UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The One Thing About Your Dogs

reds

Everything about them is special and we love them to bits (even the NORTY bits) but what is the one thing that you ultra appreciate about them?

For me:

Teddy: Fabulous foster brother. Never retaliates to anything, gives them space and plays if they have play to give. I honestly do love that incredibly much about him.

Jack (Jackson, pudding): He doesn't argue with me! He is creepy, "Mummy don't be mad, we luffs each other", boy.

Rory: Living life at as close to 100mph as he can. Blind, what's that then?

angel whuppetty girl loyalty beyond belief if i fall asleep downstairs she guards me from OH :laugh:

Ttyzer our own huge wrinkly nice but very dim dog who spits when you ask him to sit :wub:

Henry our pointless dog he along with susi q are the ideal dogs for someone who doesnt want a dog :laugh:

pumpkin who is just the most ungraceful and clumsy pointy dog ive ever met bless him and as a handrear is mummys special little soldier

i may be back :laugh:

Cliffy, being bossy and keeping the other 2 in line (and he is half their size)

Tessie for being a snuggle monster (she is such a daddys girl)

Archie for being so gentle and loving

put all 3 together and they really are a chilled out bunch of dogs

I luffs them all :wub: :wub: :wub:

George's devotion to me. I have never had such a devoted dog. If I go out and leave him here he sits by the front door waiting for me to come back and no-one can budge him. When I come back it's like he hasn't seen me for years. He guards the bedroom door when I am in bed with a migraine and won't let anyone in. He won't leave his post and Ruby has to bring his meals up for him, he won't go out for a wee either and holds on until I am well enough to get out of bed to let him out myself. He's just such a little poppet :wub:

Archie's exuberance for life and his smiley face. Nothing, other than being ill, gets him down and you just can't be down with him around. He likes nowt better than to get on your knee for a love-in and really snuggles in. He loves people and children and greets everyone with such joy - too much at times!

Marion

Scampi, for putting his trust in me the day we picked him up from the canal bank even though he was scared of his own shadow and all other humans. He still clings to me 13 years on. :wub_anim:

Dylan mainly for his cheeky and norty ways, the way he squeals when he wants something, starting off almost inaudibly, then rising in pitch till I succumb. He is a good human trainer. :rolleyes:

Benji is my hearing dog - he lets me know when someone is at the door or the phone rings, he has never been trained in any way for this he just does it. When hubby is out he is constantly by my side :wub:

Henry loves everyone and everything unconditionally :wub:

Roly - for his complete trust & devotion to me though he is so scared of people, he looks at me all the time we are in the same room & his face just oozes love. He positions himself everywhere I go in the house (outside the shower door/ across my bedroom door) so I have to step over him & he knows I can't resist a tummy rub :wub:

Snoopy - for being exactly the opposite & a complete tart with other people! she is so good with people, today on our walk I lost her in the midst of 6 teenagers sitting on the grass, legs akimbo on her back just loving the fuss :laugh: (roly looked on horrified at her antics)

Like you say - it's the whole package, but ...

Kai - for being so laid back about everything. I am convinced it is his attitude to life that has helped everyone else settle in

Monty - because of his transformation from being scared of everything to a confident hound that enjoys life. When he bounds down the garden with tail up it is still the most brilliant sight for me.

Jack - whatever Jack is doing is the best thing Jack has ever done. He always has a wag and a kiss for everyone

Troy- not the brightest of hounds but so loving

Lucy - she's one of those eccentric ladies that wants to do things her way and doesn't let anyone or anything stop her, but does it all in way that nobody minds

Mack - is another one that's really affectionate and lets you know he's happy to be with you - though 'you' could be anyone, so maybe it's his loyalty :)

Rosie - for being much more than I hoped and much less than I expected. She is my second shadow

Nog for the cuddles - in the afternoon if I get a chance I try and take a nap even if it's only 30 mins - all I have to say is "nap time" and he is up like a flash waiting for me, as soon as I have laid down on top of the covers he leaps on the bed and magically lands in a prone position totally stretched out along my back cuddled up as close as close can be :wub: it's so special, he couldn't get any closer to me if he tried and he stays there without moving until I get up he's my very own hot water bottle :wub: :wub:

Musky for being such a big, soft cuddly bear who loves everything and everybody :wub:

Taz for trying so very hard to do what I want, even though he's not very bright and often hasn't a clue what it is :rolleyes:

Meg for the way she snuggles up as close as she can the minute I'm sitting down, and the crazy little dance she does when I come home after I've been out :laugh:

Sophie for trusting me totally, even though she finds the world quite a scary place sometimes. I actually think she would walk through fire if I asked her to :GroupHug:

Jess for being sweet natured, uncomplicated, happy, waggy and slightly loony, and for making me laugh :)

There are so many other things I love about hem, not least the fact they are all so gentle and good natured with one another. I feel very lucky to have all of them.