UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May - R M F

Wendbert

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hereby declare chirpier to be the RMF word of the day lol.

i had a crappy day yesterday my dad phoned and put me on a right downer.

:GroupHug:

I think I'm about to have a cleaning day. Have done 2 bathrooms so far. I'm sure I suffer from SAD cos on bright and sunny days I go into domestic goddess mode.

Want to do some here :wink:

So far I have had a nice shower and hair wash, walked the doglets, and put some washing on.

I had forgotten it was bank holiday weekend this week.

Am off to Dad's on saturday with the dogs to do his garden for him. Sunday we are all off to my Aunts for lunch. No doubt the dogs will get lunch too. :laugh:

Happy Birthday Bradley :partytime:

Morning. Tis exam day today so would appreciate some "be easy exam" thoughts at 1.30 pm today please.

Good luck :liebe94:

Actually we were laughing because the police didnt come out and we knew why and then two turn up right at the end. I walked past rattling my chains and stuff and the PC called me back and asked if there was anything he could do to help. I expressed my surprise and told him he was six years too late.

He was so polite and caring and what he said "suggested" that the decent guys are on my side.

Another policeman knocked my daughters door the other day and said it was great what we did.

Two deaths overnight one expected and one I need words with Fenella the fox about and I need to sort out insurance now.

Im soooo tired :mecry:

It will make the world of difference with a decent tractor.

:GroupHug:

Hi Fugees :) After our night on the tiles, me and Polly stayed in bed until 10 a.m. Admittedly I woke at 4.30 as per usual and read and listened to the radio until 7 when I dozed again. It's taking a long time to get back to normal sleeping rather than a series of "power naps" but one day I'll get there.

Today is a quiet day here with no car until evening as the Heart of Gold has gone off on a transport run without me, standing in for a poorly Jeep which should have done it. Yesterday was a Bad Jeep Day for all by the sound of it. Lesley, what are you like!! :ohmy: T G you are OK. I will be delivering wheelchairs to someone not far from you tomorrow so will drop by. Did you put a pic of the burned out car in the manky body parts thread?

The wheelchair story is unbelievable. This guy posted on Freecycle to ask if anyone had a single bed and an overbed table, as his disabled wife had been suddenly discharged from hospital with nowhere to sleep downstairs except the sofa. I contacted him to see if she needed a wheelchair, and he told me that the ward had sent home all the patients they could as it was scheduled for "deep cleaning". He had been told a care plan would be in place, but it wasn't, and once the lady was home the hospital were no longer responsible for her. Several Freecyclers had rushed to explain what is available and who to contact, so he called the district nurse who is organising an electric bed etc and an urgent visit from the Occupational Therapist. The lady is paralysed from the waist down, she has deterioration of all the muscles down her spine, which is very rare in a younger person. The DN was horrified that she had suddenly been sent home with no support and no letter to the DN or doctor.

Anyway, she will be able to get a wheelchair provided to her own needs and measurements, but I know from experience that the wait for wheelchair assessment is between 6 months and a year. PC waited more than 6 months and never had an appointment. I am very pleased to rehome both the manual and the electric one to someone who will get good use from them. The electric one came to me from a Fugee :wub: Tis a shame that someone who is paralysed should be reliant on Freecycle for a chair, though.

Thinking of Alex, hope exam goes well.

Happy Birthday Bradley :)

:ohmy:

:laugh:

Just to be clear I wasn't planning to flash my foof :ohmy: but *foofcat* has quite a nice ring to it doesn't it...could cause problems for ceri at school though :unsure:

Lesley :GroupHug:

Owl :GroupHug: :flowers:

Thanks Sarah :biggrin: :flowers: and :boldred: :biggrin: :boldred: for you too! I'll be excited when I know the dogs, monstercat and *Damien* are all ok together :rolleyes:

:wub: So excited for the (hopefully) new fugee pets!

Owl that's a shocking story, that poor family! But what a wonderful example of people pulling together and helping out, the internet might have alot to be blamed for but they wouldn't of got that sort of support without it! :GroupHug: