UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

How Accurate/effective Are The Forums.

Ciren

i been wondering how many dogs actually get rehomed by posts on the forum.

or maybe are the posts just a good way of attracting people to the particular rescues. i for example would not have known about the one close to me without this board.

i not trying to say thease boards are a waste of time i am genuinely curious how many dogs posted on here actually get rehomed because of here.

Teckels have re homed dogs and cats via Refuge, we have also been able to help other rescues and they us, we have been able to let the public know about our fund raising events such as our

GRAND SUMMER BALL, JUNE 13TH 2008

and keep in touch with owners of previously adopted Teckels dogs. Thanks to Refuge, we now also have a new web site with hosting donated, new volunteers and far better communication.

Yep., id day Refuge has helped us here and there :flowers:

Two of my dogs have been adopted because of posts here and elsewhere :biggrin:

I can't remember the figure offhand but The Refuge has raised around 30k for rescues. Regardless of the rehoming section, we need to keep the banter going so we can keep increasing that amazing figure. Donations to rescues are just as important as the animals they help.

I find it very useful when arranging transport runs for Oldies Club. Without forums it would be harder to find people to help move these dogs.

We adopted Louie sort of via a forum as without the forum i would have know the rescue existed.

Edited by lil_angel

Four of my dogs were rehomed to me as a direct result of being a member of a dog rescue forum - three were advertised on there and one was a failed transport run for a rescue I wouldn't have known about otherwise.

The rehoming, transport runs, fostering, fundraising etc which is done by these sort of forums is invaluable. It also makes us more aware of shows and other events which we would otherwise not have been aware of and in turn this means these fundraising events are much better attended by people from all over the place.

It's also a wonderful resource for advice and help - I've learned loads about dogs, illnesses, etc through being a member.

Edited by madmerle

I've spent time heftily involved with 2 rescues, transporting, homechecking, fundraising and fostering thanks to forums ( :biggrin: or :glare: ??)

2 of my dogs also came to me indirectly via the forums :wub:

My children have been educated in the ways of dogs and rescues (good and bad practices) thanks to the forums and both of them are already staunch supporters of neutering and rescue over breeders :wub:

I also need to say that my social circle has widened vastly thanks to the forums and that has made more difference than almost anything else that has touched my life in the last few years :wub:

2 of mine are from forums ...I now homecheck and emergency foster cos of them. I have found homes via here for a number of friends and collegues (currently working on one right now actually!! :laugh: ) and where else would I come to find out all the information I need!??? :laugh: :wink: