UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Dear Fugees, Your Healing Thoughts Are Really Needed

bonniebird

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wishing Kathy all the best. :GroupHug:

My mother-in-law had a mastectomy when she was 41. She lived to her late eighties and died of an unrelated illness - she saw her son grow up and was a wonderful granny to our children. I wish that kind of outcome for Kathy. :flowers:

:flowers: Well everyone, thank you so much for all your support :mecry: She is going in at 7am tomorrow. I called and left a message telling her we are thinking about her etc. Its sooo hard to know what to say. Thanks for the article Helly and everyone that told me about that :flowers: . Everything you have said tonight has made me feel heaps better. I will pass on all your thoughts to Kathy when I see her at the weekend.

I don't know much about all this, but I suspect that the operation will be the easier bit. It takes 1 hour :wacko: I think that the following weeks and months are going to be hard for her :( My sister lives in the next street to her and my folks are both retired, so they all are going to have a rota to help her so she don't have to lift a finger. My brother is a very good, loving, helpful husband to her, so she will be well supported and looked after. I wish I lived nearer to them even though its only east London, I can only do so much due to work. But, I will be around as much as I can.

So please spare her a thought tomorrow morning. You are all so lovely :flowers: :crying_anim:

Thanks Karen x x x

From watching my mum after her mastectamy and lymph node removal, the hardest part of the recovery was the loss of strength in her left arm. Kathy must be very carefull not to do any lifting at all on the side of the operation so as not to agrevate the cut from the nodes coming out. I checked with mum, she was 55 when she had her mastectamy, 62 when she had a full reconstruction including a boob job on the other side so they matched :laugh: She will be 73 next month.