UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

How Accurate/effective Are The Forums.

Ciren

It's also worth pointing out that like most other forums Refuge's rehoming threads are visible to guests as well as members, so it's impossible to know how many people have seen animals here, contacted the rescues and adopted all without ever having joined the forums or even mentioning where they found the information about the rescue, just that they saw the dog/cat/rabbitt/guinea pig etc. on "the internet".

We have 2 evil norty Fugee Bengal Cats. I am not sure if those particular cats were actually advertised here, but I contacted Bengal Cat Rescue on here to find out if they had anything suitable as a result of their presence on the Refuge, and I did THAT because the year before, they advertised their calendars on here and I bought one as a present for my OH, who then fell in love with the idea of having a Bengal of his own!

I've also done transports and a homecheck having seen requests on here.

Joop, who has just passed away, was a Dogpages bunny.

I've been involved with various forums since July 2003 when I started searching for friend's stolen lurcher. Somehow along the way I got into transporting and assisting rescues, and helping out individual animals which sort of landed in my lap - as they do! I've matched up a couple of local acquaintances with Gap dogs which they then adopted, I've done a couple of homechecks, and I've lost track of how many animals I've transported. Done some emergency fostering as well.

I adopted 3 dwarf hammies from sproggie on this forum, plus a couple of giant land snails from KathyM.

Aside from animals, I have received and donated quite a variety of items via Refuge. I even bought my car from a Fugee.

I rehomed Minnie through a post on this forum (I posted in RMF and this led to an application to adopt from LRSEC, a homecheck and finally adoption. Be careful what you say in RMF :biggrin: :wub: :wub: ).

I think this forum has been very effective in helping rescues in many ways. The amount of money raised is just amazing isn't it :biggrin: