UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

I Need A Gross Question Answered Please

Ciren

I've squeezed and squeezed till I'm blue in the face and never got a drop out of either of my dogs :wacko: what I have found works (especially for Spud who has real butt problems) is the homeopathic remedy Sanicula 30c. Or you could try this sacs , informative and a bit of fun too.

How often do you give the remedy, celeste? Riley's anal glands are much, much better with a combination of raw diet and slippery elm powder, but I'm wondering if a homeopathic remedy might solve the problem for good.

I started off with one meltlet once a day for three days, then if he does scoot, which is few and far between now, I give him one. This is very good for Spud as he would start to scoot a couple of days after he'd had his glands emptied. If you have bother finding Sanicula I get mine from Ainsworths and use Sanicula Aqua 30c I get the meltlets rather than the tablets as they melt on contact so much easier to give.

There's a demonstration video on the internet. I saw it a while ago when I was researching for my grooming course.

Here's the link

Hope it helps.

OMG that poor dog though :laugh: Bless it she/he was so like 'oh here we go again' and looked like they'd given up the will to live!