UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May - R M F

Wendbert

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit quiet in here tonight, isn't it? :unsure:

I have just eaten a chicken and mushroom balti, plain boiled rice, plain naan bread, poppadom and raita, dip etc and a mug of tea and some watermelon and melon as well.

No wonder I'm a bit of a lardy arse.

Edited by supafrisk

I was merrily reading away, trying to catch up and then the phone rang ... :rolleyes:

Well, apparently I did have a job when I left this afternoon, but as of 10 o'clock - the flippin' time that the agency called me!! :ohmy: - I haven't!! I've booked a week off holidays, and she told me that they don't want me back afters, "because I'm struggling a bit with the job" - !!! Granted, it didn't go as fast and smooth as I would of liked, but I do think that the haphazard "training" by someone, who has got no idea how to train someone else, might have something if not a lot to do with it. However, seeing as things have been going, one of my friends is sure that it wasn't because of that, but because of personality clashes - but of course they can't get away with sacking me because of that if I haven't behaved outrageously (and I haven't, honest guv!). Clashes being with my colleague on the same part of the job, who I quite strongly suspect didn't like me from the start. Thing is, she's only a snotty 21-year-old! (apologies to all not-snotty 21-year-olds, I'm sure you're all lovverly! :wink:). Can't believe that I'm essentially being sacked by a toddler!

Aaany case, the long and short of it is that my task for next week will be looking after Mal and mum, as well as organising a new job! Coz Mal's insurance will run out at some point, and I'll be damned if I can't pay for his treatment. Oh boy, I might be a bit up sh!t creek! :unsure:

Oh shite Billy I'm terribly sorry to hear this :flowers:

I have staff who are managed by another company so similiar to yourself and the norm is that if a "problem/issue" is perceived then I report it to the company employing the person and they deal with it/fire the person etc.

And no, they don't have to give a reason, or at least the real reason, basically if you cause or are percieved to cause any issues then out you go :(

I've been on the flip side in the past as well, it's the bad side of agency working.

On the positive side, thinking back to when you left your last job, and you were offered by several clients is that worth exploring?

btw good luck with the radiation for Mal :flowers: and again I'm very very sorry to hear your news :GroupHug:

ETA I'm now really off to bed :flowers:

Edited by nouggatti

Oh shite Billy I'm terribly sorry to hear this :flowers:

I have staff who are managed by another company so similiar to yourself and the norm is that if a "problem/issue" is perceived then I report it to the company employing the person and they deal with it/fire the person etc.

And no, they don't have to give a reason, or at least the real reason, basically if you cause or are percieved to cause any issues then out you go :(

I've been on the flip side in the past as well, it's the bad side of agency working.

On the positive side, thinking back to when you left your last job, and you were offered by several clients is that worth exploring?

btw good luck with the radiation for Mal :flowers: and again I'm very very sorry to hear your news :GroupHug:

I know nouggatti, it's the flip side of working for an agency, that's why I wasn't at all happy when I heard from the company - NOT the agency! - during the interview that I wasn't going to work for them. Took the risk and there you go. I know that it's all perfectly legal, but I do think that for a job that was going to be long term this has been handled very badly.

Unfortunately my old customers who offered me a job are all based in Holland, and I'm sure as hell not going to emigrate back!

Oh well, back to the grind stone of working at getting a job then I guess :rolleyes:

I know nouggatti, it's the flip side of working for an agency, that's why I wasn't at all happy when I heard from the company - NOT the agency! - during the interview that I wasn't going to work for them. Took the risk and there you go. I know that it's all perfectly legal, but I do think that for a job that was going to be long term this has been handled very badly.

Unfortunately my old customers who offered me a job are all based in Holland, and I'm sure as hell not going to emigrate back!

Oh well, back to the grind stone of working at getting a job then I guess :rolleyes:

When it's most inconvenient, that's when the flack happens :angry: Sorry about the job but I'm sure you'll get something better quickly :biggrin: Best news though is that you can have a week with Mal and just be there for him. :GroupHug:

what can you do and what do you want to do billy. im sure between us we can find 101 links and jobs given half an hour with google :flowers:

Thanks Helly! :flowers: I've already been googling (got to stop now and go to bed if I want to make anything of tomorrow) and come up with 3 jobs that I want to investigate.

Basically I want an admin/customer service job, max 5 miles away from Mc'r city centre, no travelling, hours between 8-6, minimum 16.5K. For that kind of money I can be bi-lingual, throw a bit of German in and make a damn strong coffee! :wink: I'd be most interested to see what anyone comes up with. :) Of course I'd love to work with dogs more than anything, but I'm afraid I couldn't afford the salary :(

Still no joy finding those camo trousers in my local asda's, the pair I bought originally were a bit tight and as the material is pre-faded/worn, it rips easily.

Shame cos they were soo chumfy but asda coventry say they've discontinued them, to my disgust.

Sorry to hear that Billy. Hope something turns up soon. I'm in sh1t creek for the foreseeable so know how you feel. :GroupHug: Get in touch with all the agencies tomorrow and say you can start immediately. Do you get the train into work. There should be loads of adminy type roles in the centre. Not necessarily paying that much I grant you but there will be a job out there with your name on it.

I've tried to find all sorts of work from home where I can do something part time spread out over 24 hours if need be but gets something done each day. I can't go and sit in an office part time. I just wouldn't last. My latest pondering is doing spreadsheets from home but don't know who to approach for that kind of work. Tried to start book-keeping but got lots of people asking me for free advice. I'm sure in time I could build a business but I need money now. Oh dear I've been at the painkillers again and have gone into waffly b*llocks.

Completely forgot to mention, Will had the pleasure of meeting Zakia, the base op's new slooki the other day.

Unfotunately, Zak spent most of the time chasing Will trying to hump him, which Will wasn't amused about :rolleyes:

Hopefully he will have his lumps lopped off soon :biggrin:

:biggrin: RM Good news for once.

My son Rob has had a promotion at work, made up to Dealer 3 and trainee inspector. I am so chuffed for him. :)

Went to pick him up at 5 am he came out of work with a huge grin on his face, I'm a happy bunny at the moment.

Morning Twirly-peeps

:GroupHug: Billy, thats pants. And good luck for Mal's radiotherapy

Di, good news about the collie boy, I hope he took to the crate :flowers:

Lizzie, well done to your son :jumpy:

Mel... shoes... er well Im wearing some old faithful killer (for me) heels, but I'll see if I can find a pic

Hi ho... another day at the funny farm trying to avoid the crap that the bi-atch from hell is trying to compile a smear campaign against me with :rolleyes: