UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The Real Names Fred

jacqui d

You don't notice my hard work :mecry:

I'm Hazel.

When I was little my dad used to call me Munchkin after a passage he found in a book describing the "munchkins" that lived down the end of the garden as 'short, squat evil creatures that liked to eat children' (I think they had green poison dripping from their fingernails too...). That's my only nickname :laugh:

What have you done to me now? *Scuttles off to check*

hmm it appears the same.

That nickname is surprisingly apt :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

For those who don't know Hazel/Uke is the joint admin with me on my board, and does an awful lot of work on it. :flowers:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dad calls me Fanny and if in a hugely crowded public place it's Fanny Adams or 'cringe' Fanny Tickle, he is so straight and tory boy (and very luffley too :wub: ) he just doesn't see anything wrong, bearing in mind he's been married to my mum for over 50 years and she's called Nancy, nope still over his head.

I also have an aunt who gave me a nickname at birth and she still uses it some 48 years later 'Mimsy Doodlepop' anyone :laugh:

My dad calls me Fanny and if in a hugely crowded public place it's Fanny Adams or 'cringe' Fanny Tickle, he is so straight and tory boy (and very luffley too :wub: ) he just doesn't see anything wrong, bearing in mind he's been married to my mum for over 50 years and she's called Nancy, nope still over his head.

I also have an aunt who gave me a nickname at birth and she still uses it some 48 years later 'Mimsy Doodlepop' anyone :laugh:

My mum was called Fanny as a child (she's Jane). She wanted to use it when she got her first email addy and got all upset when we told her she couldn't :laugh:

She'd still be called it now if she had her way...

Mimsy Doodlepop eh? Hm...

Cheryl with a Sh not Ch and definitely never Chez or I get most annoyed :angry:

Molly is never called Molly at home, we always use her nicknames, Bert and Mollbert :laugh: She loves all her names :laugh:

I was called Ian with the idea that nobody could shorten it. Little did Mum know that when children we would have a friend who would call me "E". Perhaps following this logic & just to annoy your Mum from now on you can sign yourself here as "C"? :biggrin:

Ians mum had the same idea as your mum, nobody would shorten Ian or give him a nickname. Well they did :laugh: One of his younger brothers had trouble pronouncing 'Ian' and would say Eenore (as in Eeyore but with a 'n'). Since then most of his family have called him Eenore :rolleyes:

My name is Lesley, spell ley not lie, and not Les, often called Sam by Dad, and have been called Lelly by countless children, was also known as Purple Passion in years gone by when C.B. radios were illegal :laugh:

I always remember that its I for 'im and E for 'er ! as in LeslIe /male and LeslEy /female. :laugh: :laugh: x