UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

I Am Very Proud Of My Dog

Lydford

My dog Spike, who is about 13ish (he is very coy about his age, he wont let on) went for his assessment to become a volunteer Blue Cross Childrens Education dog yesterday.

He passed!! :bigsmiley: He can come along to the talks with me now.

I am sooo proud of him.

Spike came to us from Border Collie Rescue. As we couldn't have a dog at the time we used to go and do some dog walking for them, and everytime we went Spike would still be there, always being overlooked because he was Border Collie x Greyhound and kennel life stressed him out so much that he never really looked his best - so no one was interested. 10 months later, we could stand it no longer, we made some alterations to our working days so we could look after him, and he moved in with us. We had got to know him so well by this time,we even used to take him to the pub during his walks!

So I would just like to say - nah, nah ne, nah, nah :D to all those who walked past him and ignored him all those years ago, because he wasn't picture perfect - you don't know what you missed!.

But then I am biased I suppose. :rolleyes:

My dog Spike, who is about 13ish (he is very coy about his age, he wont let on) went for his assessment to become a volunteer Blue Cross Childrens Education dog yesterday.

He passed!! :bigsmiley: He can come along to the talks with me now.

I am sooo proud of him.

Spike came to us from Border Collie Rescue. As we couldn't have a dog at the time we used to go and do some dog walking for them, and everytime we went Spike would still be there, always being overlooked because he was Border Collie x Greyhound and kennel life stressed him out so much that he never really looked his best - so no one was interested. 10 months later, we could stand it no longer, we made some alterations to our working days so we could look after him, and he moved in with us. We had got to know him so well by this time,we even used to take him to the pub during his walks!

So I would just like to say - nah, nah ne, nah, nah :D to all those who walked past him and ignored him all those years ago, because he wasn't picture perfect - you don't know what you missed!.

But then I am biased I suppose. :rolleyes:

congratulations Spike :wub: :wub: Every dog has his day, and today it's his turn :flowers:

(Great name by the way :wink: )

Well done Spike - just goes to prove the overlooked Oldies rule!!! Bud was about 12 when he passed his PAT assessment - he had been in and out of Dogs Trust 3 times over 3 years before he came to me aged 10........ just shows what those other people have missed!!!

Sorry Spikes mom ( in other words me) is not as clever as Spike and doesn't know how to put a picture on. :wacko:

If someone could give me a clue I will happily put picture of my clever lad on.

By the way its not him on the avatar, although it does look like him a bit which is why I picked it.