UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May - R M F

Wendbert

Ugh. What did you tell us that for? How gross is that. Pleased it's better. Are you sure it's Athletes Foot? You don't get little tiny blisters full of water do you?

No but Ellis does, all round the soles and sides. Doc said it was an allergic reaction, like hayfever as she only gets it in summer.

Indy loves licking my feet, and I'm not adverse to her doing it :blush: She never nibbles though, but that's because I'm not scabby like Mel is :biggrin:

See, I'm not weird. Scabby but not weird :biggrin:

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't read Melps post...glad I didn't cos you lot are making me feel sick just refering to it.

I've walked to Netto. Bought Lemon Cake cos thought I'd walked so therefore could eat lemon cake cos I'd used more calories by walking. I like my logic.

Spoke to lady of possible new home for Kane...very very very nice lady going to see it tonight. Bit scared but I've got to be brave. :wacko:

I have passed on your messages of sympathy to Mollydog, who was very pleased by them, and is now sitting on her beanbag wearing her I Am Extremely Important face.

Az would like to warn Whuppetty Jake though, as one Whuppety Thing to another, that once Mollydog has a whiff of your sossidges your chances of getting any Sossidges of your own are entirely dependent on how fast you can run with them...

Melps I get that feet thing too, it's such a pain though better the feet than the fingers, I've had it there as well and then it all cracks and goes disgusting when you type. I must confess though, I have not tried your solution. Not sure my dogs would wash my feet, but I bet Kjetil would, does it also work with cats, do we think...?

Edited by cycas

Spoke to lady of possible new home for Kane...very very very nice lady going to see it tonight. Bit scared but I've got to be brave. :wacko:

Eh? What have I missed? Are you moving him from where he currently lives, or looking for someone else to take him on? Either way, I'm sorry to hear things aren't working out - but I know that whatever you do it will be with his best interests in mind.

Eh? What have I missed? Are you moving him from where he currently lives, or looking for someone else to take him on? Either way, I'm sorry to hear things aren't working out - but I know that whatever you do it will be with his best interests in mind.

Ohhh looooonnnnnnnggggg post in cats and other animals bit!!! :laugh: No he's definately not leaving me, it would be a cold day in hell that happens!!! :laugh: Just time to move me thinks. :wink:

Kazz, good news about Kujo. :biggrin:

Sarah, he looks lovely and I think Bear would have been well chuffed at you finding another cuddly monster to play with his sister :wub:

[

One of the girls I teach has set fire to herself and tried to jump off the multistorey, I am absolutely heart broken.

:mecry: How awful! :GroupHug: Let us know how she is.

The legacy

When humans die, they make a will

To leave their homes and all they have

to those they love.

I, too, would make a will if I could write.

To some poor wistful, lonely stray

I leave my happy home,

My dish, my cosy bed, my cushioned chair, my toy.

The well loved lap, the gentle stroking hand,

the loving voice,

The place I made in someone's heart,

The love that at the last could help me to

a peaceful painless end

Held in loving arms.

If I should die, Oh do not say,

"No more a pet I'll have,

to grieve me by it's loss"

Seek out some lonely, unloved dog

And give my place to him.

This is the legacy I leave behind -

'tis all I have to give

:mecry: Thats lovely Julia.

Nick, :GroupHug:

I helped Jasmine tonight. She was my foster cat with the tumour who is buried in my garden and who came back as a blackbird :wub: (I am not mad, tis very true). She recently married Mr Blackbird and they have babies. I see them both about three billion times a day collecting worms from the garden. Ian went out for a fag and noticed one of their babies trapped behind the compost bin & some of the kids toys. Baby, Jasmine & Mr Blackbird were screaming their heads off. Everytime Ian moved near to the baby to try to free it they took turns in dive bombing him very angrily :( So he came in to tell me and I said I'd do it. Jasmine knows me and trusts me so I was able to move the toys and scoop baby out into the open without her trying to finish me off. Baby stumbled away and flew into a bush. Jasmine looked relieved & delighted and ever since Mr Blackbird has been singing a celebratory song on next doors roof : :wub:

Aaw, thats so lovely :wub:

Chasta, LOVE the dress. That is exactly the kind I would wear. (if i ever went anywear to wear a dress) :rolleyes:

Penny, make sure you have your camera ready. We need pics of you in fancy dress :biggrin:

Billy, sorry the job didnt work out. At least you get to spend the week with Mal and can have spend time looking for a better job. :flowers:

Melp, the dogs often lick wounds in our house. OH suffered with some kind of work related (think stress) dermatitus. Creams worked very slowly. Saffy always hones in on the sore bits and licks them. They then heal within days. :biggrin: I dont care about a bit of mankyness. Didnt do us any harm when we were kids. And if I did care, I wouldnt have dogs, especially a labrador :biggrin:

It could be a form of excema Ellis has Mel. I got it after my op and tother mel very kindly gave me a link. I was to just let air get to it and leave well alone. It takes ages to go. It is extremely itchy but if you touch it at all it can set it all off again. I get it on fingers, in between toes and side of my foot. Since the flushes have stopped I haven't had it.

Erm ok I'll fess up now as well. I keep getting thrush and canesten isn't helping. I thought I had finally cracked it but the internal on Wed seems to have kicked it off again. Is there an alternative remedy you can take for it? I've also decided that this time round I'm going to take stuff before my op to aid recovery. What could I take for that and when should I start taking. eg 2 weeks before.

Loving the dress and shoes Chasta. Have a great night.

Edited by Jacobean

Erm ok I'll fess up now as well. I keep getting thrush and canesten isn't helping. I thought I had finally cracked it but the internal on Wed seems to have kicked it off again. Is there an alternative remedy you can take for it? I've also decided that this time round I'm going to take stuff before my op to aid recovery. What could I take for that and when should I start taking. eg 2 weeks before.

Have you tried taking gut bacteria capsules? Lactobacillus type things wot you can get at health food shops - always worked for me :flowers: Tea tree oil baths are supposed to be good for external thrush.

Not sure my dogs would wash my feet, but I bet Kjetil would, does it also work with cats, do we think...?

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo they have rough tongues, it would hurt!

Michelle, it might be that the thrush is higher up arund your cervix in which case Canestan, even pessaries won't help. You can get tablets from the GP that should clear it up once and for all. Or try mooninboobies suggestion :flowers:

Have you used live yoghurt? syringe it up yer flue but make sure you lie on your back for a whil otherwise it drips out again when you stand up :laugh:

which reminds me of another gross fact.

I used live yoghurt for thrush and stood up too quickly. Went off to get cloth to wipe up spillage and came back to find Boo [my old cat] eating it.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

The best thing for thrush is to take high quality pro-biotic supplements (not things like actimel or yakkult and they're just not effective). Biocare do one - you should be able to get it at a health food shop. The pro-biotics help crowd out the thrush gremlins and stop them from multiplying. Also watch how much sugar / fruit / bread you eat - sugary / yeasty foods also encourage growth. Some docs are now recommending taking pro-biotics prior to surgery.

Ohhh looooonnnnnnnggggg post in cats and other animals bit!!! :laugh: No he's definately not leaving me, it would be a cold day in hell that happens!!! :laugh: Just time to move me thinks. :wink:

Just read the post - sounds like looking at other places is probably a good thing. Very sorry to see that Danny's not being ridden - he is such a lovely horse.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo they have rough tongues, it would hurt!

Michelle, it might be that the thrush is higher up arund your cervix in which case Canestan, even pessaries won't help. You can get tablets from the GP that should clear it up once and for all. Or try mooninboobies suggestion :flowers:

Have you used live yoghurt? syringe it up yer flue but make sure you lie on your back for a whil otherwise it drips out again when you stand up :laugh:

which reminds me of another gross fact.

I used live yoghurt for thrush and stood up too quickly. Went off to get cloth to wipe up spillage and came back to find Boo [my old cat] eating it.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Or dunk a tampon in a pot of live yoghurt (natural of course) :rolleyes: and use as normal. Do not however replace used tub of yoghurt back in the fridge with edible food stuff :laugh: