OH was swallowing hard. No words anyone can say will make you feel better, but take a little comfort in knowing how many friends and strangers are thinking of you and wishing you well :GroupHug: Life can be so very unfair at times. :mecry:

Wendy, I am with you heart and soul as I too lost a dog through gastric torsion as a result of bloat. That was 8 years ago and it feels like yesterday. I left my house one evening at 7.30pm to take a van load of books to be sold in aid of an animal sanctuary. I very rarely left the house in the evening but I thought I had better go and do my good deed as I didn't have time to do it earlier and I needed the van empty so I could take my doglets out the following morning.

When I got to the sanctuary I stopped for a chat and a coffee and my, how I wished I hadn't :( When I got home, Ruby was in great distress and had obviously got bloat and she was stuck behind the front door having collapsed. I struggled so much to get in.

I cannot begin to explain my feelings at the time as I was well aware of what was happening. I called the vet to say I needed to get her in as it was out of hours and Ruby died before I could put the phone down :mecry: I still torture myself about it. Why did I go out and why did I stay chatting? She was fine when I left the house otherwise I wouldn't have gone out so I know how quick and devastating it is.

I apologise for hijacking your thread but I just wanted to say how I know what you are going through and how you will punish yourself with the whys and what ifs.

You acted quickly and you could do no more than that. It is such a very cruel thing and my heart goes out to you all. I am so very sorry.

Stay close and watch over your family Frodo until you are reunited again :wub:

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: :GroupHug: