UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

What I've Just Been Reading

Spins4me

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just had two books from Amazon, both by Clive Barker, I haven't read his books in donkeys, I got the Books of Blood omnibus, which I read when they first came out but wanted to read them again, and his new one called Mr B Gone, written by a demon :devil: He has to be one of the very best horror writers, it's just a pity he dosn't live in Britain anymore as I think thats what gave the Books of Blood their edge, they were set in humdrum Blighty and for me it made them that bit more creepy :spudnikghost:

• 2 weeks later...
I've just finished the new Cecelia Ahern book - Thanks For The Memories. I've read it in 48 hours and had little sleep and done no housework :blush: It made me laugh until my ribs ached in places and also made me :mecry: but it was a wonderful book. A new favourite :wub:

Ooh I'll have to watch out for that, I love her books :biggrin:

I am reading Eunice Fleet, which is an old book about a woman who was married to a Conscientious Objector in the First World War. A very quiet book in style but surprisingly readable considering it was written decades ago.

I'll be going to the library on Monday :elefant: I luffs the library

The tangled skein by David Jones-David a pastiche of Sherlock Holmes, it was surprisingly good.

Just about to start the collected ghosts stories of Jerome K Jerome and then have decided to re read all the EF Benson Mapp and Lucia books

just finished The Kite Runner which was so fantastic I read it in 24 hours , also this trip have read Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picolt which again I could not put down

I have got Nineteen Minutes to read here.

Might start that tonight.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having a bit of a book sort out, it's killing me but the house is collapsing under the weight of books.

Can't do quotes properly so:

Any chance you could pass that on to me when you've finished it Jules? :unsure: It goes without saying that I'd reimburse you for P + P :flowers:

Alison, I've finally finished this, it was 'Shoot the damn dog' by Sally Brampton, if you still want it, PM me your address.

OOhhh I had forgotten about that book, I loved it, must read it again sometime :)

Julia, this was in response to me saying I'd re-read Ferney, have you got a copy or do you want me to send you this one?

Do you know if she has written anything else?

Edith, this was your question about Kim Edwards who wrote The Memory Keeper's Daughter' - managed to get 'The Secrets of a Fire King' but I've finished it, do you want it?

Edited by JulesB