UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

I Need A Gross Question Answered Please

Ciren

Peaches has started to scoot everynow and then so i decided to have a go at her glands. I did exactly as the vet showed me put fingers either eisde of hole squeezed then gently pulled out. nothing came out however so i am left with 2 conclusions.

1. i am doing it wrong

2. she doesnt need doing and just likes to scoot for the fun of it.

you could be doing it wrong but she may also need worming. even if she was done by MT when she left the breeder, if she hadnt been done regularly she could still have been a bit wormy after one dose. best let a vet check the glands and weigh her so you can get the right dose of wormer first time round

she's been wormed since leaving breeders, i also have done her once, she isnt due for another till mid spetember.

our local vets has been great and has answered all my questions :D

erm i don't suppose anyone has any really gross diagrams they could link me? i don't mind paying for the vets to do it, i just think they could be helping soemoen else with a more serious problem.

Not all dogs glands are in the "right" place...Rosie had been scooting and I knew she didn't have worms, so I took her to the vet. She expressed the glands but said it was a bit difficult, as they were in a lower position than they usually are, and also that might make them less likely to empty normally when she went to the loo. I would definitely let the vet have a look rather than try yourself.

Is there a strange smell at all? :unsure: Jacko sometimes just scoots for the fun of it if he has an itchy bum :rolleyes: I always check the carpet for skid marks afterwards though , just in case he was wiping his bum :rolleyes: :sick01: :laugh:

It has to be one of the foulest smelling things in the world!! :mellow:

I've had dogs all my life and this is one job I will always leave to the professionals!! I'm afraid I'd be concerned of the damage I may cause by trying it myself plus it's gross!! :laugh:

Just a tip though, I add one weetabix to Tiz's morning meal and this has helped keep her 'clean'! (Although my dogs are fed raw and that also is extreamly good for keeping that area flowing nicely!!! :laugh: )

I've squeezed and squeezed till I'm blue in the face and never got a drop out of either of my dogs :wacko: what I have found works (especially for Spud who has real butt problems) is the homeopathic remedy Sanicula 30c. Or you could try this sacs , informative and a bit of fun too.