UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

What's Going On With Me

dirtychicken

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only just seen this and wanted to say that here I think we know that feelings aren't given hollowly (is hollowly a word? prolly not), and that everyone here wishes you the best and cares very much about how you are. I think it's great you're getting the doc on the job, and I think it's good advice to rule out other causes too. If you can't see the light at the end of the tunnel, that's fine, cos we'll all hold your hand til you're there. :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

I was so sorry to read how you are feeling, can only relate to an episode I had a few years ago with severe stress. I could not read a book and I am an avid reader, couldnt find my way round in a car, forgot how to put it in gear even. Words would not come to me at times, its a horrid horrid place to be. You feel you are really losing the plot and will never get better, but you do gradually and with lots of love and care to yourself.

Are you on meds, because some make you feel worse regarding this brain fug thing.

And the other thing I think is to get your doc to check you out properly for any other conditions that may be causing this, then at least you can stop thinking the worse (I know I used to think the worse) and just accept that some days you are completely a waste of space but other days you are a little better.

Take care

Thank you all so much for the wnoderful support :mecry: :flowers:

I've been to the docs, found her lovely to deal with and then she said that today is her last day :rolleyes: Anyway, I completed 2 firsts today: first time that I've ever spent more than 10 minutes in a doctor appointment and the first time I've ever cried in front of the doctor :blush: She gave me lots to read, she doesn't want to strat me on medication until I've had bloodt ests done and was just lovely. I have to go in for blood tests next week and I am also going to be seeing the sister because they run a weight loss mnagament clinic at the surgery (I've put on *lots* of weight whilst not really eating to support such a gain :( ). I see a doctotr again after we get back from holiday - we go for a week from next Friday.

I'm going to be tested for the thyroid thing, diabetes and 2 other things that I can't remember :rolleyes: I took in a list that I'd written of the symptoms I'd been having and I'd also written a list on the back of all of the things that happeneed over the last 12 months :ohmy: Obviously, nothing is going to be diagnosed until after the resultes are back and she is unsure whether depression is the problem or if it might be anxiety (emotional overload + physical/mental exhaustion) as thetre is a fine line between the 2 apparentrly.

Socially, I really need to get this sorted as I find it very hard to use the phone, writing emails or texts takes ages and I'm not wanting to go out in case I burst into tears - once you've done that next to the baked beans in Tesco it makes you think :blush: :mecry:

Thank you all so much :flowers: