UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

A Very Big Thank You

Bernie

Can I please say a very big THANK YOU to a very special lady who yesterday at very short notice took on Wispa as an emergency foster for RDR. Her story is HERE

Polly, Phebe's own dog was a real star, she just said hello and immediately accepted her with no problems. I had the pleasure of taking Wispa from the kennels to meet with them in Welshpool, met Phebe for the first time took both dogs for a little wander round the area and happily said farewell as I knew Wispa would get the TLC, attention and companionship she so craves. :GroupHug: :flowers:

Wispa. :wub:

319505687.jpg

Polly Phebe's little star. :wub:

319505686.jpg

Edited to add: Sorry the photo's have been taken in their crates, but I forgot till they were ready for the off. :wacko:

Edited by Bernie

Can I please say a very big THANK YOU to a very special lady who yesterday at very short notice took on Wispa as an emergency foster for RDR. Her story is HERE

Polly, Phebe's own dog was a real star, she just said hello and immediately accepted her with no problems. I had the pleasure of taking Wispa from the kennels to meet with them in Welshpool, met Phebe for the first time took both dogs for a little wander round the area and happily said farewell as I knew Wispa would get the TLC, attention and companionship she so craves. :GroupHug: :flowers:

Wispa. :wub:

319505687.jpg

Polly Phebe's little star. :wub:

319505686.jpg

Edited to add: Sorry the photo's have been taken in their crates, but I forgot till they were ready for the off. :wacko:

Why do you think I got the forms filled and through so fast and recommended her Bernie? I knew that Whispa would have a lovely home with Phebe. Phebe is one of the few people I would trust my dogs with.

*blush* you are too kind!

I'm very limited as to what fostering I can do because of the livestock all around. It does mean I can't take on dogs with no known background. I'm no good with assertive dogs either (except pulis) so I was delighted to have the chance to foster a gentle dog and help RDR.

I haven't seen Polly so happy and interested in months. She is very tolerant of Wispa, while making it clear that she is still number one dog. Wispa likes and respects her.

The only problem we have had is food aggression, so with one high-speed ravenous gobbler and one dainty slow nibbler, I have decided that they will eat in separate rooms at least for the time being.

I had a problem getting to RDR forum earlier and I am a member. Is there a problem with the site? :unsure:

Thanks for that pic, very similar in markings. I'm sure Wispa is at least half pointer, she has the stance and gait and she points with her paw up. The rest could well be whippety lurcher. The head-on pic doesn't show her rather pointy nose.

Polly was grinning from ear to ear as you see, she was so happy :)

Well done everyone concerned - and thank you for restoring my link to the RDR world!! I too cannot get onto the forum nor Terrier Talk - its driving me mad! Hope its fixed soon so that none of the doglets suffer x