UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

What I've Just Been Reading

Spins4me

I'm delighted you enjoyed those books Barbara :flowers: I couldn't put the James Herriot Dog Stories one down either!

I think in the other reading thread it was Sanrosscot who mentioned the Lillian Beckwith books and managed to get hold of some on Amazon. I can thoroughly recommend them as an engaging easy read too so it might be worth PMing her to see if she might lend you one or two.

The Lilian Beckwith's are very good I read them a while ago - quite funny too if I remember correctly. :)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sol has had extra pocket money this month from his Dad and is feeling generous. He'd like to send a £10 book token to a Fugee.

Tell me what you'd buy with it and why to help him decide who to send it to. :flowers: I think you can also put book tokens towards magazine subscriptions which would be fine by Ginge.

Spins4me, I'm glad you are back into reading :flowers:

I'm currently on with 'Shoot the damn dog' which apart from the title, is a good book. It's by Sally Brampton and its about her struggle with depression. I had to wait ages for it to come up on the greenmetropolis website but it was worth the wait.

Sol is a generous boy :flowers:

Just read Harlan Coben - The Woods, now reading James Patterson - The 6th Target :)

ditto :laugh: saved me checking what they were called. i recently read some book called the shakespeare murders or something similar. god it bored me but i wong give up on a book so i trudged through it.

i did suffer my way through middlemarch for A'level english. now that has to go down as one of the most boring books in history. think i used it as a door stop for the loo for several years afterwards :laugh: Trust me, you will be forgiven for ditching it :laugh:

Currently reading Personal Training Theory & Practice :rolleyes: and The Da Vinci Code

Godin, many years ago I qualified as a fitness instructor, and I might have a couple of exercise books and some course material (only NVQ2 level, so nothing big n heavy to read!) lying about. If you would like me to send you those, give a shout with your addy. I've never gone into fitness instruction and the stuff is now gathering dust on my bookshelves. Also if you ever need any ideas about programmes etc I'll be happy to brainstorm and see what the "archive between he ears" comes up with. :)

Any chance you could pass that on to me when you've finished it Jules? :unsure: It goes without saying that I'd reimburse you for P + P :flowers:

Of course. PM me your address and I'll let you know when it's on its way. No need for P&P though, it will be my pleasure :flowers:

Just read Harlan Coben - The Woods,

Me too :biggrin: and then I read "The moment you were gone" by Nicci Gerrard in the week and have moved on to "losing you" by Nicci French (who is kind of the same person :wacko:) and I have ordered "Thanks for the Memories" by Cecelia Ahern to read next :).